PegasosII Hardware Questions
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Hey!

I've been away from the Pegasos and Amiga scene for a long while as I became a daddy for the first time last year! ;-)

Now that I have some spare time I am looking into buying a PegasosII system for my MorphOS musings.

I've owned one before, but I cannot remember some basic stuff about the hardware, so here goes:

Does the PegasosII (or indeed MorphOS) support DVI-output on ATI Radeon cards?

Are there any Sata-II controllers supported?

And finally, has support for the FireWire connector been added to MorphOS and does WLAN-PCI cards work under MorphOS?!

Come to think of it this should probably have been posted in the OS-forum, but anyway...

Thanks in advance for all answers you may provide!

Cheers! :-)
    Pegasos of course..
    ..the computer I always wanted.
  • »20.08.07 - 10:25
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Framiga
    Quote:

I've been away from the Pegasos and Amiga scene for a long while as I became a daddy for the first time last year!

Congratulations! this is the most important thing ... all the rest is a plus :-)
  • »20.08.07 - 11:35
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Phantom
    Quote:

I've been away from the Pegasos and Amiga scene for a long while as I became a daddy for the first time last year!

Congratulations... that's very nice ;-)

Quote:

I never heard of anybody used the DVI output, and if I am not mistaken it's not supported by MorphOS.

Quote:

Are there any Sata-II controllers supported?

I am sure no. There is no even a Sata-I controller (well, only for AmigaOne, but I don't know if this PCI card is compatible with MorphOS).

Quote:

And finally, has support for the FireWire connector been added to MorphOS and does WLAN-PCI cards work under MorphOS?!

I never tested it, so I don't know to answer. As for the WLAN PCI cards I own one, and I really want to test it with MorphOS, but what about the software :-? :-?

Hope to helped you a little bit ;-)
  • »20.08.07 - 12:51
    Golem
    DVI is supported, make sure the DVI_ENABLE=YES tooltype is set in the Radeon monitor driver. No SATA controllers are supported, and I don't think any 3rd party driver exists. There's no firewire support in MorphOS, Sonic was working on something, but I have no clue about the status or if anything will come of that. There is a driver for Prism II based WLAN cards on Aminet.
  • »20.08.07 - 13:13
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Phantom
    Oh yes Golem, you have right... I almost forgot that about Prism2 tool :-P
  • »20.08.07 - 13:53
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

Quote:

I never heard of anybody used the DVI output, and if I am not mistaken it's not supported by MorphOS.

Most people I know use the DVI output :) DVI->SVGA adapters doesn't seem to work very well in my experience, but DVI directly works well. It also gives the same picture to both SVGA and DVI connectors on MorphOS... I've used setup with monitor attached to DVI connector and video projector to SVGA connector. On my monitor&cables the DVI picture is much better than SVGA.
  • »20.08.07 - 13:56
    Profile Visit Website
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Thanks for the answers guys.
    It helped a lot!! ;-)

I have the infamous SGI 1600sw widescreen monitor that I thught I'd try with the Pegasos. It has DVI input through some adapter.
    The resolution is 1600x1024 so that might take some tuning to get right...

And yes, becoming a dad is an important event. And very, very exciting!! I highly recommend it!!! ;-)
    Pegasos of course..
    ..the computer I always wanted.
  • »20.08.07 - 14:25
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    ThePlayer
    I use a Samsung 204B TFT Monitor trough DVI with my Radeon 8500, and it works great here!
    PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 running UWQHD Resolution
  • »20.08.07 - 16:44