AmiGameJam 2022 - Sword & Sorcery
  • Just looking around
    Cammy
    Posts: 12 from 2009/9/3
    Hi fellow Amiga enthusiasts! I'm very happy to announce that the next AmiGameJam contest has started! This year, the theme is "Sword & Sorcery" where you will have the opportunity to create an original game for the Amiga.

    We have some fantastic judges and prizes lined up for this competition and will be announcing the details for those later on once it's all been confirmed.

    As usual, games can be entered in two different categories - "Classic OCS/AGA" and Next-Gen Amigas (Aros, MorphOS, OS4 and Vampire). Entries should be submitted by the 1st of May and the judging will begin shortly after that which will give you six months to work on an entry. The community will have a chance to rate each entry, the results of which will be presented and tallied alongside the ratings given by our celebrity judges on our live awards show hosted by AmigaBill on Twitch.

    No ports will be allowed this time as this is original games only, and all entries should fit within the "Sword & Sorcery" theme.

    Please feel free to contact me if you have questions about the jam or if you think you could help out by being a sponsor or donating prizes.

    I'm looking forward to seeing all of your entries!

    Thank you all for making the Amiga scene as awesome as it is, and good luck to everyone wishing to enter!

    https://itch.io/jam/amigamejam
  • »01.11.22 - 09:38
    Profile
  • Just looking around
    Cammy
    Posts: 12 from 2009/9/3
    Hi everyone!

    I apologise for the lack of updates regarding AmiGameJam 2022 but I do have some exciting news to announce now.

    We have on-board with us two excellent judges for the jam! The first is Dan Wood, YouTube celebrity and host of The Retro Hour podcast!

    Our second judge who will be joining us is known as The Bard, of the Bardic Broadcasts channel on YouTube. He's most well-known for his hilarious "The Best Thing about HeroQuest" video. He is also a fan of the Amiga and often plays Amiga sword and sorcery games on Twitch.

    A big thank you goes to them for agreeing to be judges for the AmiGameJam competition!

    Stay tuned for more updates coming soon and don't forget to tell your friends in the Amiga community!

    Check out https://itch.io/jam/amigamejam for more info.
  • »11.12.22 - 03:36
    Profile
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    discreetfx
    Posts: 389 from 2003/7/26
    From: Chicago, IL
    Sounds cool Cammy, thank you very much for sharing.
    DiscreetFX
    Making your
    Digital Films
    More Effective!
  • »11.12.22 - 06:38
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    Cammy
    Posts: 12 from 2009/9/3
    Hi everyone!

    I apologise for the lack of updates for the AmiGameJam competition. I have consulted within the Amiga community and we think it would be best to extend the contest for another 3 months, ending on the 1st August.

    We also have a very exciting First Prize to announce, the Scourge of the Underkind A500 bundle from A1200.net!

    There will be more prizes forthcoming and if you have anything you'd like to donate as a prize, please do contact me at my e-mail arcadecammy @ gmail.com

    Thank you for your patience and understanding, I'm looking forward to your entries! The link to join in the competition is here - https://itch.io/jam/amigamejam
  • »16.04.23 - 04:26
    Profile
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Primax
    Posts: 129 from 2021/7/2
    @Cammy

    Please don't get me wrong: every initiative pushing the Amiga in general is welcome and much appreciated.
    But sometimes those activities looks like "closed party". Why not - for example - get in touch with us, amiga-news.de, a website, which all kind of Amiga users regularly visit (at least that's what I keep getting told ;), before starting such a jam, so we could coordinate:

    - when to start the jam
    - how to publish an announcement
    - how to report until the award ceremony

    So, in my opinion, it would have the advantage of having one central information point. And not publishing an update in this forum and then in that...

    You know what I mean? Well, then maybe next year :)
    AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon X1650 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition / MorphOS 3.17
    Amiga1200 / Blizzard 1230 IV PiStorm32-lite / 128 MB RAM / AmigaOS 3.9
  • »16.04.23 - 20:26
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Templario
    Posts: 536 from 2012/4/28
    Quote:

    Primax escribió:
    @Cammy

    Please don't get me wrong: every initiative pushing the Amiga in general is welcome and much appreciated.
    But sometimes those activities looks like "closed party". Why not - for example - get in touch with us, amiga-news.de, a website, which all kind of Amiga users regularly visit (at least that's what I keep getting told ;), before starting such a jam, so we could coordinate:

    - when to start the jam
    - how to publish an announcement
    - how to report until the award ceremony

    So, in my opinion, it would have the advantage of having one central information point. And not publishing an update in this forum and then in that...

    You know what I mean? Well, then maybe next year :)

    I am sorry but the site you that you mention is not so perfect, for example I am banned even in the German version insult people, in my case some called toxic.
    AmigaJam and the initiative from Cammy is better known, before you can found it in the old Amiga.org now in the social networks as Facebook.
  • »18.04.23 - 07:59
    Profile
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    Posts: 12085 from 2003/5/22
    From: Germany
    > I though that forum was stoped.

    Except during the 3 months of June 2018 through August 2018, when it was being updated and thus unavailable, the Amiga.org forum had no longish outages. And as far as I can see, your account there is still valid.
  • »18.04.23 - 10:50
    Profile
  • MDW
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MDW
    Posts: 455 from 2003/7/26
    From: Wroclaw/Poland
    I have 3D-game for MorphOS in quite advanced stage but theme of the game is not consistent with "Sword & Sorcery". There are no sorcery, no swords... :) This is micro-strategy in space, there are only: planet, orbits, satellites, space ships, radars, terrestrial objects...
    So... maybe next time. :)
  • »18.04.23 - 13:25
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Templario
    Posts: 536 from 2012/4/28
    Quote:

    MDW escribió:
    I have 3D-game for MorphOS in quite advanced stage but theme of the game is not consistent with "Sword & Sorcery". There are no sorcery, no swords... :) This is micro-strategy in space, there are only: planet, orbits, satellites, space ships, radars, terrestrial objects...
    So... maybe next time. :)

    And adapt it to the warhammer 40,000 style, even the Mandalorian TV show has this style of sword the black sword of Mando, and the wizards "the boy".
  • »18.04.23 - 16:33
    Profile
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Primax
    Posts: 129 from 2021/7/2
    Quote:

    Templario schrieb:
    Quote:

    Primax escribió:
    @Cammy

    Please don't get me wrong: every initiative pushing the Amiga in general is welcome and much appreciated.
    But sometimes those activities looks like "closed party". Why not - for example - get in touch with us, amiga-news.de, a website, which all kind of Amiga users regularly visit (at least that's what I keep getting told ;), before starting such a jam, so we could coordinate:

    - when to start the jam
    - how to publish an announcement
    - how to report until the award ceremony

    So, in my opinion, it would have the advantage of having one central information point. And not publishing an update in this forum and then in that...

    You know what I mean? Well, then maybe next year :)

    I am sorry but the site you that you mention is not so perfect, for example I am banned even in the German version insult people, in my case some called toxic.
    AmigaJam and the initiative from Cammy is better known, before you can found it in the old Amiga.org now in the social networks as Facebook.




    ???
    What does this have to do with you?
    I have been thinking about how best to publicize and promote the project. Because obviously there are not many entries, if entries at all.
    AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon X1650 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition / MorphOS 3.17
    Amiga1200 / Blizzard 1230 IV PiStorm32-lite / 128 MB RAM / AmigaOS 3.9
  • »19.04.23 - 04:15
    Profile Visit Website