Morphever by Encore
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    kriz
    Cool stuff MDW!! Well your graphics are also very good so i am really looking forward :)
    MacMiniG4 MOS 3.18 rulez ... For music check: Horrordelic Records - Dark Psychedelic Music Since 2011 -
  • »18.11.22 - 10:44
    Profile Visit Website
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Falcon_11
    Quote:

MDW wrote:
    Quote:

kriz wrote:
    Woahh, if it is polished like the Fortis game we have something to look forward to ...

The game will not looks as good as the Forthis because I create graphics 2D/3D. 😃 However Orbiton is much more complex, complicated than Fortis (which is a simple shooter). Something between strange tower-defense (without fixed paths) and simple realtime strategy.

This sounds good :)

Quote:

Quote:

Amigaharry2 wrote:
    I own a A3K witch 060/PPC240 and PIV - and the PPC yearns for something to do.... :-)

Aggghhrrr... Please forget what I said. Now I noticed "PIV". If it is PicassoIV (my unrealised dream before 2000) the port is not possible. OpenGL requires hardware acceleration (at least CVision3D, BVsion3D, Voodoo3/4/5, Radeon). GL without hardware acceleration usually means less than 1 fps. :)

BUT , it would be nice to BVisionPPC :), Demos like Sulaco, ByNight, NewAge etc... was great.
    DEAD
    MB :Pegasos-II
    CPU :G4/1GHz
    OS :MOS 2.2 reg, MOS 1.4.5, Ubuntu 8.04, MACOSX Panther on MOLk
    RAM :512MB-DDR266 Apacer
    GFX :ATI-Radeon 9200 128MB
    HDD :MAXTOR-160+80GB ATA133
    TV :Pinnacle Studio PCTV

Powerbook G4 A1139, MOS3.18
  • »20.11.22 - 21:23
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    >> OpenGL requires hardware acceleration (at least CVision3D, BVsion3D [...])

> BUT , it would be nice to BVisionPPC

I guess CVisionPPC and BVisionPPC is what he means. While there's the older CVision 64/3D, I don't think its S3 ViRGE GPU has any OpenGL support. Also, there's no BVision variant of it.
  • »21.11.22 - 00:37
  • Just looking around
    Love your demos. Still using them as a test case for my 800MHz G3/450MHz G4 in my AA3000+ with Radeon R200 card! (Sulaco, ByNight, SerialInterference, Plus, KheshKhash)

[ Edited by Hedeon 07.12.2022 - 23:30 ]
  • »08.12.22 - 00:24
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    Thank for that awesome "refurbished" version of KheshKhash after 20 years! (https://www.morphos-storage.net/index.php?id=1840416)
    Great graphics-enhanchement and the "new" awesome soundtrack from jazzcat! (compare it to the old version!)
    Runs great on MOS3.17/G5/2.0GHz!
    44941554yc.jpg

[ Editiert durch Amigaharry2 28.12.2022 - 18:15 ]
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »28.12.22 - 18:11
  • MDW
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MDW
    Thank you for the report. 👍
    This demo is strange. Geometry is extremely easy for each MOS-hardware. However rendering these huge and transparent faces on screen in a very high resolution a bit kills fillrate.
  • »28.12.22 - 19:07
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    At moment I've only access to a G5/2.0GHz. I'll be back in 2nd week of Januray to test it on EFIKA - curious about....
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »28.12.22 - 19:49
  • MDW
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MDW
    Quote:

Amigaharry2 wrote:
    At moment I've only access to a G5/2.0GHz. I'll be back in 2nd week of Januray to test it on EFIKA - curious about....

I added option for play music without loading whole sound-file into memory (stream from file). It can be useful on a hardware with small memory (like the Efika).
    I also added this option in: Morphoza, Morphilia, Morphobia and Morphever. Update of these demos will be released in January 2023. I have to finish migration to current version of the engine (e.g. new resources manager).
  • »28.12.22 - 20:43
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    discreetfx
    I just ran this impressive demo and it ran flawlessly without a hitch on YouTube. Congrats on winning and this demo was amazing. I look forward to many more in the future hopefully.
    DiscreetFX
    Making your
    Digital Films
    More Effective!
  • »30.12.22 - 07:05
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > I just ran this impressive demo and it ran flawlessly
    > without a hitch on YouTube.

