Paladin of the Pegasos
Posts: 1340 from 2012/11/10
From: Manchester, UK/GB
terminills wrote: I'll be honest I don't follow the Amiga sites as much as I used to. I was asked by my developer not to post about the current changes until they're fully implemented (just in case they didn't work out the way he wanted). So, I haven't done.
Hi Timothy (terminills
) , that seems like a nice (read that as 'strange
') position to be in, getting an Amiga program developed that's already been gathering dust, and not bothering to keep the people updated who are intended to buy it - so they remain 'out of the loop'/ 'in the dark' / 'ill-informed' . . .
. . . and then your developer asks you still not to say anything about what's been going on for seemingly even more considerable time . . . and there's still no word about what those additional features might be, or how much longer we are all supposed to wait for its release . . . months . . . years . . . decades?
Are you paying for its development? If not, then whoever is ideally needs to get whoever is developing it more motivated, and get this software development into a higher, faster gear - ideally before you (all?) run out of fuel (finance) and customer(s), and before you reach a premature end in your intended development journey.
It's been in (seemingly stalled) development so long it might be wise to release what you have that's stable - if it is? Then later, release any further planned development as a later update, which might release/bring in some payment(s), and investment(s) to secure its future in the longer term - just a suggestion.
It's been languishing so long that even I am beginning to think that it is never going to materialise again for Amiga-like systems,
. . . though I hope you manage to prove me wrong.
That AmigaWorld webpage link
quoted was originally started by you (terminills
) and that was dated 15 March 2015 2215hrs, with a comment reply very soon afterwards in reply to a query as to what would be on offer in a 'new' release, and you statedQuote:
"First will be the fully native version after that we'll be adding features
So, as I already stated above why don't you go back to plan A - and do what you said in that quote, though if you have more features already added that work then just release that. You can always add more features at a later date as an update, as coming up for 8 years you still have no product to show for it, so as it currently stands it's like a shadow, or just looks like "fluff'n'dust" - what used to be referred to as vapourware!
MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.17,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5.