Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
Posts: 603 from 2004/2/8
- Whats the BEST video card to currently use?
- Does the video card have to be a Mac edition? (I will not be loading OS X, just Morph)
- Any chance the video card could support a res of 3440x1440?
1. The best (fastest working) gfx card on AGP G5 PowerMac is currently Radeon X800XT (X850XT).
2. If you're going to use only MorphOS - it doesn't. But if you wish to finetune something in Open Firmware - do that before you switch the gfx card to a PC one.
3. No idea with ultrawide, sadly (I'd rather say it's a "no"). It does run at 1920x1200 with no problem, but that ultrawide res has got more than twice as many pixels to draw.