New Modern Webkit-based Browser In Development
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Yes, afair we have IBM to thank for breaking ffmpeg. Anyway, a similar patch is part of Wayfarer's ffmpeg build already.
  • »21.04.21 - 19:09
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    Piru
    Quote:

ernsteiswuerfel wrote:
    Altivec seems to have other problems too in current code (see here). But looks like at least for the 'yuv2rgb_altivec.c'-part this fix probably works.

ffmpeg on Wayfarer is not affected as I chose to selectively revert to older code, not yet messed up by these changes.

However, the current issue is rather that the whole ffmpeg is built with the -maltivec flag, resulting in binary that uses altivec only opcodes even for parts that don't even use altivec per se. This is rather idiotic, considering the code itself has provisions to dynamically check for altivec and use altivec parts only when the unit is available.

Unfortunately this doesn't work with modern gcc versions since they like to plaster vrsave all over the place. The fix requires arduous separation of source code components that actually use altivec and building only them with -maltivec.
  • »21.04.21 - 20:32
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    ernsteiswuerfel
    Quote:

Piru schrieb:
    Unfortunately this doesn't work with modern gcc versions since they like to plaster vrsave all over the place. The fix requires arduous separation of source code components that actually use altivec and building only them with -maltivec.

D'oh, this really sounds like very very tedious work... :-(
    Talos II. [Gentoo Linux] | PMac G5 11,2. PMac G4 3,6. PBook G4 5,8. [MorphOS 3.18 / Gentoo Linux] | Vampire V4 SA [ApolloOS / Amiga OS 3.2.2]
  • »22.04.21 - 01:18
    Cego
    Thanks a lot for this great browser! I've been tinkering around with it for a while now. Sadly it quite often occurs that Wayfarer won't start after it has been run for the first time.
    The loader splashscreen appears and vanishes with a red flash in the titlebar.
    I guess it has something to do with the available memory? It sometimes helps to delete the caches, but with v1.14 that wont help neither.

I am using it on a Peg2 with 1GHz and 1GB Ram.
    Pegasos II G4 @1.0GHz, 1GB DDR Ram, Radeon 9200Pro, 240GB SSD+160GB HD, MorphOS 3.18, AmigaOS4.1 FE, Debian 8
  • »23.04.21 - 21:18
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

Cego wrote: [... The loader splashscreen appears and vanishes with a red flash in the titlebar.]

I am using it on a Peg2 with 1GHz and 1GB Ram.

I have reported this error to jacadcaps already - the error *flash* and an error "clang" sound (that's my choice) as I have error sounds set to offer warnings on errors within the system.

I am not sure if it is RAM related, as to fix it I only needed to delete the old installation and copy a new download with any saved settings/cache/cURL, etc., replaced to get it working again.

This issue has happened twice to me, and I am glad someone else has suffered the same issue to confirm it was not just my system, and not me alone that was experiencing this issue, not that I am glad you have had to suffer this issue, but it does show it is an error that can be recreated, corroborated by other user(s). So thanks for reporting it here.

@ jacadcaps - I'm not trying to be a "party-pooper" here but I am experiencing barely any "video utopia" here with virtually any site, no matter what settings I select/save with v1.14.

My MacMini seems to be downloading the data for a video from a website, as the data activity on my broadband is showing that, but the data transfer does not create any video on screen, so the data is going onto my system, but it never materialises into actual video images.

I even had the Task Manager showing that the WebKitCryptoQueue had 24 threads running at one time, with one webpage/tab open trying to load a video and there was no video shown, just a busy rotating busy pointer - how is that possible? :-?
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »24.04.21 - 00:30
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    NewSense, there's a reason why video playback features are marked as experimental. My only focus right now is on Youtube. For reasons already mentioned countless of times I am unable to support BBC so your iPlayer problems are likely here to stay. I am aware of a few other regressions, they are sure to be fixed eventually.

WebKitCryptoQueue is unrelated to video playback.
  • »24.04.21 - 15:01
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote: NewSense, there's a reason why video playback features are marked as experimental.

I understnd this, and am happy to be patient on this topic, I know you have done so much already, it just seems to need to be said as I have no idea what has been reported to you, as I don't have access to your "To-Do-List", as I've said before.
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote: My only focus right now is on Youtube.

