Posts: 1107 from 2003/6/11
Available at http://teleinfo.pb.edu.pl/reggae
Highlights: RLE8 compression support for BMP images, better support for
BMP images generated by broken savers, some bugfixes.
Detailed changelog:netpbm.demuxer 51.5
- Fixed stupid bug in the recognition routine, initial 'P' was not checked and any byte there was accepted.bmp.demuxer 51.6
- Added MMA_BlockAlign attribute (stream offset to pixmap data) used by bmp.decoder for workarounds for decoding buggy images.
- Added missing OM_GET and MMM_GetPort entries to the dispatcher.
- Implemented MMM_Seek().
- Added MMA_StreamPosBytes attribute.
- Recognition routine: if header filesize does not match filesystem filesize, does not set probability to 0. Allows lot of broken images to be accepted.bmp.decoder 51.4
- Added workaround for buggy savers setting structure size field in the header to 0. 40 bytes is assumed in this case.
- Fixed error reporting in Setup(), result of LoadData() is returned instead of TRUE.
- All memory allocations are now done with MediaAllocVec().
- Added workaround for images with shortened palette (only NumColors palette entries).
- Added workaround for palette images with NumColors set to 0.
- Added workaround for images having extra data after bitmap header or palette (forward seek to pixel data offset).
- Added RLE8 decoder for compressed 8-bit images.
[ Edited by Kronos on 2007/2/2 16:02 ]