Is Anti-Grain Geometry available?
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    walkero
    Hello everyone.
    I am interested to port an editor app to morphos, which requires anti-grain geometry library (https://sourceforge.net/projects/agg/).
    Is this available for MorphOS anywhere? Unfortunately I couldn't find anything about it.

[ Edited by walkero 26.12.2021 - 21:18 ]
  • »26.12.21 - 19:12
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Tcheko
    Hi,

We have some vgraphics.library that implements vector to raster from SVG markup. Is that of any help?
    Quelque soit le chemin que tu prendras dans la vie, sache que tu auras des ampoules aux pieds.
    -------
    I need to practice my Kung Fu.
  • »26.12.21 - 20:22
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    walkero
    @Tcheko
    Thank you for your reply. I am afraid it doesn't help because that would mean I should change the way the application is developed, and do that on every update. I wonder if anyone ported it for any other project, but never released it to the public.

If there is no version, I found in Aminet an Aros port, and I might work with that to port the library to MorphOS (https://aminet.net/package/dev/lib/agg.src-aros). I guess that version would be pretty close to what a MorphOS one should be, right?

Any recommendations by anyone?
  • »26.12.21 - 22:27
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    KennyR
    Quote:

walkero wrote:
    Any recommendations by anyone?

I'd recommend you look at porting a different editor app that doesn't require AGG. AGG is old and has been surpassed, and its main author sadly passed away in 2013.
  • »03.01.22 - 12:38
    Kronos
    Herewogoagain....

SteamDraw has been AGG for >15 years so it does work.

Whenever I hear someone talking bout a port I just see someone who hasn't done even the most basic homework. AGG will compile out of the box. Well not 100% you need to create Makefile.in for MorphOS (AFAIR I just renamed the Linux one) and adapt a few include path.

Don't wander into examples area thinking you have to port the GUI toolkit found there, most can just run on the SDL backend (which is something I never really to investigated).

-> get the library to build (if really needed I could send you a copy of mine)
    --> get your app to find all the includes and link to the lib
    ---> fix whatever other dependancies remain
  • »03.01.22 - 13:03
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > AGG is old and has been surpassed, and its main author
    > sadly passed away in 2013.

There are people continuing the development. v2.8.14 has just been released some days ago (a year ago forked from now two-year-old SVN revision r134/v2.7, which had some minor updates later).
  • »03.01.22 - 13:16
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    walkero
    Thank you guys for your replies.

Meanwhile, I tried to compile it myself but I didn't complete it. And today I saw that another member of this community sent me a compiled version, who I thank so much for doing so.

Take care.
  • »03.01.22 - 22:52
    Profile Visit Website