OK, I'll bear that in mind, and thanks for identifying your current focus for Wayfarer's video capabilities.
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote: For reasons already mentioned countless of times I am unable to support BBC so your iPlayer problems are likely here to stay.

Don't think that/far from it, I am impressed that iPlayer is working at all, but I feel when you get more fixed for other sites then the iPlayer will work better as well.

In fact, it's working better than Formula1.com currently is, and I'd like to see the F1 website improved also, obviously, as that's more mainstream worldwide than the BBC website, so probably of more interest to other users as well, that aren't in the UK-GB and have access to the BBC sections that non-residents can't access anyway. 8-)
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote: I am aware of a few other regressions, they are sure to be fixed eventually.

OK, I know you're busy on resolving these issues. I just didn't want to let an issue slip past that might be relevant, that's all.
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote: WebKitCryptoQueue is unrelated to video playback.

I am aware of that, it is the fact that Wayfarer had opened 24 threads as multiple tasks, and there was only one tab open!
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »24.04.21 - 18:33
  • IKE
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    IKE
    I noticed I cannot login to YouTube from the webpage, but can login from the main Google webpage. Anyone else notice this?
    IKE

MacMini G4 1.5Ghz/PowerBook G4 1.67Ghz/PowerMac G5 2.0Ghz DP 7,2 Radeon 9650/256MB

Join the conversation @ r/morphos
  • »24.04.21 - 23:56
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    vulture
    Quote:

IKE wrote:
    I noticed I cannot login to YouTube from the webpage, but can login from the main Google webpage. Anyone else notice this?

Yes, that's what happens here too
    Also m.youtube (Safari/iPad spoof) resolutions seems to be capped at 360p or could be that I'm doing something wrong.

[ Edited by vulture 25.04.2021 - 11:49 ]
  • »25.04.21 - 09:48
    ernsteiswuerfel
    Quote:

vulture schrieb:
    Yes, that's what happens here too
    Also m.youtube (Safari/iPad spoof) resolutions seems to be capped at 360p or could be that I'm doing something wrong.

This seems to depend on the specific youtube video. E.g. for the Channel 'ExplainingComputers' I can select 720p, for other stuff I can only select 480p. On the other hand 'ExplainingComputers' certainly does 1080p too.

Probably this may be due to some video formats (h264, vp9, dav1d) not being available in all resolutions or the mobile version of the page is limited to <1080p? But don't know for sure as I did not test it out, only making wild assumptions. ;-)
    Talos II. [Gentoo Linux] | PMac G5 11,2. PMac G4 3,6. PBook G4 5,8. [MorphOS 3.18 / Gentoo Linux] | Vampire V4 SA [ApolloOS / Amiga OS 3.2.2]
  • »25.04.21 - 11:41
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Wayfarer 1.15 is now out!

This version brings multiple media playback improvements, including seeking, stream quality changes, HLS video support fixes. We've also made it possible to play videos on machines not equipped with Altivec.
  • »30.04.21 - 14:16
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > Good news for X5000, Efika, Sam460 owners

…as well as those of Pegasos I/II with G3 :-)
  • »30.04.21 - 15:19
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Mozzerfan
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!

THANK YOU Jaca !!! Made a small donation to show my appreciation.
  • »30.04.21 - 15:27
  • K-L
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    K-L
    Thanks.

Unfortunatley, I cannot select anymore 720p on YouTube with any video. All videos are stuck at 360p.

I'm spoofing as iPad. With 1.14, I can select between two formats : 360p and 720p. Now only 360p is proposed.
    PowerMac G5 2,7 Ghz / Radeon 9650 / MorphOS 3.15
    AmigaOne X1000 (unused ATM)
  • »30.04.21 - 18:25
    Stevo
    Impressive stuff and impressive update speed!
    ---
    http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/logs/its_only_football.txt
  • »30.04.21 - 19:22
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Quote:

K-L wrote:
    I'm spoofing as iPad. With 1.14, I can select between two formats : 360p and 720p. Now only 360p is proposed.

Spoof as something else, enable Media Source.
  • »30.04.21 - 20:10
    Profile Visit Website
    Cego
    any plans on supporting Proxy?
    Pegasos II G4 @1.0GHz, 1GB DDR Ram, Radeon 9200Pro, 240GB SSD+160GB HD, MorphOS 3.18, AmigaOS4.1 FE, Debian 8
  • »30.04.21 - 21:03
  • K-L
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    K-L
    Quote:

jacadcaps a écrit :
    Spoof as something else, enable Media Source.

