TinyGL: FBO, Shaders and futur improvements
  • MorphOS Developer
    bigfoot
    Quote:

Papiosaur wrote:
    @bigfoot: why Cube Map example up my G5 (X1950) to 100% please ? Bizarre no ?

It's unfortunately completely normal currently. There is a fix for this in the works, but it needs more testing to make sure it doesn't break anything for anyone, so it'll probably only get fixed with the MorphOS 3.18 release.
    I rarely log in to MorphZone which means that I often miss private messages sent on here. If you wish to contact me, please email me at [username]@asgaard.morphos-team.net, where [username] is my username here on MorphZone.
  • »12.09.22 - 13:32
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    Quote:

bigfoot a écrit :
    Quote:

Papiosaur wrote:
    @bigfoot: why Cube Map example up my G5 (X1950) to 100% please ? Bizarre no ?

It's unfortunately completely normal currently. There is a fix for this in the works, but it needs more testing to make sure it doesn't break anything for anyone, so it'll probably only get fixed with the MorphOS 3.18 release.

Ok thanks for your return!
  • »12.09.22 - 14:59
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    bigfoot
    It's time for a new public update of TinyGL. You can download it here.

The highlights of this update are:
    - Support for shaders on R500.
    - Various shader related bug fixes and optimisations.
    - Inclusion of ShaderBoy to test and play around with shaders.

See the included readme file for a full list of changes since the last update.
    I rarely log in to MorphZone which means that I often miss private messages sent on here. If you wish to contact me, please email me at [username]@asgaard.morphos-team.net, where [username] is my username here on MorphZone.
  • »05.10.22 - 08:44
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    Work fine on my Quad G5 + X1950 !

Thanks a lot bigfoot !

[EDIT] Bizarre, i have a small black square in the middle of the window in Doom3 game...
    [EDIT2] Fixed with new SDL2 libraries :-) Thanks a lot beworld !

[ Edité par Papiosaur 05.10.2022 - 16:39 ]
  • »05.10.22 - 12:54
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Stevo
    Teh nice :-D
    ---
    http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/logs/its_only_football.txt
  • »05.10.22 - 15:48
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    eastone
    Big Thanks @bigfoot !!!!
    All examples are working well on my G4 with Radeon 9650 and G5 with Radeon x1900GT :)
  • »06.10.22 - 18:54
    Cool_amigaN
    Thanks Mark!

Could be my flashed RadeonXT 9800 256MB AGP but on ShaderBoy when choosing Preset: Twister, my system freezes. Can somebody else pls test it as well?
    Amiga gaming Tribute: Watch, rate, comment :)
  • »07.10.22 - 22:03
    Profile Visit Website
    Tcheko
    Quote:

Cool_amigaN wrote:
    Thanks Mark!

Could be my flashed RadeonXT 9800 256MB AGP but on ShaderBoy when choosing Preset: Twister, my system freezes. Can somebody else pls test it as well?

This preset is working ok here (Powerbook 17" 1.67). Your system is probably still running (try pinging the machine from another computer for example). The problem is probably located inside r300.library which is the radeon driver for tinygl. If something bad is happening here, the whole graphic stack is frozen (ie: no more rendering to screen). The only solution to grab information of what's going on is to use firewire ochi_mon to catch the debuglog.

Can you get this firewire debuglog? Without it, it will be hard to figure out what's going on.
    Quelque soit le chemin que tu prendras dans la vie, sache que tu auras des ampoules aux pieds.
    -------
    I need to practice my Kung Fu.
  • »08.10.22 - 09:27
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    bigfoot
    Quote:

Cool_amigaN wrote:
    Thanks Mark!

Well, as per usual, reflashed Radeons are not supported, and since it seems to work for just about everyone else, it being a reflashed Radeon is probably related.

If you can manage to grab a log somehow, then I can check if there's anything obvious in there. If not, there's probably not too much I can do, as I don't have access to such a Radeon myself.
  • »09.10.22 - 08:58
    Profile Visit Website
    analogkid
    @bigfoot: This happens on my two MorphOS systems, too. Powermac G5 (Powermac7.3) with original Mac Radeon 9600 and Powerbook G4 (Powerbook5,6) with onboard Radeon 9600.
  • »09.10.22 - 20:45
    ernsteiswuerfel
    Examples and Shaderboy work fine on my G5 ant its' current Radeon X1300, no crashes so far. :-) Without having the knowledge to do more testing with Shaderboy...

Besides I noticed there are some glitches gone in VirtualGP 2 which I had before on this card (didn't have these glitches on my PowerBook G4). But I think it got an additional glitch at some time with the TinyGL beta versions: The sky is often flickering with little squares (about 5x5mm) shining through.

If of interest I could have a look whether I get this on vanilla MorphOS 3.17 or older versions.
    Talos II. [Gentoo Linux] | PMac G5 11,2. PMac G4 3,6. PBook G4 5,8. [MorphOS 3.18 / Gentoo Linux] | Vampire V4 SA [ApolloOS / Amiga OS 3.2.2]
  • »09.10.22 - 21:37
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    koszer
    Quote:

ernsteiswuerfel wrote:
    I noticed there are some glitches gone in VirtualGP 2 which I had before on this card (didn't have these glitches on my PowerBook G4). But I think it got an additional glitch at some time with the TinyGL beta versions: The sky is often flickering with little squares (about 5x5mm) shining through.

