listed and put in it, as well as other things. I didnt get any solid
    commitment. I want to open it up again. The original site was deleted
    and removed from the server. My friend that wrote it cant do it any
    longer. So who can help with the above? Do any of you know the people
    making the Aros one? Maybe they can help? We need a new site, and it
    can be simple like the Aros one, and we need one or more to help
    manage the the money accounts.

-Paul
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCI-X (Registration #1894)
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCIE (Registration #6130)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »08.02.05 - 23:53
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    volm
    I would be willing to help with the scripts. PHP, wasn't it?
  • »10.02.05 - 10:28
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    @ Acill

OK, now I understand the problems better. I wish I could offer some
    help here, but I am afraid I cannot at present time. :-/
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »10.02.05 - 22:49
  • Targhan
    Well, my vision of Morph-Bounties is tainted now.

I consider the entire community as burned, since whatever was completed has been taken away. I felt it important for the community to have such a service, but as webmaster for MorphZone (among other MorphOS related things)--there was little time left. Thus, I handed the whole thing over to Acill's friend. Sometime during all of this, we lost the original MZ server due to hackers, so whether Acill's friend deleted all code or it was lost due to the attack (and subsequent panic) --there was one greatly frustraded webmaster around these parts. (since the server is gone, I cannot confirm what happened to the code; save that I know it wasn't me)

Now, however, the situation is a little more difficult. First, I cannot, and will not, hand out any shell accounts. I can do the code, or I can accept code. I could even lend the url "bounties.morph.zone" to someone else, though I would be reluctant to do so.

I am not sure where I want to go from here on the matter, so I suppose it's up to the community. Do you still *want* a "bounties" site?

Bounties site: for those who don't know its a donation based "wanted poster" for applications, tools, utilities, etc.
    :idea:Targhan

MorphOS portal? www.MorphZone.org
  • »05.05.05 - 03:12
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    poundsmack
    i think having one is essential. though the whole ordeal with the last one seems horifying. I am in the process of finding a host for www.poundsmack.com (currently nothing there) once i do so i wouldnt mind having a section of my site dedicated to it (as long as i can stay withing my bandwidth limits). i dont know if that will help any but ya...
    "Poundsmack, official morphzone thread creator" -LorD
    "Wanna be lord of the avatars." -JKD
  • »05.05.05 - 03:22
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    code was not lost, but he needed help and didnt get any. He gave up asking and doesnt have the time for it now.
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »05.05.05 - 06:26
    Profile Visit Website
  • Targhan
    I can't imagine what help he would have been asking for, at least not from me -- with the exception of access to the user database.

Note, that this was the only thing I remember him asking me for *directly* that never came to be. He could have asked for more general help through the forums and not gotten the input he needed. The point is almost moot at this point now; because, even if it had worked, there is no garuntee that I could have gotten permission to have a secondary account for someone on the new server.

In other words, if we're going to have a bounties site--it will probably have to be re-thought-out about what features to have and how to impliment them.
    :idea:Targhan

MorphOS portal? www.MorphZone.org
  • »05.05.05 - 08:43
    Profile Visit Website
    Senex
    Quote:

I am not sure where I want to go from here on the matter, so I suppose it's up to the community. Do you still *want* a "bounties" site?

As long as the wanted projects are not too MorphOS-specific - why not simply use the AROS bounties for a start? I.e. make it an AROS bounty and quickly compile it for MorphOS afterwards.

This way we could see how much acceptance the MorphOS bounty idea is getting at all - and if it would turn out there's really a bigger demand, we could still establish a bounty site of our own.

By supporting also AROS by this (and therefore having the sources open, too) would certainly not be bad either - especially since MorphOS did benefit from AROS as well.

Over there at AROS-Exec I've already asked if a bounty for GTK+ 2.x would be reasonable (unfortunately there's not much feedback yet to help me decide if it's nonsense to initiate such a bounty or not). If I'd spend some money on such a bounty I'm of course hoping that the resulting AROS port would also find its way to MorphOS once the original source has been amiganized by the AROS devs.

So maybe for a start we could simply discuss there if such a GTK port would be realistic and, if so, donate money for such an AROS GTK bounty that I'd initiate with money from my Portable Pegasos sale.

