Problem with dualpng icon
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    Hello,

seems there is a problem with the dualpng icons on MorphOS.

If i change tooltype or comment the dualpng icon has problems (picture lost)...

Is it possible to resolve this problem please in a next release of MorphOS please ?
  • »04.05.23 - 16:36
    Profile Visit Website
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Trekman
    Yes, I can confirm that. Ive seen such behaviour with icons too ...
  • »05.05.23 - 09:57
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    I have also noticed this destructive behaviour of MorphOS, which also affects a change to the Icon's Type, such as from Project to Tool or adding a Default Tool to a Project Icon - but no-one in the MOS Dev. Team seems to have commented on this issue in this thread. :-(

So, I have sent a bug-report to bug HQ for this to be addressed. 8-D

As it is about time someone from the MOS Dev. Team commented in this thread and said it was being addressed, as Dual-State PNG icons for MorphOS is basically a fundamental aesthetic and functional feature, and if they don't work properly, in fact, delete the icon from existence and replace it with a generic "hammer & wrench" default icon then something is very very wrong with how such icons are being handled by the OS that we should be able to rely on to never do this! :-(

I am surprised that no-one else has commented on this thread (including me), but then I only came across the issue personally a day ago, and was made aware that it had been spotted already, but I'm unaware if it has been spotted by the MOS Dev. Team already or if it has already been sent to bug HQ! :-?

So, I've sent my report in so I can be sure I have done what I can to get this issue addressed ASAP. 8-)
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »18.01.24 - 02:21
  • MorphOS Developer
    Piru
    This issue is fixed in the next MorphOS release.
  • »18.01.24 - 18:26
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    r-tea
    Thank you. It's a great news.
    Mac mini G4@1,5GHz silent upgrade + Xerox Phaser 3140 + EPSON Perfection 1240U
    Commodore C64C + 2 x 1541II + Datasette + SD-Box

I miss draggable screens... and do you? I know I'm in a minority unfortunately.
  • »18.01.24 - 20:43
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    @ Piru - Thanks for that update, which is much appreciated, but I personally wish there'd been a reply here as soon as that was known to update everyone, as it surely (almost certainly) wasn't fixed overnight (since my comment - 16 hours earlier) . . . OR was it? 8-D

Also, any clue to pass on, as in a fairly accurate date as to when that "next MorphOS release" is due to be released? As that would be something to really look forward to? ;-)
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »19.01.24 - 01:02
  • MorphOS Developer
    Piru
    Just some notes:

- This issue had been reported by beta testers a long time ago already (thanks jPV!).
    - Even though a bug is reported it doesn't necessarily lead to them being immediately assigned or someone picking them up. Sometimes issues may stay in limbo for a long time, until someone picks them up. How and when this happens is organic in many occasions. Issues that appear simple to fix, have good quality & easy to understand report and/or components with clear ownership usually get priority.
    - Yes, I actually did fix this overnight. It took me nearly the whole evening due to the issue actually being several separate issues with complex interactions.

[ Edited by Piru 20.01.2024 - 16:07 ]
  • »19.01.24 - 09:52
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    @ Piru - Thanks for your quick overview, which is, as usual explains all I personally needed to know, and so impressed that you managed to fix it overnight :-o

You really are highly appreciated for all you do, much of what you often do seemingly goes usually unnoticed and understated, and probably way, way under-rated. Big Thanks ! 8-D
  • »20.01.24 - 00:04