Genesi and Elbox -Freescale etc..++
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MorphDelf
    I am sorry to post this, as it seems as it affected Genesi, IBM and Freescale.

I just want to say that this post should have been about Amiga companies like Elbox and Genesi not releasing products which they have announced or talked about!

[ Edited by MorphDelf on 2006/8/27 13:51 ]
  • »26.08.06 - 10:57
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    ironfist
    1: MorphOS =! Amiga
    2: Pegasos =! Amiga
    3: We =! Amiga

Oh, what do you call 200+ donated machines if not support? You say
    Bill is just into money. Well, I really hope he is. If they don't make any
    money, how do you expect them to deliver new hardware?

Stupid Norwegian..
  • »26.08.06 - 11:17
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Jupp3
    Quote:

Because they both are part of Freescale it seems.

And what makes Elbox (seemingly) "part of" Freescale?

The fact, they have (long ago) announced a product, that is said to have Freescale processor in it? But let's not go into speculation about why it seems unlikely that such product would ever hit the market. That has been discussed many times already.

In the end SharkPPC seemed to be just a way to sell more Mediator boards. But I think it was "based on" existing Macintosh accelerator board (the same way SpiderUSB is based on standard USB board) but I wonder if those boards have been manufactured in few years... Considering that there has been absolutely no need for such boards in ANY new mac released in the few last years.
  • »26.08.06 - 12:43
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    amiades
    Quote:

3: We =! Amiga

3: You =! Amiga
    3.1: Me = Amiga :)
  • »26.08.06 - 13:10
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MorphDelf
    From Elbox website:

Update (01 August 2006): On 27 July 2006 we had presentation of DRAGON 1200 for a Freescale Inc. representative who visited Elbox Computer. The DRAGON 1200-based system on presentation was fitted with the Radeon 9200 AGP graphic card, the Fast Ethernet network card, the Hi-Speed USB and TV tuner cards, all working under AmigaOS 3.9.

http://www.elbox.com/news_04_12_17.html
  • »26.08.06 - 14:15
    Profile Visit Website
    Kronos
    Yes, and ?

Having a FS repesentiv (let me guess ,the janitor) visiting doesn't make them a part of FS......
  • »26.08.06 - 14:23
  • MorphOS Developer
    itix
    Please stop this scheisse.

[ Edited by itix on 2006/8/26 16:34 ]
    1 + 1 = 3 with very large values of 1
  • »26.08.06 - 15:34
    Kronos
    Quote:

itix wrote:
    Please stop this scheisse.

[ Edited by itix on 2006/8/26 16:34 ]

That would be "Scheisse" with a capital "S" . 8-)
  • »26.08.06 - 15:45
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Donar
    As it seems there was a time where little money was left for a start up like Genesi, please remember that "Thendic France" (As mother company of Genesi?) got bust. I think we can be glad that Genesi survived and we still can get hold of new Pegasos II boards. As for the Dual G4 cards they already stated that they don't have a mass market for it.

Oh, the Pegasos III i remember. The release date was so near i really wanted to hold off my purchase of a PegasosII. :-) It seems that the PegasosIII is now renamed to OSW... and i'm really curios if it comes out this year. The guys from bplan have proved with the PegasosII that they are able to create such a thing.

If Genesi create's things they can't make (enough) money with to survive they will go the way of Commodore, Phase5 and other great companys.

itix, please dont use german on international forums. If Tokai sees this he will surely take you to his torture chamber. :-)

Sorry couldn't resist...

[ Edited by Donar on 2006/8/26 18:11 ]
  • »26.08.06 - 17:46
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    SoundSquare
    please let's keep this forum the way it was, cool and quality discussions. Please don't turn it to AW.net with such ridiculous statements.
  • »26.08.06 - 17:53
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    pixie
    Quote:

SoundSquare wrote:
    please let's keep this forum the way it was, cool and quality discussions. Please don't turn it to AW.net with such ridiculous statements.

Are we promoting discrimination? :-P
    pixie - writing from a paradise called Portugal
  • »26.08.06 - 20:07
  • Just looking around
    Mr_Sheen
    Genesi are no angels but at least they have given the Amiga community a working product, what has Amiga companies done? zilch unless scamming people and selling faulty boards is some kind of archivement.

Quote:

Are we promoting discrimination?

