Interview of Elena Novaretti
    hooligan
    Here you can find a very detailed and interesting interview of Elena Novaretti by Magnus Johnson. Mathmaniacs and techheads will be very delighted. :-)

Direct link to the PDF (1.4mb)

Enjoy
    www.mikseri.net/hooligan <- Free music
  • »25.07.06 - 04:43
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    koan
    A girl interested in autostereoscopic displays...
    what more can you ask for ?

koan
  • »25.07.06 - 12:51
  • News Moderator
    News Moderator
    Darth_X
    Quote:

And what about the OS4 native version of ZoneXplorer?

Not only is it planned since a long time, but ZoneXplorer will perhaps see its future on Amiga OS4 only. It’s a time of uncertainty in the Amiga world, and I’m not very convinced of its future, but for many reasons I think I will switch to Amiga OS4 as soon as there will be modern and powerful hardware to run it.

MorphOS is moving into directions I simply don’t like.
    Genesi doesn’t support the MorphOS team any more, so... the end of dreams.
    When you have eliminated all which is impossible,
    then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth!!! - Sherlock Holmes
  • »25.07.06 - 17:59
  • MorphOS Developer
    CISC
    Quote:

MorphOS is moving into directions I simply don't like.

Well, if OS4 is moving in directions she does like, why not switch?

- CISC
  • »25.07.06 - 18:47
  • News Moderator
    News Moderator
    Darth_X
    Quote:

CISC wrote:
    Quote:

MorphOS is moving into directions I simply don't like.

Well, if OS4 is moving in directions she does like, why not switch?

- CISC

Its really a case of the MorphOS-Team not marketing themselves or their product & services correctly.

If they only allow negative comments to float around, then people on the outside will only see this. Or the effect on MorphOS that marketing from the AmigaZeux bat cave has.

Perhaps the MorphOS Team would like regular computer USERS like myself (instead of say a corporation or developer with a large bank account in need of services only a morphos-team can provide) to just disappear and go find another platform to use?

Indeed, exactly WHAT the MorphOS Team wants is really unknown at this time!
    then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth!!! - Sherlock Holmes
  • »25.07.06 - 19:29
  • News Moderator
    News Moderator
    Darth_X
    I have to say this diplomatically, supporting OS4 at this point in time is like selling advance tickets and luxury suites on the titanic to take a voyage around the world, once they raise it from the depths of the ocean and restore it to full service. :-D
  • »25.07.06 - 19:35
  • MorphOS Developer
    itix
    Quote:

If they only allow negative comments to float around, then people on the outside will only see this. Or the effect on MorphOS that marketing from the AmigaZeux bat cave has.

What is wrong with the AmigaZeux bat cate?
    1 + 1 = 3 with very large values of 1
  • »25.07.06 - 19:56
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Gelb
    Quotes in true IBrowse style

Evil DarthX wrote:
    >>If they only allow negative comments to float around, then people on the outside will only see this. Or the effect on MorphOS that marketing from the AmigaZeux bat cave has.

Our very own iti wrote:
    >What is wrong with the AmigaZeux bat cate?

Best E Coder on the planet writes:
    Maybe we are not taking this whole business serious enough anymore but instead squeeze the only fun out of the amiga community remains that is still left for us. For example annoying ppl like DarthX with unbelievably well worded, incredible honest, all around ridiculous press releases.

Seriously, releasing stuff for more or less 500 ppl, only getting 50 downloads and maybe 1 comment in some news thread is not priceless but unsatisfying. Having the right press release makes it at least worth a bit.

ALTERNATIVE VERSION 1.3
    DarthX wrote:
    >>If they only allow negative comments to float around, then people on the outside will only see this. Or the effect on MorphOS that marketing from the AmigaZeux bat cave has.

Itix wrote:
    >What is wrong with the AmigaZeux bat cate?

Everything.

We are releasing too much software and too few screenshots. This is very bad PR because nobody can use MorphOS software on windows but everybody can watch screenshots on windows (and drool).
  • »25.07.06 - 20:10
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    itix
    We should praise each others. Well said Gelb, the Amiga tech mage!
    1 + 1 = 3 with very large values of 1
  • »25.07.06 - 20:25
    hooligan
    >Seriously, releasing stuff for more or less 500 ppl, only getting 50 downloads and maybe 1 comment in some news thread is not priceless but unsatisfying.

Whats the point in commenting if no-one bothers to answer. A good example is http://www.ann.lu/comments2.cgi?view=1153607858&category=files&start=1&4

I am asking for second time now, as after the earlier version I didnt get an answer (either).
  • »25.07.06 - 20:29
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Gelb
    Hooligan wrote:
    >I am asking for second time now, as after the earlier version I didnt get an answer (either).

