Chrysalis Pack
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Brumiga
    @Papiosaur,

Here is my feedback after testing as requested.

The installation goes well until the end but the exit window remains empty. I looked at the installation script of this beta version with that of version 3.17 and I found a small difference which explains the blank, run "wbrun lha >con: x -q". The -q is for 'quiet' do I suppose, it is not present on the previous version script.

You still left the line with a loop in the user-startup to check if rexxsyslib.library has been renamed while the installation script carries out this renaming towards the end. Please remove this duplicate.

You chose to install amissl but it is not used. After searching through Ambient I found 'amissl:' in 3 programs, rnoradio, rnowidgets and rnoxfer. Did the author, JPV, leave traces of amissl in the rnoradio code for morphos as well as in the rnowidgets code on amigaos 4.1, the same for rnoxfer on amigaos 4.1 and amigaos 3.x? The author should be asked to check whether traces of amissl are actually present in these 3 programs or not.

Here are some ideas to explore before a final version of Chrysalis for MorphOS 3.18.

Brumiga
  • »31.01.24 - 09:12
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

Brumiga wrote:
    You chose to install amissl but it is not used. After searching through Ambient I found 'amissl:' in 3 programs, rnoradio, rnowidgets and rnoxfer. Did the author, JPV, leave traces of amissl in the rnoradio code for morphos as well as in the rnowidgets code on amigaos 4.1, the same for rnoxfer on amigaos 4.1 and amigaos 3.x? The author should be asked to check whether traces of amissl are actually present in these 3 programs or not.

None of these programs use AmiSSL on MorphOS anymore (and RNORadio never did). I've just made a generic download function that I use for all platforms, and it has an AmiSSL check for other platforms which leaves couple of traces on MorphOS binaries too.
  • »05.02.24 - 08:15
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    You had left a space in the first "[url=_" section, so the linked file didn't work-trigger the download, as the address was incorrect initially, I have corrected this so the link now works. 8-D
    Quote:
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »18.02.24 - 03:19