ImageFX CD
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    _coliN_
    Hello!

I don ´t know if my problem is right here:
    I use ImageFX 4.5 very often on my Pegasos. but now my harddisk crashed, and the Original-Cd, which I bought 10 years ago as a Superbundle-user at NovaDesign, doesnt work on my computer. I have tried to read the Cd on other PCs without success.

Has anyone a working CD of the program, that he can send me an Iso image? I have tried to get contact to the A-Eon people with my problem. But I get NO reply.

I can show the bill of purchase for the Iso-copy.....

Greetings!

Boris
  • »10.05.19 - 21:25
  • rob
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    rob
    Quote:

_coliN_ wrote:
    Hello!

I don ´t know if my problem is right here:
    I use ImageFX 4.5 very often on my Pegasos. but now my harddisk crashed, and the Original-Cd, which I bought 10 years ago as a Superbundle-user at NovaDesign, doesnt work on my computer. I have tried to read the Cd on other PCs without success.

Has anyone a working CD of the program, that he can send me an Iso image? I have tried to get contact to the A-Eon people with my problem. But I get NO reply.

I can show the bill of purchase for the Iso-copy.....

Greetings!

Boris

It might be worth phoning Amigakit if that's convenient or possibly contacting Trevor directly to see if can get it sorted out.

In the mean time this may be sufficient for your purposes.

http://os4depot.net/index.php?function=showfile&file=graphics/edit/ifx.lha
  • »11.05.19 - 00:42
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    _coliN_
    I don ´t know how to contact Mr. Dickinson directly. Only by the contact formular on the A-eon page.... Sad about that lazy support methods... Don ´t want to register on facebook for such a purpose.

No one here with a valid copy?
  • »13.05.19 - 10:39
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    _coliN_
    Hello all!

Feedback of my problem: nothing happens after sending several emails to the support of A-eon.

It is very sad, what is going on within the Amiga-world, and how the existing user are handled...

I gave up for contacting Mr. Dickinson. Probably it is easier to write boring blogs and touring around the world, to make the people suppose, there is a development and future in the Amiga world.....

Sad to get no support.....
  • »01.09.19 - 15:21
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    KennyR
    "You can find the answer in the next edition of Amiga Future." - Trevor
  • »01.09.19 - 15:46
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

_coliN_ wrote:
    Hello all!

Feedback of my problem: nothing happens after sending several emails to the support of A-eon.

It is very sad, what is going on within the Amiga-world, and how the existing user are handled...

I gave up for contacting Mr. Dickinson. Probably it is easier to write boring blogs and touring around the world, to make the people suppose, there is a development and future in the Amiga world.....

Sad to get no support.....

I understand your sadness about the state of the Amiga community, but don't understand your attitude. You don't seem to understand that there aren't any companies that do Amiga business of any kind any more, just a few enthusiasts who try to keep the community going as best they can. As far as I know, the only employees that A-Eon has is Trevor himself, and a few dedicated programmers who work on a contract basis, so who do you think is going to do all of this "customer support" that you are complaining about? You expect Trevor to drop what ever he is doing and reply to every email that is sent to A-Eon? I agree that some kind of support should be offered to customers buying A-Eon products, and I think that customers do get support, but you haven't bought anything from A-Eon yet it seems.

Try writing to the developer of some game you bought for your Amiga back in 1987 and see if they reply. Sorry for the harsh tone of this message, but I'm just trying to point out that your attitude regarding support for ImageFX4.5 and your faulty CD from many, many years ago is ridiculously over optimistic. Getting angry toward the person or company who now is trying to get programmers to update your ImageFX program does not help anyone, specially yourself. I think I have the same CD that you have stored somewhere, and if I can find it, I'll see if I can create an ISO image of it. If I can, then I'll ask Trevor for permission to send you a copy of the ISO. So, going on forum sites and insulting Trevor probably isn't in your best interest, is it?
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »01.09.19 - 15:57
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    _coliN_
    Quote:

amigadave wrote:
    Quote:

_coliN_ wrote:

I understand your sadness about the state of the Amiga community, but don't understand your attitude. You don't seem to understand that there aren't any companies that do Amiga business of any kind any more, just a few enthusiasts who try to keep the community going as best they can. As far as I know, the only employees that A-Eon has is Trevor himself, and a few dedicated programmers who work on a contract basis, so who do you think is going to do all of this "customer support" that you are complaining about? You expect Trevor to drop what ever he is doing and reply to every email that is sent to A-Eon? I agree that some kind of support should be offered to customers buying A-Eon products, and I think that customers do get support, but you haven't bought anything from A-Eon yet it seems.