You ran the demo on YouTube?
  • »30.12.22 - 10:31
  • MDW
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MDW
    I updated demos created between 2017-2022 (Morphoza, Morphilia, Morphobia, Morphever) to new versions (1.2.0).

Release notes are in readme files bug generally:
    - added option for play music from RAM or as stream from file,
    - modified GUI of the Launcher,
    - optimizations (found and fixed reason of low performance in two parts of Morphoza and Morphilia),
    - bugfixing (especially in Morphoza),
    - unification (for easier maintenance),
    - engine updated to the latest version,
    - new resources manager.

All demos available on the MorphOS Storage:
    https://www.morphos-storage.net/?all=1&dev=Encore
  • »02.01.23 - 22:06
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MoerBoer
    @MDW , that's awesome thanks!

I would like to make a suggestion. Now that we have the cool report at the end, would it be possible to write that to a text file? It would making posting results in a forum like this easier instead of taking photos of the report :-)

Keep up the great work, I'm always looking forward to your next project.
  • »03.01.23 - 07:59
  • MDW
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MDW
    Quote:

MoerBoer wrote:
    I would like to make a suggestion. Now that we have the cool report at the end, would it be possible to write that to a text file? It would making posting results in a forum like this easier instead of taking photos of the report :-)

Yes, it is possible. I can save the same text to a file in RAM: or just print on CLI.
    I will add it in next releases.

However now I have to resolve problem with Kheshkhash on Radeon 9200. Textures on rotating objects are not mapped correctly. There must be a problem with prehistoric GL_SPHERE_MAP which I had to use in these cases.
  • »03.01.23 - 08:14
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Cool_amigaN
    @MDW

Tested all latest version productions and with the latest tinygl update I get the following repeated misbehaviour:

kheshkhash: produces trashed graphs/ artifacts as soon as the GUI appear and a reboot is needed.

Since I am using a 9800 Pro 256mb flashed I think that it shouldn't be caused by you, but do you have any idea what could be triggering it, so I can report it to Bigfoot? I mean, what the heck is changed on the kheshkhash GUI compared to other demos?

Btw, can you launch the demo from cli and pass some settings (window/fullscreen), so I can bypass the GUI in the menatime?

All other productions run fine though (steady 75 fps).

[ Edited by Cool_amigaN 03.01.2023 - 12:15 ]
    Amiga gaming Tribute: Watch, rate, comment :)
  • »03.01.23 - 11:11
    Profile Visit Website
    Templario
    @MDW
    Thank you for the new versions of your demos.
  • »03.01.23 - 11:20
  • MDW
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MDW
    @Cool_amigaN:
    Thank you for the information. Unfortunately now is not good time for creating something for 3D in MorphOS. I have only PowerBookG4 (A1138), I am not able to testing on other gfx cards. I don't know if I should require TinyGL updates or not.
    I think I will stop my activities and plans for MorphOS for some time because I am not able to maintenance of my craps. :) Now this is too problematic for me.

[ Edited by MDW 04.01.2023 - 18:40 ]
  • »03.01.23 - 18:00
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Primax
    Quote:

Cool_amigaN schrieb:
    @MDW

Tested all latest version productions and with the latest tinygl update I get the following repeated misbehaviour:

kheshkhash: produces trashed graphs/ artifacts as soon as the GUI appear and a reboot is needed.

Please explain more detailed for being able reproducing it: what GUI do you mean?
    AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon X1650 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition / MorphOS 3.17
    Amiga1200 / Blizzard 1230 IV PiStorm32-lite / 128 MB RAM / AmigaOS 3.9
  • »04.01.23 - 17:39
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Dear MDW your demos are absolutly stuning ! (all your demos are working great on my computer)

it's a shame to know you will stop to do new demos or games !

Thanks for all the great demos and the Fortis game you done with your demo group !

