usb Scanner epson for morphos and pegasos II
  • Just looking around
    Hello,

I made some research for buying a new usb scanner. I know that the 1660 works fine with morphos but i would like to buy a new generation of scanner.
    Do you have any idea that pretend to work ?
    I'm thinking about buying an epson 3490 perfection usb.
    Thanks in advance for your responses.
    Pegasos II G4 @ 1 ghz Radeon 7000
  • »26.04.06 - 08:00
  • Just looking around
    I have now the usb epson 3490 perfection. I will post when i have installed it, i will tell if it's work.
  • »26.04.06 - 10:45
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Jupp3
    That was a quick decision :-)

Please, tell us about the results.
  • »26.04.06 - 10:51
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    I have some difficulties for scanner works.
    I've tried on MOL and it's working with bug so it's not hardware.
    It's maybe the parameter in poseidon.
  • »26.04.06 - 16:13
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    r-tea
    Which software do you use? fxScan? Somewhere on IOSpirit website there should be a description how to set Poseidon parameters to make usb scanners working with fxScan under MorphOS.

[ Edited by r-tea on 2006/4/26 21:07 ]
    Mac mini G4@1,5GHz silent upgrade + Xerox Phaser 3140 + EPSON Perfection 1240U
    Commodore C64C + 2 x 1541II + Datasette + SD-Box

I miss draggable screens... and do you? I know I'm in a minority unfortunately.
  • »26.04.06 - 21:05
  • Just looking around
    I've applied all the parameters describe in the faq.
    I think it's the driver epsonusb.device is not up to date for the scanner 3490. In conclusion, it would be correct to compile a new driver betascan with a recent "sane" support. I'm a software developper but i never wrote a driver.
    Fortunately, there is a documentation and source for iousb source to recompile a betascan driver. If someone is capable to compile a new driver epsonusb i will safe.
    For now, i'm studying the possibility to recompile myself a new driver. In the sane's documentation, the support for my scanner is a snapscan driver (for agfa and a small number of other scanner). It's strange isn't it ?
    it appears that in iousb documentation, the drivers was compiled with SAS/C 6.58. I have'nt SAS/C but GCC and cubic. Do you know if i can use this for compilation ?
    Thanks in advance for you're responses.
  • »27.04.06 - 07:27
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    beanbandit
    the version of epson.device (epsonusb.device) you are using does not and never will be able to support the 3490, 3590, 4490 or 4590 they are somwhat supported in linux, but this requires stuff that is currently not available for PPC-linux (it's a precompiled file that epson supplies). the current version of sane has limited support for the above scanners (meaning you might be able to scan, but maybe not and perhaps only at certain resolutions) the latest version of the epson.device (which I ported -together with the majority of the sane scanner drivers-) would have some support for the above scanner... but the usb stuff is untested since I don't have a usb scanner.
  • »27.04.06 - 07:55