Sorry, I'm not registered at ANN. So, no way to answer your question there. And anyway, such threads are only good for praise like "Jesus! You rock!!! where can I donate my money???" That's really not expecting too much!

Besides, excerpt from the guide:
    "Have you discovered a bug in any AmigaZeux product, or want a new feature? Try the AmigaZeux bugtracker: http://bugs.amigazeux.net/.

You can also directly visit us by pointing your IRC client at irc.amigazeux.de (or another server found at http://amigazeux.org/azircserverlist and joining #AmigaZeux."
  • »25.07.06 - 20:34
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    KennyR
    Quote:

Whats the point in commenting if no-one bothers to answer. A good example is http://www.ann.lu/comments2.cgi?view=1153607858&category=files&start=1&4

I am asking for second time now, as after the earlier version I didnt get an answer (either).

If nobody can get registered on ANN, I guess this is the reason. I know our AmigaZeux guerilla marketing batcave is capable of just hacking the site any way we want, but we just don't want to. We're much too busy smuggling weapons into Lebanon for Bill Buck.
  • »25.07.06 - 20:37
    hooligan
    @KennyR

Oh.. I heard the full brigade of blue trolls were already registered at ann ;-)
  • »25.07.06 - 20:45
    Profile Visit Website
    hooligan
    Quote:

Besides, excerpt from the guide:
    "Have you discovered a bug in any AmigaZeux product, or want a new feature? Try the AmigaZeux bugtracker: http://bugs.amigazeux.net/.

You can also directly visit us by pointing your IRC client at irc.amigazeux.de (or another server found at http://amigazeux.org/azircserverlist and joining #AmigaZeux."

Lost me.. want comments in news threads but prefer irc and bugtracker? :-)

But I admit, ANN.lu isnt maybe the best place to ask questions due to mandatory registration.
  • »25.07.06 - 20:48
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Gelb
    Hooligan wrote:

>Lost me.. want comments in news threads but prefer irc and bugtracker?

You forgot to entirely read the reply. Here is the essential part again, so that the paragraph about "features and whatnot" makes sense again.

"anyway, such threads are only good for praise like "Jesus! You rock!!! where can I donate my money???" That's really not expecting too much!"
  • »25.07.06 - 20:52
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Stevo
    Dear fellow MorphOS users,

Today is 21 July 2006. I am ok. #AmigaZeux are feeding me well, and are in no way forcing me to make this post. I am asking you to stop the unholy war against the only real AmigaOS and the able and heroic programmers writing and releasing software for it. I am told that if not, certain sacrifices have to be made. I am confident that this message will be taken seriously and that no harm will come over me. I support #AmigaZeux in their holy cause and implore you to do the same.
    ---
    http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/logs/its_only_football.txt
  • »25.07.06 - 21:31
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    DoctorMorbius_FP
    Well, let me redirect the discussion towards Elena, and let me remark that she does not like MUI and never wanted to change ZoneXplorer GUI from Reaction to MUI.

Furthermore Elena is young. And patience is not a typical virtue of all young persons. The current situation of the platform requires patience. We know it is quenched by difficult interactions among many parts. And starting another moaning session is useless.

Besides principles and incomprehensions there is a very simple problem: "lack of resources" = "insufficient money". I see only one way in which our platform might obtain money: Genesi should sell plenty of EFIKAs or OSWs. If this will happen, we must only expect that money lubricate frictions.

Just to mitigate further polemics, let me do a scientific digression about some sentences by Elena. So, after this intervention, most people will be so bored that none will have the wish to discuss further.

During the interview, Elena mentions her attempt to construct an extended complex field in three dimensions. Unfortunately that attempt was condemned to fail because of higher level rules!

\BEGIN Lesson mode

Various kinds of numbers were constructed starting from the simplest set of numbers: positive integers. These attempts originated, in a sequence of increasing complexity: relative numbers, rational numbers, real numbers, complex numbers. The guideline was always the attempt to perform certain operations on numbers of the current set, and the fact that, to obtain always a result, an extension was necessary.

But, technically speaking, the field of complex numbers is algebraically closed, so further extensions are not fields, and this implies strong limitations and exotic properties. People invented quaternions (Hamilton, 1843), octonions (Cayley, 1845), sedenions, and similar beasts. All of them live in 4, 8, 16 dimensions; and all of them loose some properties of usual numbers.

Quaternions are not commutative: ab is not always equal to ba.
    Octonions are also not associative: (ab)c is not always equal to a(bc).
    Sedenions have also zero divisors: ab=0 is possible even if both a and b are different from zero.

Gulp! All readers sleeping!

\END Lesson mode.

[ Edited by DoctorMorbius_FP on 2006/7/25 23:19 ]