I wish all pleasure for the future, and who knows see you later on the Morphos World ;-)

[ Edited by acepeg 05.01.2023 - 22:14 ]
  • »05.01.23 - 22:13
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    And here it is: KeshKhash on Efika! As expected: flawless!

45004671by.jpg

Btw: Demo "ByNight" and "Sulaco" are running also impressive on Efika.....

ByNight:

part 1: 49.91 FPS
    part 2: 49.51 FPS
    part 3: 29.26 FPS
    part 4: 31.98 FPS
    part 5: 29.30 FPS
    part 6: 24.19 FPS
    part 7: 49.75 FPS
    part 8: 23.44 FPS

Sulaco:

part 1: 32.19 FPS
    part 2: 50.00 FPS
    part 3: 49.32 FPS
    part 4: 49.69 FPS
    part 5: 49.89 FPS
    part 6: 37.97 FPS
    part 7: 29.50 FPS

[ Editiert durch Amigaharry2 08.01.2023 - 19:47 ]
  • »08.01.23 - 19:34
    Cool_amigaN
    Quote:

Primax wrote:
    Quote:

Cool_amigaN schrieb:
    @MDW

Please explain more detailed for being able reproducing it: what GUI do you mean?

I mean when you double click the main executable and load up the launcher (GUI) where you select various options (fps counter, window/fullscren, screen size etc). Nevertheless, I am pretty sure it affects only my setup since I am running on a flashed 9800 (not a genuine mac version).

@MDW

No, mate, pls carry on the torch! Your demos and games are awesome and a huge plus on the platform :) Hope you reconsider and soonish a new release comes up from you on morphos storage.
    Amiga gaming Tribute: Watch, rate, comment :)
  • »08.01.23 - 20:59
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MoerBoer
    It would be sad day when @MDW stops creating his awesome demos and games. I know real life can take time away, but please reconsider going on. Even if it's at a slower pace.
  • »16.01.23 - 07:16
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    koszer
    Quote:

MoerBoer wrote:
    It would be sad day when @MDW stops creating his awesome demos and games. I know real life can take time away, but please reconsider going on. Even if it's at a slower pace.

From what I understand, MDW is not saying he won't create more (that's his joy and life after all), just that he won't make "updated versions" of the old ones for some time. For now the gfx drivers for MorphOS are constantly changing and maintaining all that is just an unnecessary headache.
  • »16.01.23 - 12:29
  • MDW
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MDW
    Quote:

koszer wrote:
    From what I understand, MDW is not saying he won't create more (that's his joy and life after all), just that he won't make "updated versions" of the old ones for some time.

Yes, I am not able to update last 5 demos (created in 2017-2022) because I don't know how they work on e.g. Radeon 9200.
    I use only basic, simple GL-functions but (as we can see) it doesn't guarantee success. I can't detect problems on hardware which I don't have and I won't have. :(
  • »16.01.23 - 14:55
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Primax
    Quote:

Cool_amigaN schrieb:
    Quote:

Primax wrote:
    Quote:

Cool_amigaN schrieb:
    @MDW

I mean when you double click the main executable and load up the launcher (GUI) where you select various options (fps counter, window/fullscren, screen size etc). Nevertheless, I am pretty sure it affects only my setup since I am running on a flashed 9800 (not a genuine mac version).

@MDW

No, mate, pls carry on the torch! Your demos and games are awesome and a huge plus on the platform :) Hope you reconsider and soonish a new release comes up from you on morphos storage.[/qote]

Nevertheless. I do not understand it. Because: the GUI only appears at the beginning. And to this moment, the demo isn't running. So, what rashed graphs/ artifacts..??

@MDW

Obviously, it is a single issue. And even you would have native hardware, you were not be able to take into account any possible hardware configuration.

So, please keep on going! :)
    AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon X1650 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition / MorphOS 3.17
    Amiga1200 / Blizzard 1230 IV PiStorm32-lite / 128 MB RAM / AmigaOS 3.9
  • »16.01.23 - 16:37
    Profile Visit Website