Printing on Multifunction Epson Printer
  • Just looking around
    Hi ,

As anyone has tried to install mutlifunction Espon printer on morphos ?

I have tried to do but no success, the device is identified as a MFP
    and the class linked are printer.calss and massstorage.class.

I have used Printers with inkjet peson driver i have also try with Epson stylus photo new with no result.

Any idea ?

Thanks
  • »25.10.20 - 09:49
  • MorphOS Developer
    zukow
    Have you read:
    https://library.morph.zone/Print_System ?

escpr printers should work. Which printer do you have? You can use search driver and there is chance that driver will be found automatically.
  • »25.10.20 - 09:57
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    It is an RX620 combo with scanner and printer
  • »25.10.20 - 10:04
  • Just looking around
    I have already read the french translation i have checked it is the same

When i open the printers preferences and try to find the driver using find driver in drivers nothing is working

to add a driver manually i have not the PPD file ans doesn't know where to find the file for an epson printer ?
  • »25.10.20 - 10:13
  • MorphOS Developer
    zukow
    Ok, this printer needs closed source library only for x64 (and different cups driver - pips), so i cant make a driver for it.
  • »25.10.20 - 12:31
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    If you were to save a document as a PDF from a MorphOS program, use VPDF to save it all as an image. e.g. jpg, at whatever resolution can be saved at, then copy the image(s) to a supported memory card for the Epson RX620 then use the Epson RX620 to print that from the memory card using it as a standalone printer/scanner/memory card image processing device - would that work sufficiently well for you with MorphOS? :-? It's just an option to use it, though not as a connected printer though.

It would allow you to use it with MorphOS, but it would not have an actual printer driver, as Zukow has already said it uses a printer driver that he sadly cannot support with our current printing system. Nice printer/scanner/etc. though. ;-)
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »25.10.20 - 13:07
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Brumiga
    Hello Gordini21,

Go to epson download center, http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/search/01/search/?OSC=LX . There you type the name of your printer, rx620, choose linux, click on the little magnifying glass. When you get a list of the products click on the first or the second link. A new window opens, click on 'accept' then you get some archives. Choose the first one 'pips-sprx620_630s-2.6.2.tar.gz' and download it. Then under linux, ubuntu for me, open it with 'download manager'. Inside the unarchived drawer there is one named ppd and then the file 'eksprx620_630s.ppd'.

I just hope that my little tutorial will help you to use your epson mulfonction printer, or only the printer part, under morphos.

Brumiga
  • »25.10.20 - 14:25
  • Just looking around
    thanks brumiga
    i will try that and update you if it works or not .
  • »25.10.20 - 14:38
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    If that ends up being a CUPS useable PPD file, that can be used with MorphOS, it might be an idea to upload it to MorphOS-Storage, for others to access far more readily.

It also looks like the scanner built-in to that device is also compatible with the Epson 1640SU scanner, so it may be useable with SCANdal on MorphOS, worth trying that as well I suppose. Could be a great all-in-one solution for MorphOS. 8-D
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »25.10.20 - 16:27
  • Just looking around
    first return
    not working directly i have the message that the ppd need a CUPS filter named rastertopips and required i have installed teh filter or if i want to test without.
    it seems to not works without the print start and nothing happen on the printer but maybe i could have made an error
    the outpaht is set to USBPAR:
    I have copied ANETFS0 in DEVS:Dosdrivers

so i think that all is weel done but the issue is with the filter maybe i need to build another .ppd with all the filters on Linux ?
  • »25.10.20 - 17:02
  • MorphOS Developer
    zukow
    Bah, as i said, it won't run! as rastertopips (which is opensource) requires library which is not opensource.

btw. You can try scanning, it may work in Scandal and epson2.device
  • »25.10.20 - 18:18
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

gordini21 wrote: first return ... not working directly i have the message that the ppd need a CUPS filter named rastertopips and required i have installed the filter or if i want to test without. It seems not to work without the print start and nothing happens on the printer but maybe i could have made an error - the output is set to USBPAR: - I have copied ANETFS0 in DEVS:DOSdrivers

So, I think that all is well done but the issue is with the filter. Maybe I need to build another .ppd with all the filters on Linux ?

There is a ReadMe explanation page on Epson's LINUX support pages for the RX620/630, - to convert PIPS to CUPS driver, which explains the process in full detail, though I'm not sure if you'd seen this readme, but utilising Linux will this create a converted CUPS .ppd file for the printer, or is this what you've already done, and it still needs the rastertopips filter to make it work? :-?
  • »26.10.20 - 00:25
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    KennyR
    If it's one of the Epsons that support it, you may just have to email jpgs and pdfs to it and that's the best you can do.
  • »26.10.20 - 19:57