Dual ARM processor with media streaming/decoding
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Raf_MegaByte
    ZMS-05 SoC (System-On-Chip) is a dual core ARM processor from ZiiLabs.

It features 2 ARM cores on a single chip combining it with System on Chip features (no requirements of Northbridge and (?) Southbridge bios-like chips) and has also built-in graphic system and data streaming/decoding features...

What a Bonanza Processor!

Quote:

The latest ZMS-05 processor combines a powerful media processing array, dual ARM cores and a rich set of integrated peripheral controllers with a range of hardware platforms and advanced middleware to enable OEMs, ODMs, System Integrators and Software developers harness their ingenuity to quicky create and market a broad range of highly innovative products.

Building on the concept of nature's stem cells that form the basic building blocks of life, at the heart of the ZMS architecture is an array of media-optimized Processing Elements (PEs) that can instantly develop into any of the specialized acceleration functions required of today's media rich devices. This approach offers almost unlimited flexibility to accelerate a media and compute intensive tasks while offering the scalability and energy efficiency to meet the needs of a broad range of products.

Flexibile Media-Rich SoC - Software Defined Silicon acceleration
    Complete Platform Solutions - Ready-for-Market Platform Solutions and Development Kits
    Advance Middleware - A rich-suite of development tools and middleware
    Incredible Scalability - from 10 Gigaflops to Peta FLOPS
    Energy Efficient - High density processing architecture for reduced power consumption

Could it be the core for a new (hypotetical) Efika 3? :-? 8-) :-D
    Bill Gates "Think!", Steve Jobs: "Think different!" So... Let these guy continue blabbering thinking and enjoy computing! We are on Amiga!
  • »27.02.09 - 10:42
  • ASiegel
    @ Raf_MegaByte

You will have a much better chance of receiving a proper answer if you post your question on http://www.powerdeveloper.org rather than on a website that is focused on MorphOS, which does not support the ARM architecture.
  • »27.02.09 - 11:02
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Jupp3
    I have been wondering why there haven't been any arm based netbooks, at least I haven't seen any. I guess that (arm instead of X86) would reduce power usage considerably. And as Linux (some for of which comes with many netbooks) can easily be compiled for arm aswell, I can't see any big problem.

But as was already said in the previous comment, I fail to see how this is MorphOS related at all?
  • »27.02.09 - 12:27
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > Could it be the core for a new (hypotetical) Efika 3?

No, Genesi is going i.MX515 for that.
  • »27.02.09 - 12:49
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > I have been wondering why there haven't been any arm based netbooks,
    > at least I haven't seen any.

The're coming, really.

> as Linux [...] can easily be compiled for arm aswell, I can't see
    > any big problem.

Yes, quite to the contrary, really.
  • »27.02.09 - 13:02