yet another poundsmack story
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    poundsmack
    a few of you may remember a while ago i told u the story of how i went into the mac store and put the pegasosppc web site on all the computers?......well i went into circut city figureing i could get morphos some more free advertising......well i put the web page on a few computers and before long......(dramatic pause).....i was kicked out of the store......lol

:edit: i think the x86 people are scared lol
    "Poundsmack, official morphzone thread creator" -LorD
    "Wanna be lord of the avatars." -JKD
  • »25.01.04 - 05:03
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    nels664868
    Defenitly Sounds like Pegasos Discrimanation to me!
    Ask Dr. Stupid,
    Dear Dr. Stupid,
    Why do we have to go to school?
    That's a very good question. It's becuse your parents are
    ALIENS!!! When your at school they shed there human skins and
    breathe drier lint! hahahaha!
  • »25.01.04 - 05:33
  • News Moderator
    News Moderator
    Darth_X
    If you touch the computers in any PC store I find that a sales rep rushes up to you and either gets upset or asks if you would like assistance. If you aren't there to buy, then they might ask you to leave.

The part I do not understand is how they get upset.. is any product so fragile that a person typing on the keys of a keyboard will break the machine? (That and no sales demonstration boot CDs from the PC manufacturer)

If you ask me, the PC companies should have demonstration PCs placed in the store and have the sales rep ASK YOU to come try the system out. (Unfortunately they would have to pay to do this in the chain stores)

If you go to a car dealer, they ask if you want to test drive a car. Even if you tell them you aren't interested in buying, just looking... they ask "Do you have 15 minutes to take a test drive?"

So you have 15 minutes to spare, take a test drive.. then you want to buy the car!

But you say to the salesperson "I can't afford this right now"

The sales person then shows you that they also sell off lease and used cars for half the price of the new car.

We can follow this kind of sales model with the Pegasos. We already see this kind of marketing with Pegasos2 trade-ups. Let's keep this going! :-D
    When you have eliminated all which is impossible,
    then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth!!! - Sherlock Holmes
  • »16.02.04 - 18:55
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    I've done some veeeerrrry bad things to pc's at computer stores/car shows etc. I have changed my ways somewhat though. muhahaha
  • »16.02.04 - 21:15
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    poundsmack
    i get the IP nubers and play with them hehe
    "Poundsmack, official morphzone thread creator" -LorD
    "Wanna be lord of the avatars." -JKD
  • »16.02.04 - 22:06
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Jupp3
    When I was looking for more memory for my Pegasos, I just took it to PC store ("minimum configuration", bare motherboard, HD and PSU :-), borrowed monitor, keyboard and mouse from "demo machine") and tested memory modules one by one
  • »17.02.04 - 08:47
    Profile Visit Website