Hmm, works nicely here,
  • »22.06.18 - 20:17
  • jPV
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    jPV
    Quote:

Cool_amigaN wrote:
    Hey, just bought the game, unzipped, clicked launch nothing happens. Clicking the 2 Tower 57 executables on the sub folder doesn't do anything as well.
    Snoopium reports that Background CLI [shellppc.prefs] and updater_mos [IXPPCSTACK] both fail (from the executable of the sub folders). On the main launcher additionally C:IconX window/stack/usershell/wait/delay fails. This is on MorphOS 3.9. Any ideas?

Do you have executable protection bit (e) set for these files:
    Tower57_Game/Tower57/Tower57_MOS
    Tower57_Game/Tower57/Tower57_MOS_16bit
    Tower57_Game/Tower57/updater_mos
  • »22.06.18 - 22:19
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    beworld
    Have you install Mos 3.10 SDK for MOS 3.9 ?
    PowerMac 2.7ghz MOS 3.10
    PowerBook 1.5Ghz MOS 3.10
    My MOS ports
  • »23.06.18 - 07:46
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Cool_amigaN
    @jPV If you mean the excutable attribute on the icon info tab it's ticked for every file you listed. I opened on scrible the script (launch icon) and when double clicking I get notification from scrible that the file has changed. So, for sure it is read on. As a matter of fact every file when double clicking reads the hd on the drivelaps screen module.

@beworld Don't have the SDKinstalled If you mean about the iexmul library I am using the one from latest MorphOS (3.10). Did a flushlib and reverted to old iexemul just to be certain but nothing changed.
    Amiga gaming Tribute: Watch, rate, comment :)
  • »24.06.18 - 21:30
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Cool_amigaN
    Daniel helped me to get the game going :) The updater seemed to fail, so just by renaming (or deleting) updater_mos file the game launched (although I won't be able to update in case of a newer version, someone should pack it from me :P). The error was due to T: not mapping properly into ram: because of my setup. The error could affect also OS4 versions of other games developed/ported from Daniel, so leave your setups as intatc as possible :P
    Amiga gaming Tribute: Watch, rate, comment :)
  • »14.07.18 - 08:14
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Daytona675x
    "The error was due to T: not mapping properly into ram: because of my setup."
    There's nothing "not properly" about your mapping ;-)

Let me clarify this a bit:

The T: issue was just a wild guess by me because I remembered that once somebody reported sth. similar on AOS4 ages ago (might even have been with a different game). There, IIRC, this was caused by a constallation of T: being mapped to another partition with a "non-standard" file-system which apparently didn't play nicely with the file-attributes being modified which then caused following IDOS->System calls on files I placed there to fail in such a hard way that things got totally blocked.

So it was just a shot in the dark, and luckily for Cool_AmigaN it was a hit :-)
    However I didn't further investigate yet what exactly is the cause on MOS. Note that I was able to workaround the issue on AOS4 by doing some changes to the IDOS->System parameters, so it would not happen on AOS4 anymore (at least not on the system of the guy who reported it).

Luckily this issue is really rare in real world, those two reports are the only ones I ever got regarding this on any Amiga OS variant.
  • »14.07.18 - 10:02
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    MorphOSUser
    I actually bought this game three days ago!! I LOVE IT! I LOVE THE IDEA of buying new MorphOS applications and especially games! I feel like my ibook G4 is a brand new console all over again! Are there new MorphOS games or applications I can buy?

MorphOS is way superior over AmigaOS 4.x in my humble opinion!
  • »05.09.18 - 23:54
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    ernsteiswuerfel
    Quote:

MorphOSUser schrieb:
    I feel like my ibook G4 is a brand new console all over again! Are there new MorphOS games or applications I can buy?

If you like new stuff, Wings! Remastered (klick) will come available on MorphOS once the Amiga NG ports are finished. :-) You can also donate to Folio (klick), a new Word Processor for MorphOS.
    PMac G5 7,3. PBook G4 5,8. [MorphOS 3.11 / Gentoo Linux] A1200. ACA-1233/55, Indivision AGA Mk2, 4 GiB CF. [Amiga OS 3.1.4]
  • »07.09.18 - 22:41