drivers (english)
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Hello

There must be create drivers for the creative soundcarts because it is the most world leading soundcarts there is. And im not very impressed with the below list of carts.

Sound Cards
    -Pegasos onboard AC97 sound chip (Sigmatel STAC 9766)
    -Terratec 128iPCI (ESS Solo-1)
    -Terratec 512i digital (FM801)
    -Vivanco (FM801)

It would be nise to have drivers of all printers, soundcarts, gfxcarts etc... I think it is time that genisi would aproatch those factories. It is not difficult to expend the market because the amiga markt is full with artistic people who love to expend there pegasos system with modern carts.
  • »26.10.03 - 13:07
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    There is driver for SB Live card.

You can find it on the AHI beta web site.
    http://www.lysator.liu.se/~lcs/files/ahi/beta/

I did not test it myself, but some friends told me it works.
  • »26.10.03 - 17:43
    Profile Visit Website
  • Targhan
    As NicoPPC stated, there is an SB driver somewhere.

Now, I will have to explain how other drivers are expected to accumilate. As the install base of the Pegasos grows, and the number of users grow, it isn't going to be *just* community developers.

Some things will be quicker than others, it really depends on two things, the first is the community (of coarse), and second what kind of agreements Genesi can make with other parties.

While the following example is purely fictional, it is presented to illistrate a possible future:
    ------------------------------------------------

Through the association with a community effort (linux, bsd, etc), Pegasos is suddenly desired by a chain of computer shops. The computer shop wants the Pegasos bundled with some specific device, and they make several suggestions.

Taking this, Genesi now goes to acquire the said device for bundling with the BSD/Linux Pegasos. Genesi places a requirement that this company provide MorphOS drivers (MorphOS will always be provided with a Pegasos to my knowledge).

At some point of proliferation of the product, other companies making simular devices will see their competitor's devices as having a monopoly on MorphOS. This will not sit well with them, and some will try to correct their percieved problem.
    -----------------------------------------------

As I said, the above is fictional, but it could very well happen. Of coarse, everyone wants drivers for everything NOW(tm), and that includes myself. However, I think the growth of the platform is dependant on a solid foundation--and, that is what is getting the majority of the effort at this time.
  • »26.10.03 - 17:54
    Profile Visit Website
    the driver contained in the ahi beta archive is called EMU10Kx. So It works perfectly with y SBLive 5.1 digital PCI sound card. Now It should work with an new audigy board. but don't expact surealistic suround effects and so on. it'is jus a basic sound driver.
  • »27.10.03 - 12:19
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    targhan, That is the most clear answhere i can get. Thank you!!!
    Quote:

Taking this, Genesi now goes to acquire the said device for bundling with the BSD/Linux Pegasos. Genesi places a requirement that this company provide MorphOS drivers (MorphOS will always be provided with a Pegasos to my knowledge).

Im very happy to hear about this.
  • »27.10.03 - 12:59
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    @FALCON1

If it has just a basic sound driver. Does it has some sound options with some GUI? On what programs did you really hear the diffrence between the pegasos audio and the SBLive.

(Im a little bit curious)
  • »27.10.03 - 13:02