A bounty for tutorials videos MorphOS
  • ASiegel
    If there were more tutorial videos about MorphOS, that would be great.

That being said, before you ask the community for financial contributions, why not ask whether anybody knows more affordable options or whether anybody has appropriate hardware and is willing to donate that instead?

350 EUR seems pretty steep for what you are trying do do. Is it absolutely necessary for you to use a USB-based solution for this? If you search for "AVERMEDIA" on the Ebay France website, you should find PCI cards that cost well below half of what is charged for the Avio model. On Ebay Germany, brand new Avermedia cards can be bought for less than 100 EUR and there seem to be a number of auctions with few bids and low starting bids as well. (USB-based offerings from StarTech are a bit more expensive but at prices between 160 and 200 EUR still much more affordable than the Avio option.)

[ Edited by ASiegel 26.08.2015 - 05:41 ]
  • »26.08.15 - 05:36
  • MorphOS Developer
    geit
    I would go for the Haupauge PVR Rocket, which does the same for far less money.

http://www.amazon.de/Hauppauge-01527-HD-PVR-Rocket/dp/B00GC3Z6GM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1440575271&sr=8-1&keywords=pvr+rocket
  • »26.08.15 - 08:49
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Tcheko
    @geit +1. Good enough for the purpose. No need for 1080p@60fps recording at all.
    Quelque soit le chemin que tu prendras dans la vie, sache que tu auras des ampoules aux pieds.
    -------
    I need to practice my Kung Fu.
  • »26.08.15 - 09:08
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    Who will do the voice? Several similar projects have been destroyed because the voice is not good enough.
    AMIGA FORUM - Hela Sveriges Amigatidning!
    AMIGA FORUM - Sweden's Amiga Magazine!

My MorphOS blog
  • »26.08.15 - 20:25
    Profile Visit Website
  • ASiegel
    Quote:

Yasu wrote:
    Who will do the voice? Several similar projects have been destroyed because the voice is not good enough.

One could always provide optional subtitles if this was a serious issue. (Google´s YouTube can even try to create those automatically although one might have to improve the automatic transcript a bit.)

Plus, I do not think the idea is to produce hour-long tutorial videos but rather short and concise clips, which should make it a lot more tolerable to listen to a voice that you happen to dislike.

@ Papiosaur

If you create a separate YouTube channel for your videos, it should be easy to integrate them on other websites.
  • »27.08.15 - 08:17