Testimonial - Genesi Support for Fried G4 X2.
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    matt3
    As some of you know the heat sink failed on my G4 and the CPU fried. This was the second G4 that the heat sink failed in the last 2 years. Both CPU's were replaced for free by Genesi.

I wanted to share my experience with Bill Buck and the support offered for my Peg2. I must say that I'm quite impressed, he located a CPU in Europe and had it shipped to my house. To support a discontinued product and promptly replace 2 CPU's in a professional manner reaffirmed my decision in purchasing a Peg 2.

Thanks Bill for the outstanding support!

Best regards,

Matt

PS The new G4 has an improved heat sink and fan.

[ Edited by matt3 on 2007/3/23 22:20 ]
  • »24.03.07 - 03:05
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Genesi
    Hi Matt, you are nice to mention this. I should say that Raquel was the person to actually ship it to you and Thomas was the person who found the right CPU card for the mainboard you had and who sent it to us as part of a larger shipment. So, you are welcome. It is a pleasure to support people like you. :-D
  • »24.03.07 - 09:21
    Profile Visit Website
    matt3
    Hi Bill:

I will add my thanks to Raquel and to Thomas as well then...

Thanks for going well beyond what was expecting in support.

Kind regards,

Matt
  • »24.03.07 - 12:37
    hooligan
    Also I got a quick answer from mr.Knabel about my problem, so big hands to bPlan aswell.

scandinavic characters dont work

[ Edited by hooligan on 2007/3/24 14:44 ]
    www.mikseri.net/hooligan <- Free music
  • »24.03.07 - 12:43
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    I cant remember if I shared my experience with this kind of problem happend to me, so i will do it now

My peg2 suddendly stopped working during a party ( which is awful, because it stops almost all your activity ).
    I did know that peg2, even then, was already a discontinued product, but friends at party convinced me to report BBRV to see if they could do sth ( BBRV positive support is very popular in MOS and Amiga users )

I reported the failure, and almost inmediatly i got respose telling me to ship the peg2 and cpu card to bplan.
    Shipped, fixed and back at home in record time, even better, they didnt charge me a single cent!

INCREDIBLE GOOD support from this ppl.

Thanks BBRV!

Edit: typ0s

[ Edited by FrankBrana on 2007/3/25 11:36 ]
  • »24.03.07 - 17:48
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    SoundSquare
    yes big up to the bplan team that fixed my Peg2 back in december last year in a very short time.
    BPlan rulez
  • »24.03.07 - 21:21
  • Just looking around
    amigaguy
    I have the same experience with Genesi. Great support after I received a defect Peg2.

The replacement took about 1 month including shipping both ways, which I think isn't to bad, but they actually offered me a free EFIKA for the wait as well.

And the E-mail response was also very fast. All in all the best support I've received from any hardware company.

I hope they'll make some new hardware with higher specs than the Peg2 as well in the future, and that the MorphOS team will add support for it.

[ Edited by amigaguy on 2007/3/25 21:11 ]
  • »25.03.07 - 18:20
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    ironfist
    I got the same great service when my CPU-card died. I
    shipped my card to them and I got it back within two
    weeks. Great job by Everyone involved!
  • »26.03.07 - 19:59
    Profile Visit Website
    hooligan
    Talking of support, anyone else willing to put a few dimes to buy advertspace from Amigaworld.net? A blue MorphOS-butterflylogo would look really cool there ;-)

Read more

:evil: :flame: :flame:
    www.mikseri.net/hooligan <- Free music
  • »28.03.07 - 14:40
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    RockmanX
    Hello, I think that what I'm going to say will make you think I'm the laziest and more negligent person on planet earth...
    I'm nearly sure that my G4 CPU got fried (many) months ago.
    I was having dinner with my new girlfriend and had my Peg playing music. Suddenly, it started making a still sound, and thinking it was software problem and not wanting to loose time, I just put the volume to minimum in order not to hear the awful still sound.
    When I tried to turn the computer on later, I didn't get anything. The next day I discovered that the cpu fan had lost its grip and was laying on the mainboard instaead of being attached to the cpu...
    I then saw a small brownish "halo" in the back of the cpu card and thought that my Peg was definitely lost, since I didn't have money for another cpu card that would have been, however, hard to find.
    I never contacted Genesi. I never thought about this service until it was to late... When Pegasos got discontinued.
    I would really like to get my Peg on track again, but I don't know what to do... Yes, I'm even going to ask BBRV if the replacement is still possible, but more than that I want to ask if someone has a G4 to sell or something!
    I feel guilty, because I really didn't care about the problem until it was too late... What can I say? Girls can be a really bad thing... :-(
  • »01.05.07 - 16:20
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    magnetic
    Rockman

Sorry about your probs. Vesilia may have cpu modules in stock and maybe bplan can fix it.. dont know. Not a good policy when you hear strange sounds coming from your exotic computer to just "turn up the volume" :-(

magnetic

ps.. ANOTHER call to REPLACE YOUR CPU FAN
    Pegasos 2 Rev 2B3 w/ Freescale 7447 "G4" @ 1ghz / 1gb Nanya Ram
    Quad Boot: MorphOS 2.7 | Amiga OS4.1 U4 | Ubuntu PPC GNU/Linux | OS X 10.4
  • »01.05.07 - 19:08
    Profile Visit Website
    matt3
    Hi RockmanX:

Go with BBRV to begin with, their support is truly top shelf.

Don't be so hard on yourself, I fried 2 G4's in the last 2 years and Bill Buck has stood behind his product.

Lastly, I would say that being busy with Girls can be a great thing... Enjoy yourself time flies, I have a wonderful wife and children and a busy carreer, I only use my peg for financial matters and little else these days...

Boy does time fly...

Matt
  • »01.05.07 - 23:39
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    RockmanX
    Are you telling me that they still replace CPUs??

However, I should have told you that that girl was not the right girl for me at all! :-x And I discovered it only after the burnt cpu! :-D
  • »02.05.07 - 01:10