Genesi Guest House Explained
  • Targhan
    I pulled the moderator power for a while, and thought about it. Then, I thought about it some more. I closed it for a bit, and thought further about it. Finally, I came to the conclusion that this particular forum "The Genesi Guest House" was just fine the way I originally made it.

The Genesi Guest House is literately operated by BBRV. The other forums on this site are not, but the Guest House is a direct open forum with Genesi. That forum is, in effect, "sanctioned" by Genesi. (In other words, treat the GGH as a special meeting place between Pegasos Owners and Genesi.)
    :idea:Targhan

MorphOS portal? www.MorphZone.org
  • »04.04.04 - 06:09
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    magnetic
    This sounds like an interesting concept. Can you please exapand on it?

magnetic

:-?
    Pegasos 2 Rev 2B3 w/ Freescale 7447 "G4" @ 1ghz / 1gb Nanya Ram
    Quad Boot: MorphOS 2.7 | Amiga OS4.1 U4 | Ubuntu PPC GNU/Linux | OS X 10.4
  • »04.04.04 - 06:14
    Profile Visit Website
  • Targhan
    @magnetic

I apologize that this particular forum was never properly explained. (I double checked the explaination on the forum listings, and it is still there).

Ok, the forum is broken down into individual categories and subcategories. This particular subcategory is "The Genesi Guest House."

This category is actually OPERATED by BBRV. I created this forum (way back when) to be kind of an answer to the "how do we interview someone from Genesi here?" The simplest answer was to let the "most likely" of the VIP's actually handle the show. Why? So the regular moderators can get some sleep! We don't have to filter the questions. We don't have to get up in the middle of the night to delete something that isn't appropriate by "company standards." We aren't limited to some time-frame either.

In other words, by having a forum that is OPERATED by the company head, we get a better exchange of information without a heap of extra work. That was the idea, it still is the idea, and it does not affect the rest of the site.
    :idea:Targhan

MorphOS portal? www.MorphZone.org
  • »04.04.04 - 06:23
    Profile Visit Website