Does PegXMac + Neverwinter Nights work?
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Currently the only game I really play (and need a PC for) is Neverwinter Nights (by bioware, the mac version was ported by another company). The Linux version of the game sadly is binary only for x86. But there is also a Mac version which is compiled to work on PPC. I don't have a Mac and no Peg either yet (waiting till MOS1.5 comes out to see what graphic cards it supports in 3D and waiting for the newer low power G4's), but if this game works on the PegXMac and supports internet play it means I can finally throw away my PC's internals and cannibalise the rest for a Peg2 (hopefully modded to work inside my A3000 case) ;)

Has anyone tested this game? If so, what works and what does not? What graphics card did you use (Radeon) and what speed did you get? Does net play work? Thanks for any info on this.
  • »03.06.04 - 16:29
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    magnetic
    Hmmm
    Neverwinter Nights may run but probably slowly due to heavy 3d usage afaik... I run Baldur's Gate very nicely on my Peg... Make sure you are using 2.6 kernel either way and a sound card helps greatly..

magnetic
    Pegasos 2 Rev 2B3 w/ Freescale 7447 "G4" @ 1ghz / 1gb Nanya Ram
    Quad Boot: MorphOS 2.7 | Amiga OS4.1 U4 | Ubuntu PPC GNU/Linux | OS X 10.4
  • »03.06.04 - 16:35
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Paochi
    NWN requires OpenGl support that MacOnLinux doesn't have.
    Actually, it's support is planned in MacnLinux future ... but the time is absolutely unknow.
    "I hope that all my toys are, first of all, funny!" (Jay Miner)
  • »03.06.04 - 20:11
    Profile Visit Website