2021 - Your expectations
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > my PowerMac G5 has a 66MHz PCI slot that I can use for
    > Radeon PCI GFX cards

Beside the AGP slot, it has either 33 MHz PCI slots or 100/133 MHz PCI-X slots, depending on the exact model. In the former case, the 66 MHz PCI card would run underclocked to 33 MHz, while in the latter case, the 66 MHz PCI card would run at full speed with the 100/133 MHz PCI-X slot automatically being underclocked to 66 MHz.

> it now has an Apple 9600 PCI-X GFX card in it

This should be AGP.
  • »29.12.20 - 00:56
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Quote:

wicknix wrote:
    2) The updated SDK so i can start porting stuff.

What prevents you from doing that with the current SDK?
  • »29.12.20 - 02:07
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Cool_amigaN
    On a reasonable basis, I hope for shaders support on gfx front, hw accel. on sdl2 and updated ffmpeg so we can use aiostreams which supports many streaming services.

Far fetched dream would be Open/Libre Office and a significant update on the 64x port. I don't think that supporting even more PPC setups truly benefits and expands the user base, imo.

On a personal level, hope our combined efforts with jPV will become fruitful on the first days of January. Over the last months I have learned so much with his help and hope to still find time and develop some simple apps within 2021 which I have in mind, now that I am on fire :P
    Amiga gaming Tribute: Watch, rate, comment :)
  • »29.12.20 - 09:03
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    My expectations:

Most already mentioned. I think the situation of MorphOS is still surprisingly good. The OS gets supplied with steady updates and gets better and better. We got a new powerful browser. Things could be worse.
    My only major concern is the switch to x64. I know it's helluvalot of work, but the ppc machines are aging and in conjunction with massive web usage show their limited cpu power. Hence, my hope is to see some progress on x64.

And I hope to contribute to the software pool of MorphOS in 2021 more fequently than I did 2020.
    --
    http://www.via-altera.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »29.12.20 - 19:36
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    sailor
    Quote:

polluks wrote:
    MorphOS-ARM :-P

yes, please!

without mentioning again multicore and PPC64 support it will be nice for Pegasos2 users:

- third party Promise-SATA II driver ulsata2.device in boot.img
    - improved sata.device to recognize UDMA6=133MB/s and S.M.A.R.T, like AmigaOs sii3114ide.device

Anyway thank you for your work.
    Pegasos II 1.33GHz, AmigaOne X1000, Powermac G5 Quad, iMac G5, Powerbook G4 and Z10PE-D16 WS
    MorphOS, AmigaOS, Debian, Ubuntu, OSX, NetBSD, Win7 ;-)
  • »04.01.21 - 19:11