Dual gfx card w/Quake2 and HereticII
  • JKD
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    JKD
    Okay...I added a PCI Radeon so Linux can play nicely along with my Voodoo3500 in the AGP slot.

I'm having problems getting Quake2 (Hyperion) and HereticII(Hyperion) finding a screenmode.

I get a 'no suitable driver found' or No screen type error when trying to use Hardware 3D. I tried switching WB display to the Voodoo...when I do this, Heretic II can be made to work in Window mode (bit not FS mode) Quake2 still refuses to run (even windowed).

I tried 'clear all screenmodes' too

Both applications were running fine prior to the addition of the Radeon.

Oh...MOS 1.4.2 of course :D

Anyone got a way to tweak this?

FWIW Shogo2 runs fine as does Wipeout2097, both with 3D HW acceleration on the Voodoo

Descent runs fine...well, until it crashes that is (buggy piece of crap) :-/

Steve
  • »19.06.04 - 02:38
    Miky060
    > Okay...I added a PCI Radeon so Linux can play nicely along with my Voodoo3500 in the AGP slot.

> I'm having problems getting Quake2 (Hyperion) and HereticII(Hyperion) finding a screenmode.

> I get a 'no suitable driver found' or No screen type error when trying to use Hardware 3D. I tried switching WB display to the Voodoo...when I do this, Heretic II can be made to work in Window mode (bit not FS mode) Quake2 still refuses to run (even windowed).

> Anyone got a way to tweak this?

Yes, when you want to run QauekII and Heretic you have to set your Ambient/WB display to be opened on Voodoo and save AND REMOVE RADEON DRIVER FROM DEVS:MONITORS. A bit boring, but it will work (obviously after a reset).
    If you don't do this the application does not allow you to selcet the screenmode/gfx board and try to use the Radeon instead of the Voodoo. The new TinyGL should let you choose on which screen (GFX board) open the game...

PegasosII "Elite" Machine --> PowerMac MDD "popular" Machine --> MacMini 1.5 "still more popular" Machine
  • »19.06.04 - 09:25
    Profile Visit Website
  • JKD
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    JKD
    Thanks Miky...a shame that is the only solution right now :-/

Something else I need MOS1.5 for ... <raised eyebrows>

;-)

Actually if MOS1.5 has Radeon drivers.....the Voodoo can go in the trash so it's kind of irrelvant :-/
  • »19.06.04 - 19:24
  • MorphOS Developer
    bigfoot
    Quote:

The new TinyGL should let you choose on which screen (GFX board) open the game...

This has nothing to do with TinyGL. Hyperionware uses MiniGL, which is something completely different.
    I rarely log in to MorphZone which means that I often miss private messages sent on here. If you wish to contact me, please email me at [username]@asgaard.morphos-team.net, where [username] is my username here on MorphZone.
  • »19.06.04 - 21:03
    Profile Visit Website