FS: G4 17" Powerbook
  • esc
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    esc
    Hey guys,

I have a G4 powerbook, 17", Radeon 9700, with 2gb RAM and an SSD.

This comes with a morphos license.

This is set up to quad-boot either Lubuntu (with absolute best radeon configuration possible, wasn't easy to configure), MorphOS, or one of two versions of OSX. I can't remember the precise versions of OSX. I remember one is the final supported one for PPC hardware, and one was the final version that included OS9 Classic mode for applications.

I'd like $200 plus shipping. I dumped a lot of money into this and it works and looks great. No major flaws. Everything on this computer works well. The battery holds a charge.
  • »29.11.17 - 19:37
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    Fogg_80
    You are in USA? If yes, I think shipping to Italy is expensive, how much? Thanks
    Stile Ubuntu
    Sorry for my bad english.
  • »29.11.17 - 21:29
  • esc
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    esc
    It would likely be $50 to $100 to ship, but there are wildly varying estimates. I went to https://www.myus.com/pricing/calculate-shipping/ and selected Italy, weight of 10 pounds, and the prices vary.
  • »29.11.17 - 23:35
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

esc wrote:
    Hey guys,

I have a G4 powerbook, 17", Radeon 9700, with 2gb RAM and an SSD.

This comes with a morphos license.

This is set up to quad-boot either Lubuntu (with absolute best radeon configuration possible, wasn't easy to configure), MorphOS, or one of two versions of OSX. I can't remember the precise versions of OSX. I remember one is the final supported one for PPC hardware, and one was the final version that included OS9 Classic mode for applications.

I'd like $200 plus shipping. I dumped a lot of money into this and it works and looks great. No major flaws. Everything on this computer works well. The battery holds a charge.

What size is the SSD? Is there enough room on it for more software, after the 4 OSes are installed?

I have the exact same 17" PowerBook and would be willing to buy an SSD that is the same size and make as yours, if you could clone your SSD onto the new one and ship it to me, so I could plug it into my PowerBook and enjoy the quad boot. I would have to copy and replace the MorphOS key file with mine, but wonder if there would be any other changes I would have to make to the SSD drive, to make it work in a different 17" G4 PowerBook. My PowerBook has the high resolution LCD, and was the last model of PowerBook made for G4 PPC's.

Thanks,
    AmigaDave
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »30.11.17 - 00:12
  • esc
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    esc
    I bought this one: https://eshop.macsales.com/shop/SSD/OWC/Mercury_Legacy_Pro

I opted for the 480gb one. This is overkill, there is no reason to have so much space. :)

We could probably find a way to clone the drive, but I can't help but think installing this all from scratch will actually be faster and more rewarding?
  • »30.11.17 - 00:56
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

esc wrote:
    I bought this one: https://eshop.macsales.com/shop/SSD/OWC/Mercury_Legacy_Pro

I opted for the 480gb one. This is overkill, there is no reason to have so much space. :)

We could probably find a way to clone the drive, but I can't help but think installing this all from scratch will actually be faster and more rewarding?

It would only be more satisfying "IF" I could do it successfully, and "IF" it didn't take me several attempts, and dozens of hours of trial and error, to reach the final result.

I just figured that it would be better to get a clone of your drive, and not try to duplicate something that you have already been successful at. I am not a regular Linux user, but the more I use and get dissatisfied with Windows, the more I want to switch to using Linux for all the computing things that I can't get done easily or quick enough, on MorphOS. That, and the fact that MacOSX10.5.8 is not really much better than trying to do everything on MorphOS3.9, with MorphOS3.9 actually being faster and better at some tasks.

If you think it is too much hassle for you to backup or clone the entire contents of your SSD, and then copy it successfully to a new SSD, I'll be forced to try to replicate your work, but I'm always trying to do things the easy way, if available to me.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »02.12.17 - 01:27
  • esc
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    esc
    Price now $150 plus shipping, prefer US buyer :)
  • »05.12.17 - 20:19
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    WeiXing3D
    Quote:

esc wrote:
    Price now $150 plus shipping, prefer US buyer :)

I know this is crazy since I just picked up your PowerMac G5 this morning, but if you don't mind waiting for me to come back from a business trip starting this week (returning on Dec 16), I'd be interested in buying and picking it up. Please let me know if OK with you.

Sending PM too. :)
    MacMini G4 1.5GHz with MorphOS 3.9 FPGA MiST w/AmigaOS 3.9 (PFS3), FPGA Replay w/AmigaOS3.9, Amiga 1200 SCSI CD-RW, X-SURF 100 w/Rapidroad USB, External FDD with Chinon and Gotek units and Acer Aspire One ICAROS
  • »06.12.17 - 00:04
  • esc
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    esc
    Yep, totally fine! Held for WeiXing3D.
  • »06.12.17 - 05:30
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    polluks
    I would pay $150 for just the SSD!
    Pegasos II G4: MorphOS 3.9, Zalman M220W · iMac G5 12,1 17", MorphOS 3.18
    Power Mac G3: OSX 10.3 · PowerBook 5,8: OSX 10.5, MorphOS 3.18
  • »08.12.17 - 14:01
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    WeiXing3D
    Quote:

esc wrote:
    Yep, totally fine! Held for WeiXing3D.

Thank you. Please let me know what date the week of December 18th works for you.
    MacMini G4 1.5GHz with MorphOS 3.9 FPGA MiST w/AmigaOS 3.9 (PFS3), FPGA Replay w/AmigaOS3.9, Amiga 1200 SCSI CD-RW, X-SURF 100 w/Rapidroad USB, External FDD with Chinon and Gotek units and Acer Aspire One ICAROS
  • »08.12.17 - 22:14
  • Just looking around
    relyt
    Pardon the necro-post, but did you sell this? I may be interested, and am located in the US.
    UDP packet bar walks a into.
  • »19.06.18 - 19:13