How add one sample to startup?
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Templario
    I want added on sample when MorphOS start I tryed with StartupPrefs but the preference not save, I have delete the preferences to this option is saved or there is other way to put the sample sound?
  • »19.05.20 - 09:36
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    Open prefs/ambient/Advanced.conf in a text-editor. Remove " at sfx_boot and insert your path to your sound-file.
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »19.05.20 - 11:50
    Templario
    Quote:

Amigaharry2 escribió:
    Open prefs/ambient/Advanced.conf in a text-editor. Remove " at sfx_boot and insert your path to your sound-file.

Thnak you for your help, I can hear the sample, although it is play after to load all enviroment and a little slow to play, but it is perfect.
  • »20.05.20 - 09:52
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    That's a feature from Ambient - so it's active when Ambient is loading - not earlier.
    If you want a earlier "bootjingle" you need to start a player in Mossys:s/Startup-sequence like

Code:
    run playmp3 >NIL: yoursoundfile

But be warned: You must know what you are doing, if you modify startup-sequence in MOSSYS: !!

playmp3 is a MorpOS-native dos-command which I have downloaded anywhere - don't find it at moment. If you don't find it, give me PM - I'll send it to you......

[ Editiert durch Amigaharry2 20.05.2020 - 22:13 ]
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »20.05.20 - 10:50
    Templario
    Quote:

Amigaharry2 escribió:
    That's a feature from Ambient - so it's active when Ambient is loading - not earlier.
    If you want a earlier "bootjingle" you need to start a player in Mossys:Startup-sequence like

Code:
    run playmp3 >NIL: yoursoundfile

But be warned: You must know what you are doing, if you modify startup-sequence in MOSSYS: !!

playmp3 is a MorpOS-native dos-command which I have downloaded anywhere - don't find it at moment. If you don't find it, give me PM - I'll send it to you......

Thank you for this new suggestion, I shall leave the first trick.
  • »20.05.20 - 20:26