Pegasos 3?!?!
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    poundsmack
    ok this doesn't make any sence so someone pleae clear this up....I will start with a story. Recently i bought a cell phone witch was a big mistake, i know what your all thinking, "technology oh no chris" i know i know......4 days after i got my ringing light toy a new better one came out and then another and another, now i want the cell phone that also makes french fries....anyways i am getting sytracked......the point is why is gensi releasing the Pegasos 3 right after the pegasos 2? is it simple the G5 chips will work with 2 and theG4 chips will work with 2? or will new technology be releases in 3 and it will be compatible with both chips......if thats so i will just wait to upgrade when 3 comes out.....AHHHHHH!!!!! anywas someone make my head stop hurting and tell me whats going on.
    "Poundsmack, official morphzone thread creator" -LorD
    "Wanna be lord of the avatars." -JKD
  • »20.07.03 - 19:55
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    Hello!

Having some questions about Pegasos II myself too, I don't think Pegasos III will be G3 / G4 combatible at all, just like Pegasos II won't be G5 combatible either.

You see G3 / G4 are on the same generation while G5 (PPC 970) is totally different technology. So IMO there will be: Pegasos II for G3 / G4 and Pegasos III for G5.

I am going for a Pegasos II with the coolest CPU available as soon as possible :-)
    Go Pegasos! :)
  • »20.07.03 - 20:07
    gunne
    I'm going for a G4-card to my Pegasos 1 :-)
    Best wishes, Gunne
  • »20.07.03 - 20:18
    Profile Visit Website
  • Targhan
    Hey, I consider them ALL good choices ;-)
    :idea:Targhan

MorphOS portal? www.MorphZone.org
  • »20.07.03 - 20:49
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    I don't think having Pegasos 2 and 3 in market simultaniously will be too much problem.. Pegasos 2 will be a lot cheaper and offer enough performance for most people need on desktop, embedded and sever use.

Quite frankly I have not yet seen need to have more than 600Mhz g3 on my pega, it's really fast with that alone. And Pegasos 2 ain't going to be slower than this existing Pegasos 1.

Pegasos 3 will cost more (than Pegasos 2) and will offer a lot more power than anyhing ever seen on this market. It's simply so much adwancement, we are not ready for it. :-P

Edit.. had to add some text.. original looked a bit.. Well. Pegasos Ain't THAT expensive :-D
    http://somequicknotes.blogspot.com/index.html
  • »20.07.03 - 22:53
    gunne
    #

Pegasos 3 will cost more and offer a lot more power than anyhing ever seen on this market. It's simply so much adwancement, we are not ready for it.

----

And then you haven't heard of Pegasos IV yet :-)
    Best wishes, Gunne
  • »20.07.03 - 22:57
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    ChatDEau
    Quote:

Having some questions about Pegasos II myself too, I don't think Pegasos III will be G3 / G4 combatible at all, just like Pegasos II won't be G5 combatible either.

You see G3 / G4 are on the same generation while G5 (PPC 970) is totally different technology. So IMO there will be: Pegasos II for G3 / G4 and Pegasos III for G5.

I am going for a Pegasos II with the coolest CPU available as soon as possible

I think this is just all exciting!

First I thought I'd swap my Pegasos I April 1 to get the April 2 fix, then I saw that everything was pretty much stable for my needs.

Then I heard about that G4 card and Pegasos II so I said to myself "Hey, why would I buy the G4 card if I can wait only few months for Pegasos II?".

Now I see this news about Pegasos III! Geez!

I just got a new job (more cash coming in!) so I think I'll keep my Pegasos I, buy a Pegasos II G4 and also Pegasos III when it gets out.

Maybe BBRV is a bit too enthousiastic! Wouldn't have been better to wait for the Pegasos II to announce Pegasos III? Doesn't it prevent Pegasos II to be sold to more people? I don't know about this ... is it a marketing strategy or something?

Just hope it works ;)
  • »21.07.03 - 00:58
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    iamaboringperson
    Quote:

gunne wrote:
    #

Pegasos 3 will cost more and offer a lot more power than anyhing ever seen on this market. It's simply so much adwancement, we are not ready for it.

----

And then you haven't heard of Pegasos IV yet :-)

says you...
    there are people willing to buy it and thats a good enough reason it should be sold
    WERE not ready for it? im certainly ready
    You Suck!!!
  • »21.07.03 - 01:48
    gunne
    #

there are people willing to buy it and thats a good enough reason it should be sold
    WERE not ready for it? im certainly ready

-----

I'm ready too :-)... which model are you going for ?
    Best wishes, Gunne
  • »21.07.03 - 10:15
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    realstar
    I suggest reading bbrv's comments here regarding
    the "Pegasos 3". Seems they will use the PegII
    board but modify it to be compatible specifically
    with the 970, so just choose whichever model suits
    your needs. The cpu alone doesn't really make a
    significant difference for most tasks anyway. But
    it's nice to see the choice being offered:

http://www.morphos-news.de/comments.php?lg=en&cpp=1&nid=388&page=28

I will probably be staying with my current model, or
    perhaps upgrade to G4 or Peg2/G4.
  • »21.07.03 - 11:32
    Profile Visit Website
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    logain
    I would like to go on with the Pegasos and G4 :-)
  • »21.07.03 - 17:27
    Senex
    Targhan: How about making a poll here so that BBRV could better judge how big the interest in G4-cards for the Peg-2 is, i.e. how many could safely be produced?

I'll definitively buy one in case there'll be enough (since of course I want Genesi to serve the developers and more free time having betatesters first).
  • »22.07.03 - 02:59
    Profile Visit Website