Youtube
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    KennyR
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > It will eventually break unless someone is spending their time
    > constantly working around Google's changes.

That's what was happening for the last 15 years, with a large amount of people in the role of this "someone", and also in a platform-agnostic way with scripts written in Python, Lua, JavaScript etc. I'm confident this will last as long as YouTube does :-)

Nah. Sooner or later they'll lock it down. Remember all those open source streaming devices and third party YT viewing apps of the 00s? Google shoved those right out of the market.

It's in Google's interest to forcefeed you those ads and track your usage. They will eventually find a way to block direct url streaming through anything but approved devices. It doesn't need to be cast iron tight like some kind of DRM, just as long as it makes it imponderously inconvenient, and that'll be enough. Those url extraction tools seem to get bigger and slower every release.

[ Edited by KennyR 03.07.2020 - 23:42 ]
  • »03.07.20 - 23:37
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Quote:

Those url extraction tools seem to get bigger and slower every release.

They don't really have a choice if they want to be able to download HLS streams - you need to be able to remux those into a single file...
  • »04.07.20 - 00:13
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    Quote:

ASiegel wrote:
    An updated version of the "YouTube_FullScreen_Fix" user script can be found here:
    http://morph.zone/downloads/YouTube_Fullscreen_Fix.zip

This adds support for the mobile version of YouTube.

For users who had the old script enabled previously and overwrote their copy with the updated version, you might have to manually add
    Code:
    https://m.youtube.com/*

to the list of affected URLs in the "Scripts" window.

If anybody keeps getting forwarded to the desktop version of YouTube, try visiting this link: m.youtube.com/?persist_app=1&app=m

Thank you kindly for this. I'll try it out later today.
  • »04.07.20 - 18:51
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    Quote:

redrumloa wrote:

This works extremely well. Dare I say better than before? Spoofing as Ipad with this new script is great! Low CPU load!
  • »06.07.20 - 02:35
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Doffo
    Quote:

redrumloa wrote:
    Quote:

redrumloa wrote:

This works extremely well. Dare I say better than before? Spoofing as Ipad with this new script is great! Low CPU load!

Good to hear!!
    -=-=-=-
    YUUUP!
  • »06.07.20 - 03:53
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    koszer
    Quote:

redrumloa wrote:

Sadly it doesn't work for me at all. If I go fullscreen then I all I can see is a black screen.
  • »06.07.20 - 14:32
  • ASiegel
    @koszer

Sounds like a graphics driver issue.

What happens when you use other applications that utilize overlay? Have you tried to play a "plain" HTML5 sample video file (link: example) in fullscreen?
  • »06.07.20 - 15:16
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    koszer
    Quote:

ASiegel wrote:
    @koszer

Sounds like a graphics driver issue.

What happens when you use other applications that utilize overlay? Have you tried to play a "plain" HTML5 sample video file (link: example) in fullscreen?

Oooops - black screen too - I can only hear the sound. That's very sad to hear as I did recently switch from Apple Radeon X850XT to PC Radeon X1950GT. It should do overlay just fine, shouldn't it?
  • »06.07.20 - 16:06
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    Quote:

koszer wrote:

Oooops - black screen too - I can only hear the sound. That's very sad to hear as I did recently switch from Apple Radeon X850XT to PC Radeon X1950GT. It should do overlay just fine, shouldn't it?

I didn't have an issue with my PC X1950 Pro. Not sure how much different the GT version is to the pro.
  • »06.07.20 - 22:10
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    sabbate
    also on aros don't works
  • »07.07.20 - 16:15
  • ASiegel
    @sabbate

This discussion is about solving issues related to YouTube on MorphOS.

AROS uses a different Webkit version. As far as I can tell, it cannot even display the mobile version of Youtube properly - unlike Odyssey on MorphOS. Feel free to open a new topic in our "Off Topic" forum if you would like to discuss Odyssey on AROS further.
  • »08.07.20 - 10:23
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    koszer
    Quote:

redrumloa wrote:
    I didn't have an issue with my PC X1950 Pro. Not sure how much different the GT version is to the pro.

So it seems I shoud either find myself another gfx card (1950 Pro?) and go from there or report a bug through MorphOS bugtracker (or both)?
  • »08.07.20 - 10:31
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    sabbate
    ok asiegel

I just wanted to report this thing, since we are also talking about OS4, however once someone had created a script on aros when odyssey still did not have the html player which is cross-platform called youtubedl, I close the intervention here
  • »08.07.20 - 12:54
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > we are also talking about OS4

See comment #41 :-)
  • »08.07.20 - 13:20