Quote:

redrumloa wrote:
    Quote:

Kronos wrote:
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:

There was a short period when CUSA openly embraced AROS:

Yeah,sowhat....

There are and were some dedicated AROS computers, but all were/are pointless as one could use just dumpster dived HW...

So in the end "supporting" AROS wasn't really anymore than preinstalling VICE was for supporting 8Bit C=.

Most buyers just selected the Windows option. The so called "CommodoreOS" never got past a curiosity.

I'll admit to that sin myself, I use Windows in preference to OSX/MacOS or Linux.
    I will not pay the premium demanded for Apple hardware, when I know it will fail or be obsoleted just as quickly or quicker than commodity Windows hardware.
    And Linux never seems quite finished.

What I want, is what no one will give me. A quick booting, streamlined OS based on a micro kernel.
    Sound familiar?
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »10.04.19 - 17:28
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > If its about as powerful as an older ARM Based Chromebook
    > (like Samsung's original product), I'd be happy.

Yes, I think four dual-threaded 1.8 GHz e6500 cores can cope with two single-threaded 1.7 GHz Cortex-A15 cores. On a per-core/thread base, they should be about on par I think.

> It [...] could form the core of a hardware base we could start
    > development of MorphOS NG on.

You mean the MorphOS team hasn't started yet? ;-)

> we don't need high end X64 power

POWER9 with comparable single-core performance would be nice nonetheless :-)

> in the G5 and the X5000 we already have more than enough power
    > to run our [...] software.

Web browsing on platforms without (fast) JS JIT and video decoding on platforms without GPU acceleration should require even faster CPU performance than on platforms that have these things :-)
  • »10.04.19 - 17:57