I believe this is a bug that was found also in MDW's latest demo. From what I know it's been already fixed by Bigfoot and the fix should be available in a few weeks.
  • »10.10.22 - 07:03
  • MorphOS Developer
    bigfoot
    Quote:

ernsteiswuerfel wrote:
    Besides I noticed there are some glitches gone in VirtualGP 2 which I had before on this card (didn't have these glitches on my PowerBook G4). But I think it got an additional glitch at some time with the TinyGL beta versions: The sky is often flickering with little squares (about 5x5mm) shining through.

If of interest I could have a look whether I get this on vanilla MorphOS 3.17 or older versions.

As Koszer wrote, this sounds a lot like a problem I fixed this weekend. I'll try to get a small bugfix update out this week that will include a fix for that.
  • »10.10.22 - 08:43
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    bigfoot
    Quote:

analogkid wrote:
    @bigfoot: This happens on my two MorphOS systems, too. Powermac G5 (Powermac7.3) with original Mac Radeon 9600 and Powerbook G4 (Powerbook5,6) with onboard Radeon 9600.

Thank you, good to know! And just to be clear, it's only the twister preset that causes a crash, right? Is it a consistent crash, does it happen any time you select it?
  • »10.10.22 - 08:44
    Profile Visit Website
    ernsteiswuerfel
    @koszer, bigfoot: Thanks, good to know! So as always I'll be eager to try out the new Beta. ;-)
    Talos II. [Gentoo Linux] | PMac G5 11,2. PMac G4 3,6. PBook G4 5,8. [MorphOS 3.18 / Gentoo Linux] | Vampire V4 SA [ApolloOS / Amiga OS 3.2.2]
  • »10.10.22 - 14:13
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    Can confirm behaviour as analogkid wrote! Crashes allways when selecting Twister.
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »10.10.22 - 18:00
    analogkid
    Quote:

bigfoot schrieb:
    Thank you, good to know! And just to be clear, it's only the twister preset that causes a crash, right? Is it a consistent crash, does it happen any time you select it?

Yes, only the Twister preset causes the crash. But it doesn't crash every time, on both machines. It crashed the first time I started it on each machine, next time it runs. But it could happen that it crashes again if I quit Shaderboy and start it again.
  • »10.10.22 - 18:01
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    Hmm - tested it after reboot and it runs! No more crashes (G5, PB G4) ??!?
    Cannot replicate crash at moment........
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »10.10.22 - 18:23
  • MDW
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MDW
    Quote:

koszer wrote:
    I believe this is a bug that was found also in MDW's latest demo. From what I know it's been already fixed by Bigfoot and the fix should be available in a few weeks.

The bug wasn't reproducible on my PowerBookG4. Recedent was testing the demo on his PowerMac G5 with X1950 and noticed the problem. I only forwarded description of the problem and the demo to Bigfoot. He found reason of the problem and fixed it 4 hours after the report. On Saturday! :) I think we couldn't find other operating system with better support. :)
  • »10.10.22 - 19:28
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    bigfoot
    The fifth public TinyGL beta release is now out.

This is just a bug fix release that mainly addresses rendering glitches on R500-based Radeons as well as stability issues when running ShaderBoy.
  • »19.10.22 - 09:58
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    Exellent!!!

Thanks a lot bigfoot for this bug fix!

No more glitchs in beplayer and some games here :-D

[EDIT] Small glitchs in Shader test example here after update and reset.

Seems Textures and Lights for ShaderBoy are not supported on R500 ?

[ Edité par Papiosaur 19.10.2022 - 14:07 ]
  • »19.10.22 - 11:48
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    bigfoot
    Quote:

Papiosaur wrote:
    [EDIT] Small glitchs in Shader test example here after update and reset.

Can you show an example of that?

Quote:

Papiosaur wrote:
    Seems Textures and Lights for ShaderBoy are not supported on R500 ?

They are. R500 is now on feature parity with R300, so anything that works on R300 should also work on R500.

Textures and lighting in ShaderBoy only have an effect if the shader actually utilises them. Try the "vertex lighting" example for the lights (or light 0 specifically in that case) and the "texture" example to test textures.
  • »19.10.22 - 13:52
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    bigfoot
    Quote:

Papiosaur wrote:
    of course:
    https://www.morphos-storage.net/upload/test/shadertest.mp4

sorry for the bad quality...

The quality is fine, thank you very much :)

Just one question: Is this a new problem after this update only, or did it also happen with the previous update?
  • »19.10.22 - 16:37
    Profile Visit Website
    beworld
    @bigfoot, same glitchs here with my G5 / X800 AGP
    same with tinygl 53.3.. (update 2022-10-05)

PS: and working with 53.2 - TinyGL-Update-2022-09-08

[ Edité par beworld 19.10.2022 - 18:53 ]
    IMac G5 2.1,PowerBook G4 1.5,MacMini 1.5, PowerMac G5 2.7 died !!!
    My MOS ports
  • »19.10.22 - 16:51
    Profile Visit Website