A printer/scanner for MorphOS ?
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    Hello all,

i search a printer/scanner compatible with MorphOS to propose it on www.morphos-store.com.

I think it will be fine to have this sort of hardware on MorphOS.

Any solution ?

Thanks for your returns ;-)
  • »12.07.21 - 17:37
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    koszer
    Quote:

Papiosaur wrote:
    Hello all,

i search a printer/scanner compatible with MorphOS to propose it on www.morphos-store.com.

I think it will be fine to have this sort of hardware on MorphOS.

Any solution ?

Thanks for your returns ;-)

zukow once had (maybe still has) an Epson Perfection 1640SU and he was very happy with it.
    I have a Mustek 600CU, it's working, but I think it's quite mediocre. I also have a Plustek Optic Slim 1200, but for me it's a bit worse than Mustek.

Honestly, I think zukow is your man when it comes to scanners. He's got quite a collection.

EDIT: I just remembered that zukow once said Canon LIDE 210 is a good one.

[ Edited by koszer 12.07.2021 - 19:26 ]
  • »12.07.21 - 18:22
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    I'm afraid, that is'nt possible at moment! I dont know any combo-system with fits to Scandal or (older) ScanQuix. Printerdriver is easier to find, especially if the printer nows PCL or Postscript.
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »12.07.21 - 20:28
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    koszer
    Quote:

Amigaharry2 wrote:
    I'm afraid, that is'nt possible at moment! I dont know any combo-system with fits to Scandal or (older) ScanQuix. Printerdriver is easier to find, especially if the printer nows PCL or Postscript.

Hmm... I have a Canon Imagerunner 1133 at work. The online SANE compatibility list says it's "supported". The documentation says it also optionaly supports PCL and PS. I might bring a PowerBook to work some day and give it a shot. Yet, it's a bulky "business class" model so it hardly qualifies as a home use machine even if it turns out to be MorphOS compatible.
  • »13.07.21 - 09:56
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    May be! Bussinesmodels supports often more possibilities to communicate. Let us know about your try. Think the issue is SANE - if it works or not! Printing via PS should'nt be a problem.......
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »13.07.21 - 11:53