Login to GitLab account using Wayfarer
  • MDW
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MDW
    Posts: 311 from 2003/7/25
    From: Wroclaw/Poland
    Is a solution for login to GitLab account using Wayfarer (1.7)? If I click "Sign in", gitlab.com shows page "checking browser.." and... nothing. I changed spoofing but it didn't help.

    OWB also doesn't allow to login to the GitLab.
  • »29.11.20 - 23:55
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    polluks
    Posts: 580 from 2007/10/23
    From: Gelsenkirchen,...
    ACK:
    Wf:error:1] XMLHttpRequest cannot load https://gitlab.com/cdn-cgi/challenge-platform/h/g/generate/ov1/0.5104362788407395:1606770110:313542df431d662d6e43c8cc12358804e451604892a5faa6f6786a7903c9535b/5fa7b3b98babfaee/f4d58480d1e4b04 due to access control checks.
    Pegasos II G4: MorphOS 3.9, Zalman M220W · iMac G5 12,1
    Power Mac G3: OSX 10.3 · PowerBook 5,8: OSX 10.5, MorphOS 3.15
  • »30.11.20 - 20:37
    Profile
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Posts: 2259 from 2003/3/5
    From: Canada
    Quote:

    polluks wrote:
    ACK:
    Wf:error:1] XMLHttpRequest cannot load https://gitlab.com/cdn-cgi/challenge-platform/h/g/generate/ov1/0.5104362788407395:1606770110:313542df431d662d6e43c8cc12358804e451604892a5faa6f6786a7903c9535b/5fa7b3b98babfaee/f4d58480d1e4b04 due to access control checks.


    Nah, that's not it.
  • »01.12.20 - 14:07
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Posts: 2259 from 2003/3/5
    From: Canada
    Don't count on this working. What fails is the Cloudflare anti-DDOS browser check. Since it doesn't work on VoidPPC either, I'm guessing this is an endianness issue within the JavaScript (meaning the JavaScript code assumes the binary data it's processing to have in-memory little endian layout).
  • »01.12.20 - 19:00
    Profile Visit Website
  • MDW
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MDW
    Posts: 311 from 2003/7/25
    From: Wroclaw/Poland
    Quote:

    jacadcaps wrote:
    Don't count on this working. What fails is the Cloudflare anti-DDOS browser check. Since it doesn't work on VoidPPC either, I'm guessing this is an endianness issue within the JavaScript (meaning the JavaScript code assumes the binary data it's processing to have in-memory little endian layout).

    Really? Awful...
    I can't describe this implementation in English, I have to use Polish slang - "Ale lamerstwo, dosłownie żenada!". 😂
  • »02.12.20 - 13:23
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    koszer
    Posts: 1049 from 2004/2/8
    From: Poland
    Quote:

    MDW wrote:
    I can't describe this implementation in English, I have to use Polish slang - "Ale lamerstwo, dosłownie żenada!". 😂


    Try "this is so lame it's just embarassing".

    Maybe you could contact the GitLab staff about this issue? It's their site that's faulty after all.

    [ Edited by koszer 02.12.2020 - 15:50 ]
  • »02.12.20 - 14:46
    Profile
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Posts: 2259 from 2003/3/5
    From: Canada
    I'd likely be fixable if we managed to establish what exactly the code is doing. Sadly, it is heavily obfuscated. I've spent several hours trying to workaround this, but to no avail. With support from someone working at Cloudflare this would likely be trivial to figure out :/
  • »02.12.20 - 14:49
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Posts: 2259 from 2003/3/5
    From: Canada
    Quote:

    koszer wrote:
    Maybe you could contact the GitLab staff about this issue? After all it's their site that's faulty after all.


    It's their hosting provider's code though - Cloudflare. I've seen browser checks from other providers failing as well, unfortunately. Could be the same thing they're trying to query, but hard to know. We have a workaround for little-endian for Whatsapp, but there they're using an opensource component that loudly complains in the web console that it only works on little endian. Icky, but at least it's easy to figure out where to look. With heavily obfuscated browser checks you can mostly just guess. I've spent some time trying to see what the code is doing debugging MiniBrowser on OSX, but to no avail. The Cloudflare script actually makes OSX's WebKit crash quite often :)
  • »02.12.20 - 14:53
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    polluks
    Posts: 580 from 2007/10/23
    From: Gelsenkirchen,...
    At least TenFourFox works, it's little endian of course.
    Pegasos II G4: MorphOS 3.9, Zalman M220W · iMac G5 12,1
    Power Mac G3: OSX 10.3 · PowerBook 5,8: OSX 10.5, MorphOS 3.15
  • »03.12.20 - 11:30
    Profile
  • MDW
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MDW
    Posts: 311 from 2003/7/25
    From: Wroclaw/Poland
    Quote:

    koszer wrote:
    Try "this is so lame it's just embarassing".



    Thank you! I will remember this sentence. It is very useful in today's computer science world. :)

    Quote:

    koszer wrote:
    Maybe you could contact the GitLab staff about this issue? It's their site that's faulty after all.

    It is good idea. I was going to report the bug. However when I opened support page of GitLab I felt very lost/confused. :) ;) I am going to back to this...

    [ Edited by MDW 03.12.2020 - 16:05 ]
  • »03.12.20 - 15:05
    Profile Visit Website