Try writing to the developer of some game you bought for your Amiga back in 1987 and see if they reply. Sorry for the harsh tone of this message, but I'm just trying to point out that your attitude regarding support for ImageFX4.5 and your faulty CD from many, many years ago is ridiculously over optimistic. Getting angry toward the person or company who now is trying to get programmers to update your ImageFX program does not help anyone, specially yourself. I think I have the same CD that you have stored somewhere, and if I can find it, I'll see if I can create an ISO image of it. If I can, then I'll ask Trevor for permission to send you a copy of the ISO. So, going on forum sites and insulting Trevor probably isn't in your best interest, is it?

Hi!

Okay, my message sounds perhaps a bit hard and I really dont want to be angry about people, that I dont know in real.
    But there are still a lot of useful programs, which are to purchase or in a „dead“ ownership, and where there is no support. A better example than ImageFX is Pagestream. I can still buy it on the homepage, but no work or updates or answers at support. Nothing.
    ImageFX is old, but it lies two years in the past, A-eon got the rights for the software, and the A-eon page has a special section for ImageFX, even its empty. When ElectronicArts would list Test Drive II on their homepage, I also would expect to get support for that old game. Or even the answer of the owner, that I am really crazy to ask for support. But to get nothing as reply, makes me more bit angry...

Nice evening!

Boris
  • »01.09.19 - 18:18
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

_coliN_ wrote:
    Hi!

Okay, my message sounds perhaps a bit hard and I really dont want to be angry about people, that I dont know in real.
    But there are still a lot of useful programs, which are to purchase or in a „dead“ ownership, and where there is no support. A better example than ImageFX is Pagestream. I can still buy it on the homepage, but no work or updates or answers at support. Nothing.
    ImageFX is old, but it lies two years in the past, A-eon got the rights for the software, and the A-eon page has a special section for ImageFX, even its empty. When ElectronicArts would list Test Drive II on their homepage, I also would expect to get support for that old game. Or even the answer of the owner, that I am really crazy to ask for support. But to get nothing as reply, makes me more bit angry...

Nice evening!

Boris

Again, to compare ElectronicArts to A-Eon, a company run by one or two people, creating products for a hobby community of a few hundred active, to a couple thousand partially active users, is not a fair comparison. Go ahead and be angry that Trevor or Matthew have not bothered to answer your request for support on a product you did not buy from them, but instead bought from the previous owner of the IP. Your CD went bad, I don't see how that is Trevor's or Matthew's problem. Find another CD to buy, or ask when A-Eon will be selling a newer version of ImageFX and be angry that you don't get a reply (because they probably don't know when a new version will be updated and released, if they don't have any programmers willing to work on it). There are many, many distributors of software who do NOT replace CD's of their software, once the original CD has gone bad for some reason. Some do, if you register your software with their company, but I don't see ImageFX as being one of those, since it is old, and has changed ownership, but maybe if you tried contacting Amiga-Kit, and asked Matthew Leaman, who is also a partner in A-Eon, he will try to help you out.

I'm just saying that getting angry and complaining on a forum site is not the right way to resolve your problem.

Edit: If you read my first reply to you, I said that I understand why anyone would be sad about the current state of marketing and products available to the Amiga community (though things are better now than they have been in past years), but getting angry toward the people who are actually doing something to make it better by spending their money to create new products and software, does not help make anything better. Even if I don't agree with all of the decisions made by Trevor and A-Eon, I give him great credit for his efforts and willingness to risk tens of thousands of dollars (if not hundreds of thousands), trying to create new hardware and software for this tiny community to use. I give credit to people who are doing something more than just complain on forum sites.

[ Edited by amigadave 01.09.2019 - 11:41 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »01.09.19 - 19:34
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > As far as I know, the only employees that A-Eon has is Trevor himself,
    > and a few dedicated programmers who work on a contract basis

I'd say that while A-Eon shareholder and director Matthew Leaman is an A-Eon employee, A-Eon shareholder Trevor Dickinson is not.
  • »01.09.19 - 23:32
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > ImageFX is old, but it lies two years in the past, A-eon got
    > the rights for the software

More like 4½ years ago :-)
  • »01.09.19 - 23:43