Weather Report
  • Targhan
    Due to inconsistancies in the stratosphere cuased by Santa, Non-MorphOS visitors are being annoyed by a snow flurry. Luckily, MorphOS and Amiga browsers have a new feature called "A Roof" that protects them from such annoyances.

This weather report has been brought to you by JavaScript1.2.

:lol:
    :idea:Targhan

MorphOS portal? www.MorphZone.org
  • »23.12.03 - 22:55
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    tomjoad
    Hehe, that's really lovely. (Though I'd prefer to see some snow outside, Javascript can't do that currently, right?)
  • »23.12.03 - 23:01
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    bbrv
    Dave, you never cease to amaze us!

:-)

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

R&B
  • »23.12.03 - 23:57
    Profile Visit Website
  • Targhan
    @BBRV

OMG!! LOL :lol: Just as I was reading your post, a commercial on TV began playing that song! :-P

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

:lol: :bloons:

• »24.12.03 - 00:04
    Profile Visit Website
    Kronos
    "annoyed" is the right word !!!

Hint:
    Not every stupid idea is worth copying :xxx: (the only useable smiley left).
  • »24.12.03 - 07:36
    Senex
    Agreed. - Targhan: Would it be possible to add an option in the user profile for those who'd prefer to be spared automatic changes of themes, smilies and other gimmicks?

No doubt many people like this stuff and of course I think it's amazing how much work and passion you're investing into this great website - but shouldn't we also consider those visitors who'd prefer to keep their favourite theme, the usual smilies, etc.?
  • »24.12.03 - 08:07
    Profile Visit Website
  • Targhan
    @Kronos

I promise that I'm not doing this to specifically annoy you. However, I am now turning the snow off for the rest of the evening. It'll be turned back on sometime on tomorrow through Christmas morning. The day after Christmas (barring a hdd crash or other fatal problem) I'll put everything back to normal.

• »24.12.03 - 08:10
    Profile Visit Website
  • Targhan
    @Senex

The smilies would be a bit rough. And it's easy for anyone to change their profile to kill the default theme on their system. When you login, it's good for about 36 hours, so you shouldn't have to see the default theme but once every day or two. The "change everyones theme" this time around was an accident (there's a switch for it), but it's easy to change back.

I don't have any plans for any further holiday themes beyond christmas and halloween. There is the idea of a real "MorphOS Skin" related theme, but there are more pressing matters at hand ;-)

• »24.12.03 - 08:17
    Profile Visit Website
    Senex
    Oh, if that's been just accidentally that the theme was changed for everyone, then of course everything is okay!

Regarding the snow, I don't really see a necessity to turn it off, since it's bound to the x-mas theme only.

Just let me keep my mzbeta theme and I'm happy. ;-)
  • »24.12.03 - 08:21
    Profile Visit Website
    Senex
    PS: And regarding the smilies - no problem then, if it's not easy to change that, since of course we always have the option to disable the graphical smilies.
  • »24.12.03 - 08:22
    Profile Visit Website
  • Targhan
    There has been a few times where I've royally hosed things up here by using the scrollmouse, right when a "selector" scrolls up the page. (I really need to turn that option off in my mui prefs...)

Anyway, it's just another day or two ;) Don't think I made the real smilies go away. I simply need to copy the original ones back over.

• »24.12.03 - 08:34
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    cecilia
    well, my opinion isn't important, but i do enjoy the new themes and smilies.
    I guess i've missed the snow.

:-(
    "if you ever slam anyone, for anything, somehow you always end up eating shoe" Targhan
  • »24.12.03 - 15:38
    Profile Visit Website
  • Targhan
    The snow, the Christmas theme, and even the smilies, are all history now. If you log in, and still see the Christmas theme--simply go to Your Profile. Then, click on "Edit Profile," and under your avatar there is a "Theme" selector.

The default is MZBeta2, but you can choose whatever theme just happens to float your boat ;-)

• »26.12.03 - 08:38
    Profile Visit Website