Free MorphOS compatible systems for developers
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Yes, you read it right! Myself and some other MorphOS users are banding together to promote the use and development of native MorphOS software by providing MorphOS compatible computers to developers who are writing software native to MorphOS.

If you are a developer that wants to write native MorphOS applications, or games, contact me through my earthlink.net email address. If you live within the USA, Canada, or Mexico, I will find and send you a MorphOS compatible computer for just the cost to have it shipped to you. If you live outside of North America, there are other MorphOS users that have agreed to help you get a MorphOS compatible computer system.

All that I ask is that you describe what software you are working on, or plan to write and include a native MorphOS version of and provide progress updates on it once every 30 to 60 days and if you ever decide to change your mind and stop developing for MorphOS, or if you replace this system with a better MorphOS compatible computer, that you return this donated computer, or forward it to another developer who wants to write MorphOS native software.

Due to my low retirement income, this offer will most likely be limited to one computer to be donated to a developer per month.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »31.10.11 - 21:39
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    What a nice gesture Dave! I applaud the effort!!
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCI-X (Registration #1894)
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCIE (Registration #6130)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »01.11.11 - 00:35
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    There is a developer in Australia requesting help in getting a MorphOS compatible computer donated to him. The shipping from the USA would be prohibitive, so is there any MorphOS users within Australia that can help me find a MorphOS compatible computer to donate to this guy?

If you don't want to help with the donating of a computer, perhaps you can help find one and myself and perhaps a few other members here will pay for it, if you can pick it up and make sure it gets MorphOS2.7 demo installed on it and delivered to the programmer in question.

Thanks for any help any of you can offer on this project.
  • »01.11.11 - 06:19
  • ZB
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    ZB
    Great effort Dave !
    ---
    Morphing the Phoenix...
  • »01.11.11 - 11:03
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    I am willing to help with the outfitting of machines donated to the US and European markets.
    I will coordinate with David and Zylesea to see how I can help them.

Anyone else who might be interested, please contact.
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »01.11.11 - 13:22
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    cheesegrate
    amidave can help with the australian end, let me know wat sort of mac u want found.
  • »02.11.11 - 19:51
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    pampers
    I'd say MacMini 1.5 will be the easiest option. Amigadave - you know my email if need any kind of help.
    MorphOS 3.x
  • »02.11.11 - 19:55
    Profile Visit Website
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    With a key, Papiosaur?

If you've set the system up, it ought to be pretty slick.

Perhaps you'd like to start looking for a developer with a worthwhile project.
  • »03.11.11 - 16:59
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    Yes, there is the register key and the pack Ultimate 1.7.0 pre-installed ;-)

What do you think of that:

Developpers want to developpe for MorphOS send an email to AmigaDave with their adress and their project for MorphOS.

AmigaDave do a public list of the developpers, their project and their country.

If a personn of the same country (or other) want to give a machine, he contact AmigaDave who send him his adress to send machine.

MorphOS Team could write about AmigaDave project of his offical website.

[ Edité par Papiosaur 03.11.2011 - 19:57 ]

[ Edité par Papiosaur 03.11.2011 - 20:19 ]
  • »03.11.11 - 17:32
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    @Papiosaur,

The developer in Spain who wrote OpenBOR and 1941 Deluxe, is interested in receiving your G4 MacMini with keyfile, when it is available, if you still are open to donating it to a deserving developer.

His nickname here on MorphZone.org is _DaNi_ if you want to contact him. Please let me know if I need to find a different computer to donate to _DaNi_ instead of your MacMini.

Thanks,
    David
  • »04.11.11 - 05:05
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Thanks Papiosaur. I am sure that _DaNi_ will greatly appreciate the upgrade from his Efika to your G4 MacMini.

I applaud _DaNi_ for being able to complete the MorphOS software development that he has already finished while using only an Efika with an unregistered version of MorphOS installed on it. Just goes to show the rest of us what can be done with the least powerful MorphOS2.x setup, and only 30 minutes at a time between slow downs and reboots.

@_DaNi_,

I hope this solution is acceptable to you and that the wait is not too long for MorphOS3.0 to come out, so Papiosaur can send you his G4 MacMini with registered MorphOS keyfile installed on it.

Now to the next deserving developer that needs and wants a MorphOS compatible computer.

Thanks again Papiosaur, you are a true asset to the MorphOS community.
  • »04.11.11 - 13:16
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    _DaNi_
    thanks papiosaur and amigadave, I have no words to describe your help unfortunately I can´t afford the price of keyfile for my efika.
  • »04.11.11 - 18:21
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

amidave can help with the australian end, let me know wat sort of mac u want found.

Thanks cheesegrate, you have PMail.
  • »04.11.11 - 21:05
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Wow, this is progressing nicely.
    David, Papiosaur, cheesegrate...thank you all.

[ Edited by Jim 05.11.2011 - 15:59 ]
  • »05.11.11 - 16:59
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Yes, it is a good idea and I thank everyone who is willing to help make it happen.

Now we just need to bump this thread once every 30 to 60 days to see if there are any new Amiga developers that show up on any of the 4 forum sites where I have advertised this thread and idea.
  • »06.11.11 - 00:48