Chrysalis 3.9 Help
  • Just looking around
    AvatharV
    I am just getting back into Amiga/Morphos after years of not using.

I got my G4 Powerbook and installed 3.9, then the Chrysalis packages (3.9.2 & 3.9.4, I think) then I upgraded to 3.10 & finally to 3.11.

I am a bit OCD and don't like all my programs being under Applications. I moved the directories slightly.. from SYS:Applications/Network to SYS:Network, etc. I realize this is going to affect my assigns and I was prepared to fix that.

The problem is that when I boot, I get popups complaining that several of the paths are wrong (and I realize that), but I can't find where in MorphOS to fix this. They are not listed in startup-sequence or User-startup, so they can't be listed incorrectly there. I didn't see anything in ENV: pointing to the wrong folders either.

They are clearly being called for somewhere else in bootup, but I can't find where.

The ones I recall are AmiSSL, MUIBase, & gc.

I have corrected all the dropdown menu items and looked through the MIME types.. but not found these few.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

-AV
    -------
    Powerbook G4 1.67Ghz, 2G RAM, 110GB HD, MorphOS 3.10
    Mac Mini G4, 1 G RAM, MorphOS 3.8
    PowerMac G5, 1.8G, 4G RAM, MorphOS 3.10 (one day)
  • »27.07.18 - 18:14
  • Just looking around
    I have tried mounting the chrysalys iso and tried installing, it says you have to have MorphOS to be able to install, but I am running it on MorphOS...
  • »27.07.18 - 22:23
  • Just looking around
    AvatharV
    No offense to the compilers of the package... but it really irritated me that after just getting back into the Amiga/MorphOS around 3.10.. I wouldn't be able to use the package. Then I decided it would be easier to blow away my current install and re-install a fresh 3.9 to use the package.

I know there is a lot of configuration that went into the package, but it is still frustrating regardless.
    -------
  • »28.07.18 - 01:15
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

AvatharV wrote: The ones I recall are AmiSSL, MUIBase, & gc.

MUIbase, AmiSSL are in the usual place - Sys:S/user-startup (script/text file)

and each section is below and how it should read - until the assigns need amending:

;BEGIN MUIbase
    C:Assign <>NIL: "MUIbase:" "System:Applications/MUIbase"
    ;END MUIbase

;BEGIN AmiSSL
    Assign AmiSSL: "SYS:AmiSSL"
    If Exists AmiSSL:Libs
    Assign LIBS: AmiSSL:Libs ADD
    EndIf
    Path AmiSSL: ADD
    ;END AmiSSL

I don't know about gc, are you sure that's correct? :-?

The GG: environment is setup through the flowshell-startup script/textfile, if that's the one you need to find 8-D
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »28.07.18 - 03:53
  • Just looking around
    AvatharV
    I think the gc: might have been gs: (now that I think of it).. probably Ghostscript.

Where I appreciate the assign information, I don't think that is the problem. There are no assigns for these particular programs, yet something is calling them somewhere in the startup process and looking for the old path.

Something is specifically looking for MUIBase in the wrong location and grumbling about it in startup. I moved many many applications from SYS:Applications to other folders and only these few are complaining.

I looked through MIME settings and didn't see the entries in there. Granted, there are a ton, and I might have missed them, but where else would things execute from?
    -------
  • »30.07.18 - 18:51
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Usually, programs startup either via scripts (S: directories - there are 2 - one in MOSSYS:S (ADVICE: Do Not Edit The One In MOSSYS: At All) and one in SYS:S - which is where the user-startup (Script) is triggered from) or via the WBStartup directory. If the MUIbase executable is in the WBStartup directory then that could be where the issue lies, but I feel that the likelihood of that is remote/unlikely. Though other programs can be started and then call the program's start from within their own process. These programs that I refer to would normally be started via/through Ambient. Though initial bootup is another matter entirely, which I don't think is where your issue lies anyway.
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »30.07.18 - 20:59
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    Quote:

rapidcyclist a écrit :
    I have tried mounting the chrysalys iso and tried installing, it says you have to have MorphOS to be able to install, but I am running it on MorphOS...

Hi rapidcyclist,
    Chrysalis 3.9 is an old pack destinated to MorphOS 3.9.
    I'm working on a new pack for MorphOS 3.11.
  • »30.07.18 - 21:17
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    Quote:

AvatharV a écrit :
    I think the gc: might have been gs: (now that I think of it).. probably Ghostscript.

Where I appreciate the assign information, I don't think that is the problem. There are no assigns for these particular programs, yet something is calling them somewhere in the startup process and looking for the old path.

Something is specifically looking for MUIBase in the wrong location and grumbling about it in startup. I moved many many applications from SYS:Applications to other folders and only these few are complaining.

I looked through MIME settings and didn't see the entries in there. Granted, there are a ton, and I might have missed them, but where else would things execute from?

Hello AvatharV,

You will find your assigns in "startup-script" file into sys:wbstartup/.
  • »30.07.18 - 21:21
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    AvatharV
    Thank you Papiosaur, that was exactly what I was missing. I thought that add-startup program in WBStartup did something different.

Once you said that and I opened the file.. BAM! There were the entries I was looking for!

Thanks again.
    -------
  • »31.07.18 - 19:29
  • Just looking around
    AvatharV
    Quote:

Papiosaur wrote:

I'm working on a new pack for MorphOS 3.11.

Please don't have it require a fresh 3.11 install. That would be a pain. I am (obviously) just getting my 3.11 to where I want it.
    -------
  • »31.07.18 - 19:31