AmigaWorld.net post
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    bbrv
    This is a combination of the posts we made in this AmigaWorld.net thread:

AmigaOS 4.1 BETA PowerPC

We are posting it here at the request of Kurt Grach. We don't think there is a problem here at MorphZone, but we are honoring the request.

Yesterday, Dennis Clarke of Blastwave posted this blog:

Seen in the wild : AmigaOS 4.1 BETA PowerPC

...Way to go there you funny looking little pink squirrel. Now then .. stop crashing my webstats script and go collect nuts elsewhere.

That funny little pink squirrel ended up creating a few problems. Have a look at the comments.

Today, Dennis posted this: My perspective on the MorphOS AmigaOS issue.

Of course, both of these blogs popped up on planetsolaris too (scroll down). We wonder how long we will be taken seriously if we can't work out these problems here and not everywhere else. This should not be a struggle between MorphOS and AmigaOSX.X. It hurts everyone interested in the Community.

Let us add this by way of explanation...

1. We get an email from a developer using an EFIKA based Open Client working in a Lab (in Budapest actually). He sends us some neat pictures.

2. We write a blog about it: LabVIEW. We send the link to the LabVIEW Project Manager at National Instruments (big company, real products, lots of revenue).

3. The LabView Project Manager follows the link in the blog to the new PowerDeveloper LabVIEW Embedded Forum.

4. He registers. He posts.

LabVIEW would be a cool thing to have for MorphOS or AmigaOSX.X. Will it happen? We are not sure, but a port is now underway for the EFIKA.

Can you see how this could work if we approached the opportunity of the original interest and curiousty more positively? :-D There is still plenty of opportunity for all Amiga oriented operating systems.

R&B :-)
  • »25.05.07 - 21:06
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    warface
    So much hate, and all from anonymous users. How cute. Not. A splendid way to show off to the world the split in the community. Thank heaven I have a G4 Peg II and MorphOS - whatever happens in the next ten years I will manage somehow.
  • »25.05.07 - 22:05
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Jupp3
    Quote:

3. The LabView Project Manager

LabView indeed is a relatively big name. For those who don't know it, it's a graphical programming environment, where you design programs by drawing wires from switches to components to components and so on...

And as it's used a lot on all sorts of automation, I guess it would suit small hardware, like Efika nicely.

I've done a few projects with LabView, and it's worth trying if you ever have a chance. Especially debugging is quite nice, as you can see the signals go through the wires, as the program runs.
  • »25.05.07 - 22:12
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Sir_Lucas
    Don't you worry it's a cheap provocation.
    Not matter what happens all of us here will give you the support.
  • »25.05.07 - 22:26
  • Just looking around
    Outcast
    @ Warface

I posted the same view as yours as well.

Bloody ridiculous
  • »25.05.07 - 23:05
    Profile Visit Website