Solved: Pegasos 2 stops booting on Bplan logo
    Doraemon
    Hello
    I have a Pegasos 2 thats not working very well.
    It stops to boot on the Bplan logo.

I've tryed another gfx card and booted a few times but now I have the same problem with it, It stops on the bplan logo.

In a few days I will recive a new ddr modules to test.

Any link that explain how works the serial terminal test?

Any suggestion?

Thanks for all

[ Edited by Doraemon 07.07.2023 - 18:24 ]
  • »06.07.23 - 16:30
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Cego
    This behavior appears when you have no PS2 Keyboard attached. usually if you keep waiting it should continue booting after a while. Or just connect a PS2 Keyboard :)

[ Edited by Cego 06.07.2023 - 17:22 ]
    Pegasos II G4 @1.0GHz, 1GB DDR Ram, Radeon 9200Pro, 240GB SSD+160GB HD, MorphOS 3.18, AmigaOS4.1 FE, Debian 8
  • »06.07.23 - 17:22
    Doraemon
    Quote:

Cego wrote:
    This behavior appears when you have no PS2 Keyboard attached. usually if you keep waiting it should continue booting after a while. Or just connect a PS2 Keyboard :)

It Works!!
    I'm really happy.
    A lot of thanks.
    It was really frustrating but I nver thought that a keyboard was really mandatory
  • »06.07.23 - 20:02
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Brumiga
    @Doraemon,

You can contact bplan to obtain an update of openfirmware. Indicate the revision of your mother board, the serial number of you cpu daughterboard and the version/revision of openfirmware on your pegasos 2. With this update of openfirmware you will be able to use usb keyboards instead of ps2 one. And it will not stop/block the start on bplan logo. Find their adress and send a mail.

Good luck.

Brumiga
  • »07.07.23 - 09:00
    Doraemon
    Thanks for the tip.
    I will do it.

Quote:

Brumiga wrote:
    @Doraemon,

You can contact bplan to obtain an update of openfirmware. Indicate the revision of your mother board, the serial number of you cpu daughterboard and the version/revision of openfirmware on your pegasos 2. With this update of openfirmware you will be able to use usb keyboards instead of ps2 one. And it will not stop/block the start on bplan logo. Find their adress and send a mail.

Good luck.

Brumiga
  • »07.07.23 - 17:25
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    KennyR
    You can still get PS2 to USB converters for next to nothing, that will let you plug in a USB keyboard into a PS2 port. Even when I got a Pegasos 1 back in 2003, PS2 keyboards were very hard to find.
  • »08.07.23 - 20:04
    Kronos
    Quote:

KennyR wrote:
    You can still get PS2 to USB converters for next to nothing, that will let you plug in a USB keyboard into a PS2 port.

Careful, these basic purple (KBD) and green (mouse) adapters only work if the KBD (or mouse) supports the PS/2 (PS2 is Sony...) protocol.
    Properly not true for most stuff designed in the past 15 years.
  • »08.07.23 - 21:19
  • MorphOS Developer
    bigfoot
    Quote:

Kronos wrote:
    Careful, these basic purple (KBD) and green (mouse) adapters only work if the KBD (or mouse) supports the PS/2 (PS2 is Sony...) protocol.
    Properly not true for most stuff designed in the past 15 years.

And more important: They can fry your USB keyboard if it doesn't support this.
    I rarely log in to MorphZone which means that I often miss private messages sent on here. If you wish to contact me, please email me at [username]@asgaard.morphos-team.net, where [username] is my username here on MorphZone.
  • »08.07.23 - 21:21
    Profile Visit Website