What printer for MorphOS ?
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    Guess this is a GDI-Printer! (-> Language is PCLmS, UMF, PWG)
    Don't think that there will be any luck, to get that working under MorphOS - or Zukow let's happen a miracle.
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »28.02.24 - 19:53
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    I just bought a new printer... after comparing specs of printers currently available to buy as new in my country, I decided to go to Xerox B230, which supports PCL 5 (and 6) and PostScript level 3.

I've now printed three pages and it seems to work just fine under MorphOS. PostScript printing with the new printing system (Printers) works, and also old programs with TurboPrint (Printer) do work, yay \o/

The third page was from my A1200, and it works from there too with an older TurboPrint. BTW. FinalWriter was soo slow on 060@60/Voodoo3 compared when running on MorphOS... on both writing and printing :) Brrr....

I guess printing should work with B225 and B235 multifunction printers too, as they share the same specs for printing, but no idea if scanning would work. And probably color versions C230 and C235 would work too... and maybe other Xerox models have kept the good compatibility, but I haven't checked their specs.
  • »09.05.24 - 15:46
    Profile Visit Website