That site should not be mentioned, but as it has done, i think it is great that the cancer in the Amiga community have a home. The name is misleading though. Something like protect-amiga-companies-world is more appropriate, as that is the only Amiga site i have ever seen, where frrom the very start they have condoned and covered up wrong doings by Amiga companies "scammers".
  • »26.08.06 - 20:43
  • Leo
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Leo
    Who cares about the Amiga ?

Can't we.. move on ?

Leo.
    Nothing hurts a project more than developers not taking the time to let their community know what is going on.
  • »27.08.06 - 01:16
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    pixie
    Quote:

Leo wrote:
    Who cares about the Amiga ?

Can't we.. move on ?

Leo.

Damn teenagers! :-P
  • »27.08.06 - 11:18
  • Just looking around
    mikeri
    MorphDelf,

do you remember our discussion on polarBoing (.com, for other readers; a Norwegian site about alternative computing) regarding stupid statements from you making the whole community look idiotic? You're doing the same thing now. Please, for the love whatever you find holy (Amiga?), stop it.
  • »27.08.06 - 11:23
    Profile Visit Website
  • Frz
  • Just looking around
    Frz
    The problem is, he just doesn't listen. Targhan needs to set up a better forum filter to prevent these posts 8)
  • »27.08.06 - 12:18
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MorphDelf
    I am sorry if I started something bad here. But I just want better service from Amiga related companies. Telling about the products when they actually are made, not giving lots of hopes, then silence etc.
  • »27.08.06 - 12:59
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    pixie
    @MorphDelf:
    Quote:

I am sorry if I started something bad here. But I just want better service from Amiga related companies. Telling about the products when they actually are made, not giving lots of hopes, then silence etc.

Then I urge you to start a business first, showing others how it can be properly done... just for the sake of it. :roll:

Genesi has been delivering, not as much as you might wanted, dunno that, but then again probably the market isn't set yet for the products Genesi are envisioning.

Should they release them in their current state just for the sake of it, jeopardizing any real opportunity in the future?
  • »27.08.06 - 14:24
  • Just looking around
    Mr_Sheen
    Quote:

Telling about the products when they actually are made, not giving lots of hopes, then silence etc.

Yes but Amiga companies know d amn well that all they have to do is dangle a carrot and the Amiga users come running like lambs to the slaughter. I for one blame Amiga users for all this mess because instead of just saying NO and objecting to stupid products, they bent over and took it good and proper in the ass.

Genesi on the other hand have given people a proper working product (note. a proper piece of working hardware, not a faulty warrantless overpriced piece of crap) and for that alone they deserve some credit, not saying we should lick their arseholes like Hyperion fans, but give them credit for providing better support than all the worthless Amiga companies put together

@bbrv

You can talk the talk but will you walk the walk?

Mr Sheen - Cleaning the world!
  • »27.08.06 - 16:10
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MorphDelf
    Genesi have done lots, same with Elbox. Thats not what this is all about. Its the fact that things have been said, people starts to believe in it .. but nothing more comes out.. just some news.. teasing news.. so that the "other" products sells more.. like Mediator (Elbox) or PegasosII (Genesi).

I just wish that there was more truth in companies which is related to Amiga/MorphOS. Nothing more,...
  • »27.08.06 - 16:20
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    ironfist
    MorphDelf:
    Exactly how would the tease news about the OSW sell more Pegasos?!
    How many PowerPC PowerMac's were sold last year?.. Why did it
    take 14 months to complete the x86 transition? Because they sold
    too slow and had too many PowerMac's/970's on order..
  • »27.08.06 - 16:39
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Genesi
    Michal thinks we are ignoring him, but developing computing platforms is hard work! Here is our <span style="font-size:100%;">update</span>...

Doughboy

We spent a lot of time bringing all the ingredients of success together. It was not easy work!

Success always comes when preparation meets opportunity

Sometimes even when you think you are ready, you need to wait.

Bread Winner

That is a bread winner! smiley

Well Done!

May it also be said well done!

Back to work!

R&BHappy Face!
  • »27.08.06 - 16:50
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    AKiLL
    Hi Guys!
    Go on with your hard work. Here is a very hungry user waiting for it :-)
  • »27.08.06 - 17:03
    gunne
    Genesi,

Where did you learn to bake like that ? Looks good :-)
    Best wishes, Gunne
  • »27.08.06 - 17:59
    Profile Visit Website