Objective-C Examples
  • IKE
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    IKE
    Hello All,

When I try to compile the examples in the SDK 3.14 with the provide make file, I get this error: " undefined reference to `__objc_class_name_OBApplication' ".

It seems to exist in a couple of the libs when I search for it, i.e. (libmui.framework.a and libmui_debug.framework.a). I know these examples compiled under SDK 3.12. Any idea what the issue is?

Also, are there any other examples of using MUI with Objective-C available?

Thanks in advance,
    IKE
    IKE

MacMini G4 1.5Ghz/PowerBook G4 1.67Ghz/PowerMac G5 2.0Ghz DP 7,2 Radeon 9650/256MB

Join the conversation @ r/morphos
  • »05.12.20 - 01:41
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    polluks
    You may write a bug report if jacadcaps doesn't answer soon.
    Other examples? I'm pretty sure: no (this is proved by noone compiled the examples again ;-)).
    Pegasos II G4: MorphOS 3.9, Zalman M220W · iMac G5 12,1 17", MorphOS 3.18
    Power Mac G3: OSX 10.3 · PowerBook 5,8: OSX 10.5, MorphOS 3.18
  • »05.12.20 - 16:11
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    OBApplication sits in libob.framework.a. It's in gg:ppc-morphos/lib in the SDK. Sorry, I forgot to update the Frameworks/Examples/Makefile. Just edit -lob_debug.framework -lmui_debug.framework to -lob.framework -lmui.framework respectively.

Did you check if the Flow Studio project compiles OK? That's the CustomClass2.xprj file - open that from the Project menu in Flow.
  • »05.12.20 - 16:35
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Btw do you have any specific examples in mind? I've written tons of ObjC-MUI code and would be happy to provide examples, but just I don't believe in the value of just opensourcing bigger projects since it'd be hard to learn from those.

I'll try to clean up Zoom enough to put it on github and include in future SDK releases. It's quite small, but also a good illustration of ObjectiveC 2.0 w/ ARC usage.
  • »05.12.20 - 16:39
    Profile Visit Website
  • IKE
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    IKE
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote:
    OBApplication sits in libob.framework.a. It's in gg:ppc-morphos/lib in the SDK. Sorry, I forgot to update the Frameworks/Examples/Makefile. Just edit -lob_debug.framework -lmui_debug.framework to -lob.framework -lmui.framework respectively.

Did you check if the Flow Studio project compiles OK? That's the CustomClass2.xprj file - open that from the Project menu in Flow.

Thanks for the response. I tried that, it creates the first three .mo files and then fails here on the .db file:

Work:Development/Frameworks/Examples> make
    ppc-morphos-gcc-5 -Wall -DDEBUG=1 -Og -noixemul -I/SDK/Frameworks/include -fconstant-string-class=OBConstantString -fobjc-exceptions -g -std=gnu99 -Wl,--traditional-format -c CSVViewer.m -o CSVViewer.mo
    ppc-morphos-gcc-5 -Wall -DDEBUG=1 -Og -noixemul -I/SDK/Frameworks/include -fconstant-string-class=OBConstantString -fobjc-exceptions -g -std=gnu99 -Wl,--traditional-format -c CSVList.m -o CSVList.mo
    ppc-morphos-gcc-5 -Wall -DDEBUG=1 -Og -noixemul -I/SDK/Frameworks/include -fconstant-string-class=OBConstantString -fobjc-exceptions -g -std=gnu99 -Wl,--traditional-format -c CSVLoadSave.m -o CSVLoadSave.mo
    ppc-morphos-gcc-5 -Wall -DDEBUG=1 -Og -noixemul -I/SDK/Frameworks/include -fconstant-string-class=OBConstantString -fobjc-exceptions -g -std=gnu99 -Wl,--traditional-format CSVViewer.mo CSVList.mo CSVLoadSave.mo -lob.framework -lmui.framework -lobjc -ldebug -noixemul -lm -lmath -o CSVViewer.db
    /Work/Development/gg/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/ppc-morphos/5.5.0/../../../../ppc-morphos/bin/ld: CSVViewer.mo: in function `_i_MainWindow__filepanelForLoading_encoding_separator_title_lineEnding_':
    /Work/Development/Frameworks/Examples/CSVViewer.m:217: undefined reference to `__objc_class_name_OBApplication'
    /Work/Development/gg/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/ppc-morphos/5.5.0/../../../../ppc-morphos/bin/ld: /Work/Development/gg/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/ppc-morphos/5.5.0/../../../../ppc-morphos/lib/libmui.framework.a(MUIMain.mo): in function `main':
    /Temp/cvs.morphos.net/morphoswb/classes/frameworks/mui/bin/shared/../../MUIMain.m:7: undefined reference to `__objc_class_name_OBApplication'
    collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
    make: *** [Makefile:16: CSVViewer] Error 1

I get this error when compiling the CustomClass2 in FlowStudio:

Work:Development/Frameworks/Examples
    make: Entering directory '/Work/Development/Frameworks/Examples'
    compiling CustomClass2_RELEASE.mo
    › q› qlinking CustomClass2
    /Work/Development/gg/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/ppc-morphos/5.5.0/../../../../ppc-morphos/bin/ld: cannot find -lobjfw_rt.library
    make: *** [Work:Development/Frameworks/Examples/Makefile.CC2:76: CustomClass2] Error 1
    make: Leaving directory '/Work/Development/Frameworks/Examples'
    ### Build End ###

[ Edited by IKE 05.12.2020 - 09:46 ]
    IKE

MacMini G4 1.5Ghz/PowerBook G4 1.67Ghz/PowerMac G5 2.0Ghz DP 7,2 Radeon 9650/256MB

Join the conversation @ r/morphos
  • »05.12.20 - 18:40
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Sorry about that. For the Flow project, the Linker libraries should be

Code:
    -lmui.framework -lob-fw.framework -lobjfwrt.library

Not sure why you're getting that linking error for CSVViewer...

I'll see if I can push a new SDK by the end of the year... should make all those issues go away.

[ Edited by jacadcaps 05.12.2020 - 19:09 ]
  • »05.12.20 - 19:03
    Profile Visit Website
  • IKE
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    IKE
    Thanks for the help and good news on the possible SDK update...After editing the make to remove the underscore in the -lobjfwrt.library, I now get this error, same as the other project. I also updated it in the project settings:

Please note I have tried this on a fresh install of the SDK and verified it occurs. I also tried editing the project settings to use GCC 5 and that didn't have any effect:

### Build Start ###
    ### Current directory has changed to:
    Work:Development/Frameworks/Examples
    make: Entering directory '/Work/Development/Frameworks/Examples'
    compiling CustomClass2_RELEASE.mo
    › q› qlinking CustomClass2
    /Work/Development/gg/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/ppc-morphos/5.5.0/../../../../ppc-morphos/bin/ld: CustomClass2_RELEASE.mo:(.data.rel.ro+0x28): undefined reference to `__objc_class_name_OBApplication'
    /Work/Development/gg/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/ppc-morphos/5.5.0/../../../../ppc-morphos/bin/ld: /Work/Development/gg/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/ppc-morphos/5.5.0/../../../../ppc-morphos/lib/libmui.framework.a(MUIMain.mo): in function `main':
    /Temp/cvs.morphos.net/morphoswb/classes/frameworks/mui/bin/shared/../../MUIMain.m:7: undefined reference to `__objc_class_name_OBApplication'
    make: *** [Work:Development/Frameworks/Examples/Makefile.CC2:76: CustomClass2] Error 1
    make: Leaving directory '/Work/Development/Frameworks/Examples'
    ### Build End ###
    IKE