Iris - An upcoming E-Mail client blog
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    I’ve thought about sqlite and decided against it mostly due to increased memory footprint - the string caching Iris uses would not have worked.

As for releasing before 3.10 - that is unlikely to happen. Iris is written in ObjectiveC++ which would require extra hacks to work with 3.9 and has many other dependencies...

[ Edited by jacadcaps 29.12.2017 - 08:21 ]
  • »29.12.17 - 13:21
    Profile Visit Website
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    zbysiuk
    Yes, I understend it perfectly, what I ment is, that you finished Ires befor we get new OS :)

BTW, you claimed, most of your programing work is done in MorphOS enviroment - Iris too?
  • »30.12.17 - 13:51
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Quote:

BTW, you claimed, most of your programing work is done in MorphOS enviroment - Iris too?

I'm doing almost everything on my PowerBooks these days. SDKs are done on a G5. All Odyssey related work I do on a Xeon box.
  • »30.12.17 - 14:31
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Incremental synchronization for IMAP is working now - meaning new message headers are automatically synced and the flags of old messages refreshed when visiting a folder. That also means Iris removes messages no longer present on the server.

I've had to do a little bit of refactoring here and there, which set me back a couple of evenings, but now I'm on track to implement sorting and filtering in the next couple of days.

A word about memory requirements: HTML viewing / editing will not work on Efika, that one is for sure.

[ Edited by jacadcaps 08.01.2018 - 07:16 ]
  • »08.01.18 - 12:15
    Profile Visit Website