Syncterm?
  • Just looking around
    EchsBachs
    Hi!

New Morph user here, I was wondering if anyone knows if this was compiled for Morph, or if anyone tried and failed?

http://syncterm.bbsdev.net

I don't want to duplicate efforts, but being new I am having a hell of a time doing it, so if its been done already, I can't find it, or if it was tried and failed, i can't find any info on that either :)

E
  • »30.04.17 - 12:10
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Sounds interesting...
  • »30.04.17 - 13:23
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    EchsBachs
    Well, great for those of us who still call BBS's :)

Tried some of the Amiga Term's out there, and they, well, work pretty poorly. Since it was compiled for Hiku I figured this would be easy, but it's beyond my skills apparently.
  • »30.04.17 - 15:47
    Profile Visit Website
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

EchsBachs wrote:

Tried some of the Amiga Term's out there, and they, well, work pretty poorly. Since it was compiled for Hiku I figured this would be easy, but it's beyond my skills apparently.

I've been using DCTelnet, which works okayish if you keep it on quite modest screenmode (because of ibmcon.device problems, for example 800x600 seems to work). There's some talk about it. But that SyncTERM would have some other interesting features too...
  • »30.04.17 - 18:40
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    EchsBachs
    Yep I have DCtelent too, and you're right, its a bit wonky in screen modes.

I use SyncTerm on my mac and Windows PC and well, its hands down the best of breed now. Yeah you can do some funky stuff to get JRcomm working, but it disconnects.

My big reason is in the fall, I am relaunching my C-Net Amiga BBS, and it be nice is there was a good telnet program for Morph that supports ANSI so when I get the time I can enjoy playing some ansi games :)

-E
  • »30.04.17 - 20:09
    Profile Visit Website
  • esc
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    esc
    +1 for SyncTerm. I use it daily for osx, linux, and windows.

I still don't understand the ibmcon.device issues. I tried actually running an Amiga BBS software in morphos and I seem to recall having the same problems.
  • »30.04.17 - 23:32
  • Just looking around
    EchsBachs
    Well, maybe its just my skill level but I have had no luck. If anyone wants to try or help me let me know :)
  • »04.05.17 - 14:23
    Profile Visit Website