calibrating joypad
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    klapdeur
    hi guys can you help me i have a microsoft sidewinder joypad its
    working on peg but i cant get it calibrated with snes etc. snes plays
    not that great from keyboard.
    Klapdeur Os: Systems: MorphOS 1.4.5 Pegasos 1 april fixed voodoo 4500 MorphOS 2.0 Not yet registerd A1200T 1230 196 mb scsi mediator voodoo 3 network pci scsi cdburners jaz 2gb Ide cd-rw,dvdplayer,zip100in A400D ppc amiga os3.9/4.0 / MorphOS pow
  • »10.04.04 - 18:13
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Stevo
    Do you mean a usb joypad? I'm also having trouble getting it to work with snes9x -> poseidon identifies it correctly as an eight-butten 2-axis joypad, but in ambient in behaves like a mouse. I tried raw keymapping, but that didn't work too wel (got some response in the game, but after one button press it stopped).
    ---
    http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/logs/its_only_football.txt
  • »10.04.04 - 19:16
    Kronos
    @Stevo
    That sounds like you have missed the last Poseidon-update.
    Get it here.
  • »10.04.04 - 19:23
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    klapdeur
    well thats the problem i have the latest version of usb stack for mos
    installed and got the same probs with it to calibrate
    Klapdeur Os: Systems: MorphOS 1.4.5 Pegasos 1 april fixed voodoo 4500 MorphOS 2.0 Not yet registerd A1200T 1230 196 mb scsi mediator voodoo 3 network pci scsi cdburners jaz 2gb Ide cd-rw,dvdplayer,zip100in A400D ppc amiga os3.9/4.0 / MorphOS pow
  • »10.04.04 - 22:33
    Stevo
    @Kronos

Thanx for the tip. I have installed the update, but I am still faced with the same problem. I can map the raw keys to the buttons (is there a way to use the stick btw?) but after pressing a button ingame it keeps the mapped key pressed -> it won't release the key after you pressed a button.

Suggestions/ideas/step-by-step explanations anyone ;-) ?
    ---
  • »11.04.04 - 11:12
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Bladerunner
    Stevo:
    Well you really should read the ####ing manual :-D (BTW if you did`t find it, it is located in Help: )
    It seems as if you have totally messed up your joystick config, because you shouldn`t have rawkeys atached on your buttons, but enabled the lowlevel.library instead.

I made this yesterday with my brandnew Logitech Gamepad (A Playstation look-a-like pad) and it works like a charm.

Here is what i have set:
    Hat switch (for the stick/pad)

Type Trigger Params
    Digital joystick NaN Release hatswitch port 1
    Digital joystick Always Assign hatswitch (port1)

Button 1
    has trigger > any and Parameter assign red (fire)

oh btw, don`t forget to set Port 1 in the "General" tab to "Merge with USB"

well so you can set every button to your needs, and the usb lowlevel.lib replacement has at least support for all 7 Buttons (instead of the MOS`lowlevel.library for the gameport) of the original lowlevel.lib

For Mame e.g. (and if there are enough Buttons left) you might want to assign a keystring combination o and k so you can start your games without touching your keyboard again ;-)
  • »11.04.04 - 11:27
    Stevo
    @Bladerunner

Oops......ehm, okay, my mistake :-D -> should first have read the manual before crying out for help...but now I have, and I'm afraid that it doesn't help me a lot :-(

I copied the settings you wrote down, but (apart from the buttons) it won't work too well. I tried "Digital joystick NaN Release hatswitch port 1" for the x-axis and "Digital joystick Always Assign hatswitch (port1)" for the y-axis, I tried it the other way around and I tried both lines for each axis. At 50% of the times there is a respons, but for a quarter/half of the direction pad, and even than incorrect. This is for snes9x -> couldn't get any respons from MAME :-(

I hope that I'm an absolute idiot, and that you (or someone else) could offer some more advise?
    ---
  • »11.04.04 - 13:07
  • Targhan
    Figure it would be good to know for anyone configuring their USB joybad for use with Snes9x to know what keys do what: The Snes9x Tutorial for another OS has a picture of the keyboard layout for the keyboard :-)
    :idea:Targhan

MorphOS portal? www.MorphZone.org
  • »24.05.04 - 05:25
    Profile Visit Website
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    Quote:

For Mame e.g. (and if there are enough Buttons left) you might want to assign a keystring combination o and k so you can start your games without touching your keyboard again ;-)

In fact, you don't need to press o and k. Pressing left and right (or the contrary) simulates the ok sequence.
  • »24.05.04 - 10:13
    Profile Visit Website