Audacity like software
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    rlitt01
    I do alot of music editing/sampling. I do a good job on Mac/Linux/BSD/Windows. But, I use MorphOS almost exclusively for most of my work and play. I would love to work on sampling without rebooting back in mention operating systems. What are the "audacity like". Software that's available that provides the same or similar
    functionality as Audacity?

P.S.
    Is there a more recent (started/unfinished)gtk port for MUI than this GTKCVS
    Powermac G5(A1047) 2.3GHz Registered MorphOS
    Powerbook G4 PowerBook5,8 1.6GHz Registered MorphOS
    Powermac G5(A1047) 2.0GHz Registered MorphOS
    Icaros Desktop 3.0GHz
  • »06.03.17 - 01:56
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    BatteMan
    I made, some years ago, the full edition (cut and others fade, etc.) of a french Amiga podcast (AmigaImpact.org podcast) with ProStationAudio (delivered in The Super Bundle, many many years ago ^^).

Maybe you can still use it.

But a port of an Audacity like would be a great move for MorphOS.

--
    /me haven't test PSA on the Powerbook yet.
    Proud user of MorphOS since 2003 !
  • »06.03.17 - 16:00
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Sounfx is great software but i don't kow if it works on morphos. Hdrec can do the job as i know.
  • »06.03.17 - 21:20
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    BatteMan
    I know PSA hits a lot and can stop working 'cause of the rule of debug on the old versions of MorphOS (we had a "max hit" counter that stop a faulty application).

This option doesn't exist anymore (or I couldn't find it), so, maybe PSA works again.

--
    /me will try PSA tonight. /me wants to know ! ^^

[EDIT]
    After some fights, PSA "works" on my Powerbook but... it doesn't like HotBorder... (impossible to make a new project when HotBorder is active, the requester open and close immediatly, and menu under the title bar crashed PSA).

Without HotBorder, I succesfully loaded an mp3 and assigned it to track 1 and play it.

After that, the requester sucked again (open and close immediatly...) and I cannot load a second mp3/wav... But, if I save my session, quit and reload it, I can add a new sample. But, I need to save, quit, relaunch for every new sample I want to add.

I tried some options, and all seems to work. If the only problems is with the loading of new samples, it's easy to workaround. I don't make more tests...

Take a look at PSA_Tutorial1 and 2 on Aminet, it's a bit hard to use it if you don't take a look at those tuto.
    [/EDIT]

[EDIT 2]

I'll try to mount a little podcast with PSA, with some effects, cuts and fade.

I'll come back and I'll explain what works and what fails.
    [/EDIT 2]
    Proud user of MorphOS since 2003 !
  • »06.03.17 - 22:21
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    SoundFx is great, psa is more professional at all put it never worked nicely on my machines. SFX is like audacity you can cut copy paste and apply filters easily don't forget to use the ahi replayer instead of paula

[ Edited by acepeg 07.03.2017 - 22:08 ]
  • »07.03.17 - 21:59