What do you think?
  • »05.05.05 - 10:10
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    Krashan
    Senex wrote:

Quote:

why not simply use the AROS bounties for a start? I.e. make it an AROS bounty and quickly compile it for MorphOS afterwards.

Two problems with that:

1. It forces you to make the project open sourced.
    2. It requires that the project compiles for both AROS and MorphOS. It may be difficult, because AROS does not run on Pegasos.
  • »05.05.05 - 10:56
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Bladerunner
    Hi Senex
    While I think it is a good Idea to join forces in general (Especialy true with AROS, as this allready was done several times), I am afraid this won`t work for the Bounty System, simply because at least currently almost all bounty entries are too AROS Specific.
    From the current open bounties, only the Catweazle MKIV and the integrated UAE does somewhat make sense, all other entries either exists allready for MOS (like Aweb or USB Stack) or a simply only of use for AROS (like Port to X86-64)

Also the GTK Thingy...Well I am not so sure about that.. Sure, it might get some of the big apps easier ported, Otoh I really prefer well integrated Solutions like MUI.
    SDL for example. Well Itix is really doing a great Job also in Amig...er Morphosifying the SDL Port, Otoh I absolutley dislike the way how Gui Elements have to be selfmade in a non (Morph)OS style (Pixel32)
  • »05.05.05 - 11:14
    Senex
    Quote:

From the current open bounties

I meant of course opening *new* bounties there for a start - to see if there's at all enough interest in MorphOS bounties. And if there'd be, we could still set up our own bounty system.

I.e. my point has been using their infrastructure for now - instead of implementing an own one by investing much work and time which might end up being already dead on arrival then.

The point of forced open-source software is justified, of course - it's up to the individual taste, obviously. Personally I'm considering it rather a positive thing - especially after the almost-death of MorphOS we've experienced not long ago - , but I do know of course that there are several developers who don't like that idea.

Regarding the point that already the AROS bounty would require the software to also run under MorphOS, for now I was rather thinking about pure AROS bounties as usual - and simply hoping that once the software would be there (for AROS), someone of our usual suspects of porters would take on the task to make a MorphOS version themselves, independent from the person who did the AROS one.

Besides this, there has been some progress lately regarding AROS/PPC (Wanderer booting hosted on Linux, OS X hosted version nearing completion) - so if some Pegasos owner really wanted to develop for AROS, there should be possibilities quite soon.

Well, after all this has just been a suggestion for showing up a possible intermediate solution for a try - instead of risking that again nothing gets achieved regarding a MorphOS bounty system at all. But if indeed enough people with sufficient time, skills and possibilities can be gathered to set up an own MorphOS bounty system - even better!
  • »05.05.05 - 12:19
    Profile Visit Website
    gunne
    Hi

Ok, posting this here !

If there is a way that we as an reseller could contribute in this we perhaps could do.

I think however it should also be focused on MorphOS. And also with people in or with connections to the MorphOS development team (and with connection to Aros also perhaps).

The MorphOS development team have showed (with the two latest updates taking into account) they could go through the problem that came up during 2004, and are back on track.

Its time to move on from this point I think.
    Best wishes, Gunne
  • »05.05.05 - 13:33
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Just one thing. The last bounty attempt was overworked and became too complicated.

Keep it simple as the one put in place by team AROS.
    I am sure some people will put their money were their mouth is if they want a feature.

For the source code . I think it will be a requirement that at least the coder provide his source code (with no obligation to be open source if the coder does not want to). The question will be who will keep the code for further update ? Maybe it should be contributed to the MorphOS team ?

[ Edited by cdfr on 2005/5/5 17:11 ]
  • »05.05.05 - 23:02
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    He needed help geting paypal accounts and such seup, he didnt want to run those and though he had talk of help on it, not a single person came through and did it. One thing led to another and he lost interest and decided it was not worth his time. Keep in mind he didnt have a Pegasos and knows next to nothing of Amiga. I got him UAE setup and he was using that to code pages that looked good on MOS browsers.
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
  • »06.05.05 - 00:49
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    aliem
    I could help with some code for iB and AWeb and some making some graphics.
  • »07.05.05 - 05:06