Ah. Some time ago, we were told to spoof as iPad. So did I. I'll try to spoof as a much slower browser.

Media Source is already enabled.

Edited : I spoofed as Safari, which loads the way heavier desktop version of YouTube. Video can be played in 720p but everything is too slow (YouTube website loading, playing video which uses a lot more CPU than it used to with the iPad version, videos struggling to start ot not displaying, and so on...).

Too bad:I deleted the 1.14 version of WayFarer. Otherwise I would have reverted to this one since i could play 720p YT videos in a really smooth way thanks to Safari/iPad spoofing. Desktop version of YouTube is too huge, even for a G5 at 2,7 Ghz and playing video has once again become really painful.

[ Edité par K-L 01.05.2021 - 00:17 ]
    PowerMac G5 2,7 Ghz / Radeon 9650 / MorphOS 3.15
    AmigaOne X1000 (unused ATM)
  • »30.04.21 - 22:49
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Off to not so good a great start with v1.15 - tried formula1.com - all options tried have failed to load any video. Audio works OK on audio files (Team Radio), but the video play only gets to click on the "Play" triangle, then I get a continuous "loop loading" graphic (commonly used for most websites), and no video.

Just tried BBC iPlayer and as the video started to load, after the Media file (audio) download request, then Wayfarer "Crashed" - that's my first try with v1.15, sadly there does not seem to be any improvement with this version compared to v1.12 when video worked better, well it actually displayed a video with sound, on formula1.com, and v1.12 also worked better on iPlayer than v1.15 - thus far. I'll keep testing/updating, probably via Crash reports, sadly.

The crash showed the Acineralla video player had "Frozen". I cannot send the Crash report as it has locked up the whole requester save mechanism of the filesystem, even the Crash report failed to Send, so I am having to report this information via OWB v1.25

I know you said your focus is on YouTube, but I thought you should know about these sites as well, as Formula1.com is a mainstream worldwide accessible sport interest website, and the BBC site is used a lot in the UK-GB.
  • »30.04.21 - 23:31
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Zetec-s
    Firstly thanks for another update.

I've just installed it on my G5 and initial impressions are that its not as responsive as 1.14.

I've had the same issue that most videos only want to run at 360p on YT when spoofing as iPad, whilst when I spoof as something else the whole experience slows down.

I've reverted to 1.14 and it definitely loads video quicker and seems less processor intensive (although I haven't looked in detail).

[ Edited by Zetec-s 30.04.2021 - 23:42 ]
    PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5Ghz/2GB MorphOS 3.18 Registered
    Powerbook 1.67Ghz/1.5GB MorphOS 3.18 Registered
    MacMini 1.5Ghz/1GB MorphOS 3.18 Registered
    Efika 5200B 400Mhz/128MB MorphOS 2.3 Registered
  • »30.04.21 - 23:36
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    Wow - quite much more is working now: videos on n-tv,de, the zdf.de mediathek (albeit too slow!). Really nice, but we need more cpu grunt...
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »30.04.21 - 23:56
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Make sure VP9 is off if YT is taking up too much CPU. You can set that in Settings > Media > VP9 codec support.

[ Edited by jacadcaps 01.05.2021 - 02:35 ]
  • »01.05.21 - 00:46
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Quote:

NewSense wrote:
    The crash showed the Acineralla video player had "Frozen". I cannot send the Crash report as it has locked up the whole requester save mechanism of the filesystem, even the Crash report failed to Send, so I am having to report this information via OWB v1.25

This is now fixed.

Quote:

I know you said your focus is on YouTube, but I thought you should know about these sites as well, as Formula1.com is a mainstream worldwide accessible sport interest website, and the BBC site is used a lot in the UK-GB.

Formula1.com is too slow even on my 2.3GHz G5. It's serving very demanding high-bitrate streams. It won't work on a mini, period.
  • »01.05.21 - 01:28
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Wayfarer 1.16 is now out. Fixes a crash in video decoder and disables screensaver when playing video.
  • »01.05.21 - 01:29
    Profile Visit Website