MorphOS Registration?
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    zhulien
    Just read on this forum about the MorphOS registration then went to the MorphOS website.

Now, I don't remember if I have registered my Pegasos 2s or not, but I'm curious as to where the registration number comes from, is there one inside my Peg 2 boxes somewhere?

From the registration page, it says if you've registered, then don't again... since I have 3 Pegasos 2s (perhaps 3 different registration numbers if I can find them) then does that mean I just pick a random one? What's the point of that?

How do I know which Mailing Lists I'm already on? (assuming that 1 of my 3 Pegasos 2s are already registered)?

Why do I have 3 Peg 2s? I actually use only 1 and the other 2 are spares. I got stung with my A4000, I had it with a spare Cyberstorm PPC card and never used the spare, it was in the cupboard for years so I sold it. Not long after, my main A4000 died. I never wanted to be in this position again, now 3x the chance of not being like that!

Regards, Julian
  • »06.01.08 - 02:02
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    wali7
    I have other problem with registering my PegII... my machine is second hand but previous owner claimed he had never registered it. So I tried to do it, after filling the form I would receive e-mail with conformation. I have never received it. Just about last Christmas I tried to do it once more (there was some news about latest registrating action), but the effect is the same - no mail. What should I do?
  • »06.01.08 - 03:10
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Kamul
    I think you should try to drop an e-mail to Tokai. I know one person,
    that Tokai helped with registration.
  • »06.01.08 - 11:27
  • rms
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    rms
    Hi all,

me too, I have 7 Pegasos's 2 with MorphOS running in them but I don't remember which ones are registered but I'm shure not all of them are!

So how should i proceed?

Thanks for feed-back.

Regards

Christoph
  • »06.01.08 - 11:57
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    VooDoo
    Wohoo man 7 board`s very nice... 8-)
    MAC mini 1.5 ghz 1GB ram + MorphOS 3.7

A1200 sandwich

uA1c/g3 800 mHz/256mb/160gb hdd/OS4.1 :-D

Warp croatian Amiga portal :
  • »06.01.08 - 12:01
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Chain-Q
    @wali7
    Quote:

Just about last Christmas I tried to do it once more (there was some news about latest registrating action), but the effect is the same - no mail.

Your registration was processed, but i wasn't able to send the approval mail to the mail address you have specified. It bounced with the following error:

host mailis01.gazeta.pl[194.149.231.60] said: 550 Brak rekordu SPF/MX nadawcy lub brak poprawnej autoryzacji SMTP! (in reply to RCPT TO command)

The problem is, that gazeta.pl, your e-mail provider seem to implement a highly broken, highly incompatible anti-forgery and anti-spam technique. Please try to register from a different address, because to this address, i'll never be able to send a confirmation mail, unless your provider turns off their braindamage. (Not to mention that the polish error message originating from their server caused severe headaches to me. ;-) )

[ Edited by Chain-Q on 2008/1/6 13:52 ]
    [.PegasosII/G4.:.Efika.:.Amiga2000/060.]
    [.Free Pascal Compiler MorphOS Port.]
    [.Hosting AmigaSpirit.hu.]
  • »06.01.08 - 12:49
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Chain-Q
    @rms
    Quote:

So how should i proceed?

Current MorphOS registration for Pegasos 1.4.5 is per user, not per machine. So, if you already registered, and you have access to the download area, no need to re-register with the rest of the machines. If this will change for any future MorphOS release, and per machine registration will be required (like for PowerUP 1.4.5), it will be clearly announced.
  • »06.01.08 - 15:00
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    zhulien
    Quote:

Chain-Q wrote:
    @rms
    Quote:

So how should i proceed?

Current MorphOS registration for Pegasos 1.4.5 is per user, not per machine.

So my wife, son and I all have to register even though we share the 1 main machine?
  • »07.01.08 - 07:54
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Chain-Q
    @zhulien
    No? :-) Well, the point is, if you have access to the download area, and the mailing lists, it makes zero sense to abuse the registration page in any form. Because ATM, the registration doesn't have any other use. As we stated already a few times, current registration has nothing to do with access to any future MorphOS versions, and showing your support by giving extra work to the support team is a bad idea. ;-)

So, that's why registering with 10 machines, or 10 people using the same machine is something to avoid. I hope that's more clear now.
  • »07.01.08 - 08:57
    Profile Visit Website