Shrinking partitions
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Goodman
    Hello forum,

Which option do we have to shrink partition nowadays? I have Mac Mini dual boot I would like to do some change. My partitions are HFS, HFS+, PFS3.
  • »17.07.22 - 08:38
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    MorphOS itself and the file-systems it supports don't allow partitions to be shrunk without losing the data on the partition you are shrinking/modifying, AFAIK. 8-)

You can 'supposedly' shrink a Mac HFS+ partition via MacOSX, without affecting the data on the partition, but I've never found that to work that successfully, if at all. :-(
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »17.07.22 - 08:49
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Goodman
    Quote:

NewSense wrote:
    MorphOS itself and the file-systems it supports don't allow partitions to be shrunk without losing the data on the partition you are shrinking/modifying, AFAIK. 8-)

You can 'supposedly' shrink a Mac HFS+ partition via MacOSX, without affecting the data on the partition, but I've never found that to work that successfully, if at all. :-(

For MacOSX you mean Leopard isn't it? But I have Tiger it doesn't shrink. I was about to upgrade to Leopard and try anyway. First I could try cloning the mac partition, if it is possible with Carbon Copy Cloner. Then I could copy Morphos partition data and paste somewhere. Boot Morphos CD, HDconfig, new partitions System: and Work:, replace into and upgrade to Morphos 3.17.
  • »17.07.22 - 10:13