Hardfile from WinUae to Morphos E-Uae
  • Just looking around
    laios
    I made a hardfile with WB3.1 WHDload setup and couple games for testing . Everything ok . I transfer the hardhile to my morphos machine and doesn't recognised as a hardfile , doesn't mount , why that ? do I have something to do ?
  • »12.11.22 - 20:11
  • Just looking around
    laios
    Quote:

Papiosaur wrote:
    Maybe the hardfile from WinUAE is incompatible with E-UAE MorphOS ?

maybe although someone in the forum had done it , to be honest I'm still try to mount a blank hardfile in e-uae not as easy as in windows uae
  • »12.11.22 - 20:56
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    cip060
    The hdf file does not need to be mounted to the environmental desktop if you want to see it work
    You need to create the correct configuration file and load it from EUAE in emulation
    In any case, some hdf files created with winuae sometimes unfortunately does not recognize them
    I noticed it too and couldn't understand why
    I usually work with folders and not hdf
  • »13.11.22 - 10:03
  • Just looking around
    laios
    Quote:

cip060 wrote:
    The hdf file does not need to be mounted to the environmental desktop if you want to see it work
    You need to create the correct configuration file and load it from EUAE in emulation
    In any case, some hdf files created with winuae sometimes unfortunately does not recognize them
    I noticed it too and couldn't understand why
    I usually work with folders and not hdf

Yes indeed all I had to do was to edit the .uaerc configuration file to the harfile line and the hardfile works perfect with WHDLoad and everything . The same file is not recognised for mounting in desktop but as it is perfectly working in e-uae that's enough at the momment . In the case of trying to install workbench 3.1 in e-uae using a folder as hard disk the process stack in 12% , haven't try yet with blank hardfile that will be the next try
  • »13.11.22 - 12:32
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Hello, look at the link below , HDF can be mounted by use of fileimgcontrol and mounter, it's in french.

http://obligement.free.fr/articles/monter_hdf.php

first you load your file with fileimgcontrol and next you use mounter

you need to put the handler in L/fastfilesystem

Regards

[ Edited by acepeg 14.11.2022 - 22:22 ]
  • »14.11.22 - 22:15
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    No need for extra filesystem or a handler in L:
    FFS and all other Amiga-fs are known by MOS internal (https://library.morph.zone/Filesystems).
    And for FileImageControl no seperate handler needed: https://library.morph.zone/Tools/FileImageCtrl

[ Editiert durch Amigaharry2 15.11.2022 - 18:43 ]
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »15.11.22 - 18:38