attention: useful software at http://developer.ahiv.hu
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    pixie
    While seaking on Google for MorphOS 1.5 I stumbled at this page:
    MorphOS Uptime

Cool I thought, while it wasn't the first time I saw such kind of page, it's always nice to see how few resources an Amiga like system take.

Just but for the sake of curiosity I went to the root of the site, and at here to test my FileManager engine link I discover a gem I haven's seen for long time: an Amiga Warez site... and it seems that's also for actual software...

So anyone with the powers to do it should take it down ASAP...

Edit: while I'm at it, this site is requires a login, it's not like I'm incentivating to warez or anything...
    pixie - writing from a paradise called Portugal
  • »28.02.04 - 21:26
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    tokai
    sorry, I couldn't find any warez (aka illegal copies) in the protected section. But warez (aka useful, legal and _free_ developer stuff) I found a lot.

just because it's called warez it does not mean "illegal". :-)

Maybe I'm wrong.. but i didn't found somethin illegal on Louises server... but maybe he should change "warez" to "stuff" or so. Also others where offended by this in the past.

regards,
    tokai
  • »28.02.04 - 22:43
    Profile Visit Website
  • -D-
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    -D-
    Sometimes people use "warez" as simply a general term for
    "files"...so I wouldn't worry about it too much. :)
  • »28.02.04 - 22:46
  • MorphOS Developer
    itix
    Quote:

Just but for the sake of curiosity I went to the root of the site, and at here to test my FileManager engine link I discover a gem I haven's seen for long time: an Amiga Warez site... and it seems that's also for actual software...

It is not what you think. Directory contains mainly development stuff for not public consumption - source code and precompiled binaries.
    1 + 1 = 3 with very large values of 1
  • »29.02.04 - 03:58
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    tarbos
    >So anyone with the powers to do it should take it down ASAP...

I think it stands only for "where is", you must excuse Louise for the incorrect spelling, but not everyone is a native English speaker. ;)
  • »29.02.04 - 08:15
    hooligan
    Also I have a partition called "wares" here.. from aminet-stuff to mos-crap. Sue me :)
    www.mikseri.net/hooligan <- Free music
  • »29.02.04 - 08:30
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    LouiSe
    Pixie!

Just get your Amiga HDD for WAREZ please!

My site is a 24h static/testing environment for
    PORTED internet software, just like httpd, ftpd, sshd
    etc.

AND this site opened for changing development sources
    for MorphOS DEVELOPERS, not lamers like you...

Please stop this!

LouiSe
  • »29.02.04 - 08:37
    Profile Visit Website
  • Targhan
    Definition of "warez" by NetLingo:
    Quote:

(pronounced: wheres)

Widely used in cracker subcultures to denote cracked versions of commercial software; that is, versions in which the copyright-protection has been stripped out. Hackers recognize this term but don't use it themselves. It is also considered by some to be a catchall term for software which includes firmware, freeware, groupware, shareware, shovelware, vaporware, wankware, and wetware.

NetLingo Classification: Hacker Jargon

8-) That's why the link to netlingo is on the leftside of MZ! Pixie, don't worry, you'll get used to people using terms a bit loosly around MOS ;-)

[edit: netlingo has links to some of the other terms in there definition.. by discovering the term 'wankware' on their site, I've decided that I've been at the computer too long. Time for sleep.]
    :idea:Targhan

MorphOS portal? www.MorphZone.org
  • »29.02.04 - 09:07
    Profile Visit Website
    hooligan
    Wankware? 8-)
    www.mikseri.net/hooligan <- Free music
  • »29.02.04 - 09:18
    Profile Visit Website
  • -D-
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    -D-
    LOL :-)
  • »29.02.04 - 09:36
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    pixie
    Sorry but if one dresses as a punk he might as well be taken as one despite not being such...

I just said: 'hey, this just smells like smoke, can please someone with better knowledge then me go and investigate if there's fire', at least I think everyone here condemn piracy.

Quote:

Please stop this!

What is all this? I have no crusade or such against you, it was my mistake of which I assume, I might well add you that I'm very happy that I have been mistaken.

Quote:

AND this site opened for changing development sources for MorphOS DEVELOPERS, not lamers like you...

First, AFAIK this site is open to public, it was only due to my past Amiga background that I went there, MorphOS share roots with AmigaOS so I was interested in see some more about it, how is it evolving. It was due my lack of knowledge who wronlgy made such assumption *based on what I saw*, obviously if was wrong someone could well pointed me out just as itix well made.

I just hope that you wont be starting calling lamers at everyone who isn't a MorphOS developer, it's just that with such a warm welcome you could frighten them away...
  • »29.02.04 - 14:21
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    brotheris
    @pixie

At start:
    Quote:

So anyone with the powers to do it should take it down ASAP

Now:
    Quote:

I just said: 'hey, this just smells like smoke, can please someone with better knowledge then me go and investigate if there's fire'

I see some difference here. Don't argue yourself into some trouble, apologise for shouting 'fire' and be done with it. It is not hard. :-)
    Home sweet home is Pegasos User Group Lithuania
  • »29.02.04 - 15:05
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    pixie
    I see anyone with the powers to do it as a: look at this and investigate if need further actions...
  • »29.02.04 - 19:01