a pack for new developers
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    hello,

i would like to do a pack 'Development'.

this is i would like to install into :

- SimpleCat
    - AutoDocReader
    - FileX
    - WipeOut

Do you have others ideas ?

What classification can i do (drawer) ?

Thanks a lot

[ Edité par Papiosaur le 17/12/2010 21:07 ]
  • »17.12.10 - 18:24
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    If you wish to help beginning developers on MorphOS2.x, what about doing an installer that helps novices install and setup the MorphOS SDK and all related support files/programs?
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »18.12.10 - 02:00
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Quote:

amigadave wrote:
    If you wish to help beginning developers on MorphOS2.x, what about doing an installer that helps novices install and setup the MorphOS SDK and all related support files/programs?

Oh man would that be useful.
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »18.12.10 - 04:42
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Wipeout is already included in the MorphOS SDK.
  • »18.12.10 - 09:17
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Quote:

Hm, I thought SDK installation is simple enough for everyone with the new SDK. If there's anything that causes a problem for SDK-newbies, do let me know and I'll see what can be done here.
  • »18.12.10 - 09:18
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    DiskDoctor
    @Papiosaur

Python!!!!

And PyMui.
    Was: Mac Mini PPC running MorphOS 2.4
    Now: Amiga Forever 2010 with AmiKit and AmigaSYS
    Not used: Icaros Desktop 1.2 (reason: no wifi)
    Planned soon: an OS4 system
    Shortly then: a MOS notebook (wifi is a must-have)
  • »18.12.10 - 14:32
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    ausPPC
    @jacadcaps I may be missing something here but does it matter that modifications to system startup scripts by the SDK installer doesn't make an assign to include: ? Or is this only a consideration for older Amiga development environments?

I realise how few people would benefit from this but... I'd like to see the reintroduction of the .i assembler version of the include files to the SDK. Maybe a separate archive of these would be more appropriate - I'd like to know what others think of this.
    PPC assembly ain't so bad... ;)
  • »18.12.10 - 19:52
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    itix
    I dont see point in assembler includes. PPC is not friendly environment for machine language developers and reference information (calling offsets, registers etc) is in C headers if you ever need to read disassembly.
    1 + 1 = 3 with very large values of 1
  • »18.12.10 - 21:17
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    @ausPPC

I don't really see a point in supporting pure PowerPC assembly development. Don't elude yourself that you'll beat gcc's c performance with your assembly.
  • »19.12.10 - 10:11
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    then advance it a little ...

- I removed the tool Wipeout because it is already in the SDK for MorphOS, thanks JacadCaps for the info ;-)
    - I created an archive to extract to sys: with Python 2.x and all these modules,
    - There is also a directory Applications/Development/ which contain development tools as AutoDocReader, filex, Scout and SimpleCat.

I await your proposals :-)
  • »19.12.10 - 10:11
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    ausPPC
    Despite the fact that I have difficulties using C syntax I will not deny that many C sources are neat, clean and efficient ways of describing programs. But... I've been looking at the output generated by gcc and other compilers and, in my own opinion, the above neatness and efficiency takes a beating in translation to executable form. Perhaps I need to experiment with the more extreme efficiency options when compiling but, as a particular example, it's common to see pointless loads and stores in compiled C programs.

fd2pragma is a program distributed with vbcc that may be capable of generating assembler type include files but I'm reluctant to spend the time trying to understand it's documentation and actually find out. That might change if / when I take on a larger project - just putting it out there for any other programmers interested in assembly and wishing to get better use out of the SDK.
    PPC assembly ain't so bad... ;)
  • »19.12.10 - 20:15
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Jupp3
    Hi,

It seems that Cubic IDE development isn't quite active anymore, and there hasn't been official MorphOS devkit for it in quite a while, which is a shame. Well, golded can still be used as a separate text editor, and code compiled with the official sdk from command line.

Anyway, what I was wondering, how easy for an outsider would it be to do an updated devkit based on the latest official SDK? And would MorphOS team oppose to this in any way? Could also add extra stuff like PowerSDL sdk etc.
  • »20.12.10 - 15:07
    Profile Visit Website